Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Man City (A) pre match

Hoping we put in a performance but think they will be too strong for us. ....

.........On  a more positive note will be watching in the pub with my two oldest sons who are over for Christmas so after a few drinks may not really care!

• Like 1

The number 7!

After the City game, 7 ahead of Man City, and seven behind Livpool.

Can't wait to see how Otamendi/Stones and Fernandinho handle the

pace they are about to face.

On the flip side, as long as # 25 plays between the wingbacks, behind

the ball, and in front of EvSoy, # 1 shouldn't have too tough of a day.

LCFC's 2 losses have both come as the result of a penalty, as an aside.

Fortunately for Norwich, they were overlooked, as Man City/Livpool was

clearly on everyone's radar.

Now, that time has come!

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Pep says aguero and stones have trained this week ..... starting or bench ????

Keep praying that Stones is fit to start🙏🙏

Play the team not the opposition. They were better than us over the last few seasons but we have been the better side this season. Play our game and I'm confident we win. No need to start changing tactics and doing things different to what has been so good for us. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You might be wisest using the free parking and getting the tram in, one can do this from various places, such as Parrs Wood. 

I live across the road from Parrs Wood metrolink station and will go by that route. The car park is a fair size.  It's actual name is East Didsbury metrolink station (not to be confused with the railway station) and has postcode M20 5NP.

The metro journey is about 50 minutes to the Etihad. Get the tram to Shaw & Crompton (Pink line), change at Deansgate-Castlefield for the tram to Ashton-under-Lyne (Blue line), get off that at Etihad Stadium.

For the return journey I am guessing that the Etihad platform will be mayhem and intend to try going one station further back on the line to give me a better chance of getting on the tram. That is the Velodrome station, apparently 10 minutes walk eastwards along Ashton New Road (A662). I haven't tried this before so give no guarantees.

Good luck.

• Like 1

fwiw heard from source ITK that Man City are going to press Chilwell and Ricardo more than the centre backs.  Maybe no surprises but expect a lot of balls spilled from tackles on those two picked up just inside and then runs down the wings and lots of crosses.

21 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Will the Arteta factor play a part I wonder?

They seem quite rattled by it I must say, I read Arteta's taking one or two of the Man City coaches to Arsenal with him aswell, personally I think this is the start of the end for Pep at Man City with a summer departure - amongst other things he doesn't seem happy at the moment.

But ultimately;

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha why would it?

This.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

They seem quite rattled by it I must say, I read Arteta's taking one or two of the Man City coaches to Arsenal with him aswell, personally I think this is the start of the end for Pep at Man City with a summer departure - amongst other things he doesn't seem happy at the moment.

But ultimately;

This.

You could be right. Let’s see. 

7 hours ago, Biggus said:

fwiw heard from source ITK that Man City are going to press Chilwell and Ricardo more than the centre backs.  Maybe no surprises but expect a lot of balls spilled from tackles on those two picked up just inside and then runs down the wings and lots of crosses.

Pep found drunk at the pub again?

9 hours ago, deep blue said:

I live across the road from Parrs Wood metrolink station and will go by that route. The car park is a fair size.  It's actual name is East Didsbury metrolink station (not to be confused with the railway station) and has postcode M20 5NP.

The metro journey is about 50 minutes to the Etihad. Get the tram to Shaw & Crompton (Pink line), change at Deansgate-Castlefield for the tram to Ashton-under-Lyne (Blue line), get off that at Etihad Stadium.

For the return journey I am guessing that the Etihad platform will be mayhem and intend to try going one station further back on the line to give me a better chance of getting on the tram. That is the Velodrome station, apparently 10 minutes walk eastwards along Ashton New Road (A662). I haven't tried this before so give no guarantees.

Good luck.

99 pct sure they close the velodrome stadium after matches, might be worth a check.