Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Vlogging at the football.

Guest Harrydc

Upon reading this thread, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. 

Vlogging at the football is something which I would not personally do, but if this lad wants to do it it's not effecting your life in any way. In a day and age when mental health is a huge issue, it can be fatal to be attacked on social media - and yes, FoxesTalk counts as social media in my eyes.

The only one that needs to get a grip is the ones who thinks it's necessary to make fun of someone who is doing what he loves. 

Meh. Each to their own and all that but it's a strange one. Lasted about 20 seconds before I was bored. There's a niche for everything but who's actually watching this stuff, genuinely? Kids I assume?

On a side note, there are lots of awful things to be found on on the internet, but YouTube vlogger thumbnails and their "reaction" faces probably top the lot.

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc
1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Well, as many people have pointed out, having this guy near them at a game does affect their life because it severely affects their enjoyment of the game.

If he doesn't want to accept what is largely valid criticism of what he does and how he conducts his business then he shouldn't go to such lengths to make himself a public figure. No one forces him to put himself out there. He chooses to do that.

I haven't read one comment of anyone who has stated that this in annoying them during the game. 

Also, would you not argue the majority of young people today put themselves out there with social media - but it doesn't mean criticism is necessary. I just feel for him a little, that's all. 

Amateurs. If this kid annoys then you want to try being me for a day. My youngest is really into Morgz , to the point where i took him to Morgzfest in sheffield last year. Fvck me, i wanted to poke my own eyes out. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I haven't read one comment of anyone who has stated that this in annoying them during the game. 

Also, would you not argue the majority of young people today put themselves out there with social media - but it doesn't mean criticism is necessary. I just feel for him a little, that's all. 

You obviously haven't read the thread then mate, a few of us have commented on it.

Plenty of us have been unfortunate to have this moron stuck a camera in front of us at away games and act up for it for 90 minutes. I couldn't give a shit about his mental health if he's ruining my match day will his crap vlogging in all fairness, and hiding behind mental health (not that he has tbf) after being a willy puller doesn't wash.

Also as already mentioned, Man City away he riled up all their fans for 90 minutes goading then, then ran off onto the FoxesTravel coach, leaving others to sort out his mess when the Man City lads wanted a piece of him (not that I condone that behaviour)

• Like 4

How do you know the kid has mental health issues, and why would you be so ignorant (and quite rude, it seems) about such problems that sadly many people face?

Just hope the lad hasn't personally experienced abuse with what he's done.

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Well, as many people have pointed out, having this guy near them at a game does affect their life because it severely affects their enjoyment of the game.

If he doesn't want to accept what is largely valid criticism of what he does and how he conducts his business then he shouldn't go to such lengths to make himself a public figure. No one forces him to put himself out there. He chooses to do that.

There are plenty of people in here saying they wouldn't be best pleased if his antics were going on near them and that they weren't surprised by what happened at Brentford/Man City.

People join social media for all sorts of reasons. In his case this channel is very definitely an attempt to make himself well-known within our fanbase and even beyond that. He's carrying on in the same fashion so clearly hasn't learned from his mistakes and is not willing to accept valid criticism. If being on social media is affecting your mental health then you need to a) seek help and b) get off of it. He clearly has no intention of doing either of those things.

Edited by Voll Blau

25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

How do you know the kid has mental health issues, and why would you be so ignorant (and quite rude, it seems) about such problems that sadly many people face?

I'm sure i read he did at one home game. 

• Sad 1

Guest Harrydc
3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

I did not state the lad has mental health issues. It's more the fact you never know what someone is going through, therefore it's better not to give uncalled for abuse? Or am I just being ridiculous? 

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

There's a niche for everything but who's actually watching this stuff, genuinely? Kids I assume?

I assume too.

Can't say it would probably float the boat of normal grown ups (of which I loosely class myself) but there's clearly something in the youth market for guff like this if he keeps doing it.

8 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I did not state the lad has mental health issues. It's more the fact you never know what someone is going through, therefore it's better not to give uncalled for abuse? Or am I just being ridiculous? 

He gets a volley from football fans, but he's mixing it with football fans? People who aren't exactly the most sympathetic people in the world.

As Voll said, he is putting himself on a pedestal. It's not like a celebrity who is being papped in their private home. He's happy to go to grounds, give it large to opposition and some home fans (I genuinely can't wait till he can no longer use the pathetic "How does it feel to be insulting a kid" comeback he does, always.) He's also happy to overact in his videos in tabloid style.

He knows exactly what he wants. He wants comments, shares, attention. That's how get gains traction, that's how he monetises his videos. I've said this about 6/7 times I think, but I am certain he doesn't care how we do. He can overreact to anything that happens to us. His main goal is to be known, not to see Leicester do well.

He's also in a merciless environment. Football YouTube/Social media and away grounds. It's not like he goes and sits at the front with the more docile, he stands near groups of people acting up for the camera, thrusting it in people's faces when they're not expecting it. I do not begrudge anyone who gets pissed off that they're in this overacting idiot's video for 90 minutes.

He has the option to walk away at any point, in fact he's taken social media breaks and returned, so he knows he can. He's more than old enough to take responsibility for his own actions. Maybe one day he'll stop, who knows, but don't expect him to be accepted by all away fans while he's waving a camera in people's faces, goading away fans so he can film them and generally acting up for the camera.

• Like 3

Can't stand watching these videos unless it's of opposition fans in a game where Leicester absolute batter them, then it's funny.

Much prefer watching people talk about the game after the fact, rather than staring up someone's nostrils.

• 4 weeks later...

In tandem with the growth of vlogging in football, the weird appearance of fake sports journalist and player Twitter accounts is really bloody odd. 

Seen a few like this pop up on Twitter, and I can't say i see the amusement in it, just really bloody weird. 

On 10/07/2020 at 20:13, jonthefox said:

Amateurs. If this kid annoys then you want to try being me for a day. My youngest is really into Morgz , to the point where i took him to Morgzfest in sheffield last year. Fvck me, i wanted to poke my own eyes out. 

Morgzfest tell me this is a tribute festival for the skipper? Where his Champions League goal and the one away at United is played on repeat.

While  Liam Moore MCs and gets everyone singing Wesley Morgan is a blue...

41 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Morgzfest tell me this is a tribute festival for the skipper? Where his Champions League goal and the one away at United is played on repeat.

While  Liam Moore MCs and gets everyone singing Wesley Morgan is a blue...

Hmm , not quite. Watch the video for one minute and try to remember i put up with it for four hours.