Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Man City (A) pre match

If we're to win this game we need press them high up the pitch and give them very little time on the ball. We also need to target their CBs who are there to be got at. Having said that, I think Pep will take a lot from the Norwich game and push their full backs right up the pitch to nullify the threat from our own full backs and turn it into a battle of the centre mids, which if that happens I think they'll just shade it. It'll be a very interesting tactical battle, and give us an indication of how Brendan handles competing against another top class coach. I do think that if we can get an early goal the wheels on the Man City bus will well and truly fall off as they do seem to lack resolve when they're up against it. 

2 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

If we're to win this game we need press them high up the pitch and give them very little time on the ball. We also need to target their CBs who are there to be got at. Having said that, I think Pep will take a lot from the Norwich game and push their full backs right up the pitch to nullify the threat from our own full backs and turn it into a battle of the centre mids, which if that happens I think they'll just shade it. It'll be a very interesting tactical battle, and give us an indication of how Brendan handles competing against another top class coach. I do think that if we can get an early goal the wheels on the Man City bus will well and truly fall off as they do seem to lack resolve when they're up against it. 

You may well be right but when on song I would say our full backs should be doing the pushing back not theirs as I think they are the better pair. If Chilwell and Ricardo do their stuff then with Wilf covering and the pace of Soyuncu we could well keep them on the back foot. that in turn should youri and Maddison more space to do their thing.  I do think the critical battle though is going to be whether Wilf can boss the space in the centre and stop KDB from playing.

Let’s send Man City home with the Christmas Blues beating then on their own patch, give them a performance of the was going to say season but what the hell can beat the Southampton 0-9 Victory?

Hit them Hard keep them off the ball, Oxford gave them a bit of a fright first half so let’s just hit them hard and bring the 3 points nicely wrapped with a Royal blue Foxes Ribbon back to the KP I’m going for a tight win 1-2  !💙🦊💙🦊

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

"Eds: Can't stand Leicester as a club, I still remember how small time they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's with pitifully low crowds and s**t away support. They stabbed Ranieri in the back and they have somehow managed to avoid proper FFP despite overspending their way out of the championship. Their title win is still tainted in my eyes as well, I want to smash them by at least four clear goals."

The irony of a man city fan picking attendances, back stabbing and spending as things that they can't stand

Now this I have heard before, it seems very prevalent on the Man City forum that quite a few are convinced we were on PEDs during the title winning season.

That obviously much worse than extreme financial doping, before anyone starts....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Now this I have heard before, it seems very prevalent on the Man City forum that quite a few are convinced we were on PEDs during the title winning season.

That obviously much worse than extreme financial doping, before anyone starts....

One look at Jamie Vardys physique in that season disproves any use of peds whatsoever😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

"Eds: Can't stand Leicester as a club, I still remember how small time they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's with pitifully low crowds and s**t away support. They stabbed Ranieri in the back and they have somehow managed to avoid proper FFP despite overspending their way out of the championship. Their title win is still tainted in my eyes as well, I want to smash them by at least four clear goals."

The irony of a man city fan picking attendances, back stabbing and spending as things that they can't stand

Man City have a weird complex with the Ranieri sacking, they even have their own special chant for it, which I'm yet to hear sung by any other team. I give it 5 mins mins before they sing it on Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

Man City have a weird complex with the Ranieri sacking, they even have their own special chant for it, which I'm yet to hear sung by any other team. I give it 5 mins mins before they sing it on Saturday. 

This... Especially coming from a club that's so loyal to their managers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Best not mention this then....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50850085

image.png.dc55e040c6381881ace3300a9f559589.png

• Haha 1

I don’t think playing for a draw is ever really a good idea, but in practical terms it’s a much better result for us than them.

A 4-3-3 with Praet seems like the best overall option to me.  Don’t go crazy trying to beat them at their own game and don’t sit back and incite them to pick you apart.  With that lineup we’d be well-suited to catch them out with quick counters and long balls to Vardy.

3 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

I think it’s because we “stole” their Mancini chant for Ranieri which made them mad 

8 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

I'll take a goal whenever we can get it, but I am wary that an early goal at their ground would only cause them to come at us in waves for the rest of the game. Given the option, would prefer a second-half go-ahead score (ideally midway through the half) and then manage the rest of the game by trying to pick them off as they push for an equalizer.

Whatever happens, I think it's going to be some game (perhaps season-defining for both).

4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

With the excitement of progressing in the with playing a strong team, and now Man City and Liverpoo coming up, is anyone else worried about burnout? Especially over the Xmas period

Just the start of a busy Dec and Jan!

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

With the excitement of progressing in the with playing a strong team, and now Man City and Liverpoo coming up, is anyone else worried about burnout? Especially over the Xmas period

Not so much “burnout” as just a degree of fatigue which is starting to affect performances.  Chilwell and Maddison, especially, showed it in the second half v Everton.  When I see atypically weak runs and miscontrolled balls, with tired body language, I can interpret the evidence.

James Maddison has never been asked to do this much pressing and tackling in his life.  This is a most physically and mentally demanding style of play, and these kids have no experience in how to manage it over a long top-flight season.  They (and Rodgers) are discovering their limits the hard way.

I’m sure they are building up those limits, which is good.  They will give whatever they have in the tank.  But if we reach a point where that is only 75%, while guys like Albrighton are covered in rust, we’ll have painted ourselves into a corner.

For the next two games, there's no answer but to play most or all of the "regular" XI and hope for the best.  The team is young, there should be lots of adrenaline pumping, but I fear we'll see fatigue in the second halves.

• Like 4