Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Vlogging at the football.

These kids do need saving from themselves. The age of the spectacle means they get drunk on a bit of attention now, become increasingly over the top to maintain the attention but, for example, if future employers looked him up and saw these antics, they'd probably choose someone else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I think this is the key in terms of how he manages himself. He is clearly insanely thin-skinned. Quite happy to take advantage of his youth. His go-to response to any abuse is "Proud of yourself abusing a kid." (I've seen that on both Twitter and verbally shouting it in the ground.) The way he manages to try and take no responsibility for his poor conduct is the thing. Blocking people, accusing people. The guy clearly has never been held to account, or feels he should be held to account. If he's managed to get to his tender age and not realise the type of people he'll be around in an away end then that's completely on him.

People get very upset at him because for a lot of us (and others feel far more strongly than me, and I feel it strongly!) he is the epitome of what is wrong with modern stands, home and away. I'll keep saying this, I truly believe he does not care how the club does. It doesn't matter if we win or draw. His hardcore element want the manufactured reactions, the OTT attempts at banter with the opposition. Doesn't matter if we win, lose or draw, so long as there's an extreme reaction for those views, it doesn't matter.

For that reason, and for the fact some of us get to witness this ridiculous action when we're near him, he stokes highly charged reactions from people. Of course, this is heightened when he responds to it.

I'm also concerned that this is the start of a trend. I think a YT search recently saw around four of these vlogs at games. How many do we need, how many are we going to get? There's already his mate who also does them. They're there, trying to stand on chairs, point the camera at their face and cheer with as much gusto as possible when we score. How spontaneous.

Zero. And plenty. 

All of the general football vlogs I’ve seen have been horrendous, with the Leicester city ones even worse. Im sorry but even the harmless ones I’ve seen posted on here are absolute rubbish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Aren't all these types of videos essentially fifteen minutes of looking up some bellend's nostrils while they perform contrived reactions to what's happening?

REF COME ON !!!! YELLOW CARD REF !!!!

Come on man! You never heard of the Spoiler feature?lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Aren't all these types of videos essentially fifteen minutes of looking up some bellend's nostrils while they perform contrived reactions to what's happening?

First one I ever saw was that Norwich melon in our title winning season. He made me hate Norwich since that day

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

True fox has massive nostrils as well, like two six yard boxes 

2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

First one I ever saw was that Norwich melon in our title winning season. He made me hate Norwich since that day

Haha same! To be fair to that guy he’s got a fairly good job working for the Racing Post now I think - I followed him on twitter after that vlog and never took him off. 

26 minutes ago, Manini said:

I get a bit embarrassed answering the phone on a quiet train and having a conversation, I’ve no idea where these kids get the confidence to film themselves for 90 minutes having a conversation with nobody surrounded by hundreds of strangers. 

I remember when he had to leave the family stand and he said he was going in L1 lol . Then he said he was getting a box lol

Then he ended up at the back of SK4 lol

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Manini said:

I get a bit embarrassed answering the phone on a quiet train and having a conversation, I’ve no idea where these kids get the confidence to film themselves for 90 minutes having a conversation with nobody surrounded by hundreds of strangers. 

People that talk loudly about intimate aspects of their lives on trains are psychopaths

• Like 3

I think from reading everyone's comments in this thread, I think we're all of the same opinion. The only logical thing to do now is to catch him at the next home game and burn him on a pyre in the middle of the pitch, it;s the only way he will learn and hopefully it will ward of any others who are 'thinking about giving it a go'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I remember when he had to leave the family stand and he said he was going in L1 lol . Then he said he was getting a box lol

Then he ended up at the back of SK4 lol

Just imagine the situation that would have likely unfolded in L1...

11 hours ago, Stadt said:

People that talk loudly about intimate aspects of their lives on trains are psychopaths

Yeah it’s weird. Have you seen Bob Mortimer do train guy on Twitter (it might be a character from one of his other things I dunno I just know it from twitter)? He absolutely nails it. 

• Like 2

I mean, we're not his target demographic, are we? Most of us are probably 25+ and unlikely to have an interest in his output.

His followers are likely to be kids his age or younger than him. I mean I don't really understand the entertainment value in watching other people play computer games, I'd much rather play them myself... It's very much a generational thing, clearly.

I'm not defending him, and I can empathise with why it's found to be irksome, but whatever. As long as he's not causing disruption or mouthing off, just leave him be.

Bit of perspective, is all I'm sayin'.

36 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I mean, we're not his target demographic, are we? Most of us are probably 25+ and unlikely to have an interest in his output.

His followers are likely to be kids his age or younger than him. I mean I don't really understand the entertainment value in watching other people play computer games, I'd much rather play them myself... It's very much a generational thing, clearly.

I'm not defending him, and I can empathise with why it's found to be irksome, but whatever. As long as he's not causing disruption or mouthing off, just leave him be.

Bit of perspective, is all I'm sayin'.

But he is - and this is the point. He is a nuisance to the people around him. The poor people behind him who end up being filmed, those who he disrupts with his wholly manufactured celebration/outrage. It's just not what people sign up for when they go to a game.

There's a whole separate argument about the final product, but I think a large portion of the issue is that his filming is a cause of most of the angst. The issue is that he is mouthing off to opposing fans and his own fans, and he's not doing this for any other reason than to fill up his SD card. If people being are being disrupted by his presence they should absolutely not "leave him be."

• Like 4

Not a fan of Vlogging mid-game, but post game discussions and chats with fans I've no objection to. Haven't seen a Leicester one that I'm a fan of, so I pretty much tune into Stringer when I need my fix of Leicester discussion.

He’s absolutely fine giving out it to adults and as soon as he gets any stick back “I’m just a kid, you’re just jealous”. Maybe we should all just chip a few quid in and send him to Thailand to shag a brass, maybe then he’ll realise that going “ooo are yoh ooo are yoh” to a camera isn’t that fun anymore 

Edited by Stadt
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, lildave3 said:

I keep seeing him called a kid and I am so intrigued as to how old he actually is 

Yeah likewise I'd like to know if anybody knows how tall he is? as I'd like to give him a bit of a wake up call around his whiskers. 

Although anything over 6"1 and I'd end up bottling it and probably buy him a pint... Cvnt!!! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if he'll do videos of himself watching the football at home?

If he does then it's hard to question his dedication to having videos of himself for people to look at online, egotistical but not too inflammatory. If he doesn't then that would suggest it's all about the exposure to others at the ground, the annoyance on feather ruffling - if that's the case then people would be justified in giving him some stick.