Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Man City (A) pre match

In true Leicester City style, each of the three possible results on Saturday would surprise no one greatly. 

If we lose, we would still be in second at Christmas, still above Pep Guardiola's Manchester City Allstars, and having an an absolutely tremendous season, even though the media will probably write us off and never mention us again, referring to our opponents as "City" throughout. 

:plancque:

Win, and who knows what is possible. 

I hope Brendan forgets about diamonds and back 3s and reverts to the side we fielded repeatedly in our recent successful run. 

:scarf:

• Like 3

It's a tough call on how to set up for this one.  Man City are a tougher matchup for us than Liverpool, really, because we've become a heavily possession-dependent side and Pep emphasizes starving the opponent of possession above all things.  Do you start Choudhury, play a tight-packed midfield five and try to withstand the barrage and threaten on the counter?  Or do you try and play the new "Leicester Way" and beat them at their own game?

• Like 1

We won’t out possession them over the game so surely it doesn’t make sense to set up for that. 

oxford made plenty of chances ........ is there a way of playing wilf and hamza and still putting them under pressure

4-2-3-1 ?   YT/JM/AP quite narrow behind vardy ..... makes us vulnerable down the sides but perhaps better to keep them out wide ??

I think we will lose this one narrowly but get something from Liverpool. I think Pep will get into his players ahead of this game and Man City will see this as a statement game. They know the league has gone but whereas finishing second to a relentless Liverpool is understandable, finishing behind us would be poor given the embarrassment of riches they have. 

I’m glad Tielemans was rested against Everton as he’s our key player in this one. Last season we started well but they gradually overwhelmed us and the outball disappeared. KDB is the best midfielder in the division but we need to be brave enough to keep passing the ball ourselves to play out from the press. If we do so we’ve always got the counter on through Vardy. 

• Like 2

If we play on the counter like Wolves have done and Manchester United have done at their place then we have a chance, We have better players than those teams and Manchester City’s defense isn’t as good as last seasons, so every chance we can win this game game. I wouldn’t set us up defensively because that will be our own downfall.

There is a case for going all out pace up front in this one (ie Vards, Barnes and Gray), as the best chance of beating these is to play on the counter to exploit the very high line their defence plays. Problem is that Gray and Barnes were terrible v Norwich. Maybe with more pitch to run into they'll be more effective, though.

• Like 1

Think we may see a return to Maddison playing from the left. With Ndidi, Tielemans and Praet in the middle. I would go for Barnes for his direct running on the counter. 

If we get the final ball right there is definitely goals in this for us but man city can score from nowhere. 

Point to maintain the lead would be fantastic.

I don't know how my nerves would take being a goal up against these with 10 minutes to go. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Haha 1

bit of a free hit really, just hope we actually go for it, unlike any other away trip to a “big 6” team this season. 

as far as the top 4 goes, with spurs playing chelsea, even if we lose, it’s not a disaster. 

I have nothing but confidence for this game and that's not being provocative, I just don't see what's to lose. 

I think we saw in the Everton QF what we miss when Tielemans doesn't play, even when he's mildly disappointing.

So it will be good to have him back.

SPOILER ALERT: Whilst I recognise Praet's talents, I don't see him as a starter, yet. I feel people hold him on the hypothetical hyperbolic pedestal (HHP). 

Albrighton would not get away with anything he did last night in saturday's game, so I doubt he'll be risked.

It's not his fault at all, he's just a little maligned now. 

I can only see us going all out, Ndidi's got this. 

3-1-7 formation. 

Schmeichel

Evans Soyuncu

Ndidi

That's the diamond sorted, then.

Ricardo Perez Vardy Maddison Tielemans Barnes Chilwell

No doubt though, Brendan will have to make a big do-over on Pep to win this, they will not want to lose this, but they will fear our attack big time. 

Looking forward to the tactics for this one. 

8 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I have nothing but confidence for this game and that's not being provocative, I just don't see what's to lose. 

I think we saw in the Everton QF what we miss when Tielemans doesn't play, even when he's mildly disappointing.

So it will be good to have him back.

SPOILER ALERT: Whilst I recognise Praet's talents, I don't see him as a starter, yet. I feel people hold him on the hypothetical hyperbolic pedestal (HHP). 

Albrighton would not get away with anything he did last night in saturday's game, so I doubt he'll be risked.

It's not his fault at all, he's just a little maligned now. 

I can only see us going all out, Ndidi's got this. 

3-1-7 formation. 

Schmeichel

Evans Soyuncu

Ndidi

That's the diamond sorted, then.

Ricardo Perez Vardy Maddison Tielemans Barnes Chilwell

No doubt though, Brendan will have to make a big do-over on Pep to win this, they will not want to lose this, but they will fear our attack big time. 

Looking forward to the tactics for this one. 

Not attacking enough for me.

• Haha 2