Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Vlogging at the football.

Hideous stuff, another trend in the modern game which we could definitely do without.

The True Fox is an embarrassment tbqh. No problem with people sharing their opinions before or after games, but filming yourself bouncing about pretending to create 'limbs' and 'scenes' is just sad. Actually made me feel slightly better about losing on Saturday just to see the Man City fans wind him up on his video lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we are talking about the true fox, I guess you could argue he's not hurting anyone. 

However i know there's stuff that's mentioned mental health elsewhere on here.

I do fear for him, he's either on the biggest wind up ever, in which case I find that little worrying, or he lives in some alternate reality where the younger generation think this is normal behaviour, again a little worrying.

Also how he hasn't had a kicking from someone, I don't know, is he knocking round with the rock, vin diesel etc, and if so, again are these people taking advantage and making him act the fool, as that's mental abuse as well.

I do worry at somepoint someone, including some of our own, may turn and do him physical harm, because football is an emotionally charged place with plenty of people with a few beers in them and it could end badly for him.

I guess in the main he's doing very little harm, other than winding a load up on social media and I guess it's personal opinion on 1 if you think that's a good thing and 2 if you are bothered by what others think.

I will say I fall into the camp of thinking its odd behaviour. I hope someone is in a position to maybe sit him down and have a chat with him. Or hopefully he grows out of it a little. I mean after all. He's missing out really. This is some of the best times in 135 years of history and he's acting up to the camera for some likes online.

Shame.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

No objections from me, it is what it is.. times change and if people get a buzz from it, then why not as its not hurting anyone. 

No idea who the true fox is, maybe someone can enlighten me? 

This young man. He speaks rather quick. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

he is a knob but if you don't like his content don't click on it. I think social  media is changing the face of journalism around football and as you see in the main stream media attacks on channels such as AFTV they established press don't like fans by passing them. The scenes at Everton against AFTV are understandable but to think that Arsenal are crap because of AFTV rather than they are reacting to the events they are witnessing is naïve. The will be channels come and go some you will like some you wont over exaggeration of emotions seems to be a feature at this moment in time on social media.

• Like 2

There is a massive problem these days at events with people videoing everythign.

people seem more interested in pointing a camera at things, rather than watching the bloody event.

the worst two places i seen it recently where at Disneyland paris at the fireworks, like 1 in 3 people were watching it through their phones, same as at the arena in birmingham at a Kiss concert.

im not sure you get the same enjoyment if all you are worried about is filming stuff.

i find it very weird to be honest.

but when people bloody vlog their shopping trips and cooking their dinner, i guess its expected to creep into football, especially with the younger ones.

at least selfie sticks arent really a thing anymore. 

30 minutes ago, Cujek said:

There is a massive problem these days at events with people videoing everythign.

people seem more interested in pointing a camera at things, rather than watching the bloody event.

the worst two places i seen it recently where at Disneyland paris at the fireworks, like 1 in 3 people were watching it through their phones, same as at the arena in birmingham at a Kiss concert.

im not sure you get the same enjoyment if all you are worried about is filming stuff.

i find it very weird to be honest.

Will never understand this argument, you realise that you don’t have to watch it through your phone while you’re filming right? 

A lot of people think it’s cool to have this to either keep for years or show people that have missed out. 

Only weird thing is how angry people get over it 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 1

I don't get it but it doesn't really bother me.

Only time it will bother me, probably, is if he's leaning over me to wind opposition fans up. He stood near me at Burton then thankfully quickly moved on.

1 minute ago, lildave3 said:

Will never understand this argument, you realise that you don’t have to watch it through your phone while you’re filming right? 

A lot of people think it’s cool to have this to either keep for years or show people that have missed out. 

Only weird thing is how angry people get over it 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

k then.

not angry at all, just wish people would live in the moment and enjoy what they are doing instead of filming it to enjoy later.

the odd picture and video is fine, but watching through a phone screen detaches you from where you are.

we already spend most of our time on mobiles and electronic devices, when something is happening live, bloody well watch instead of being obsessed with filming it, because the quality will be sh1t and no one will want to watch it anyway.

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's a twat. Seen a few comments about not being surprised if he gets targeted at some games when he oversteps the mark or is just too annoying for someone or some group of fans. 

It's all some kind of vanity project though isn't it and I don't really get it? 'look at me while I watch a football match. Look at MY reactions. Look at MY feelings while this happens or that happens'. 

Nah, not for me. The less of these kinds the better. 

This is the key. It's not to give other fans an experience of what the away game is like. It's manufactured reactions with camera focused entierly on him. It's all self absorbed with one goal. Self promotion, more views and all that lovely YouTube monies. The camera is off and down by the side until something exciting happens. He doesn't actually care about how we do. Win or lose, so long as he has an extreme reaction to keep his audience happy he's fine.

People might say that's all fine but search for these and there are at least three different people now doing this at home and away games. Also, feel for those who get caught behind the vlogger and spend the entire game featured in the background of the video, all for just having got a ticket behind said vlogger.

As a sidenote, he nearly got chucked out at Newcastle in the cup, had to go off and beg to the steward because they thought he was filming the game. "I'm allowed to film, I'm allowed to film" he protested. Unfortunately the steward let him back in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cujek said:

k then.

not angry at all, just wish people would live in the moment and enjoy what they are doing instead of filming it to enjoy later.

the odd picture and video is fine, but watching through a phone screen detaches you from where you are.

we already spend most of our time on mobiles and electronic devices, when something is happening live, bloody well watch instead of being obsessed with filming it, because the quality will be sh1t and no one will want to watch it anyway.

Again...you can watch the thing live and film at the same time. The two things are not mutually exclusive. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Again...you can watch the thing live and film at the same time. The two things are not mutually exclusive. 

not from what i have seen.

people either hold their phones way up in the air and hope for the best, which seems pointless as its gonna look crap.

or watch through a screen, which does detach you from what you are there to watch.

there are of course professional vloggers who have gimble mounted go pro's or what ever, but what i am talking about is average Joe and their crappy iphone shoved in the air.

unless you are interesting (most people are not), just watch the bloody match or concert, no one wants to watch your shitty video, or listen to your annoying whiney voice.

52 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

This is the key. It's not to give other fans an experience of what the away game is like. It's manufactured reactions with camera focused entierly on him. It's all self absorbed with one goal. Self promotion, more views and all that lovely YouTube monies. The camera is off and down by the side until something exciting happens. He doesn't actually care about how we do. Win or lose, so long as he has an extreme reaction to keep his audience happy he's fine.

People might say that's all fine but search for these and there are at least three different people now doing this at home and away games. Also, feel for those who get caught behind the vlogger and spend the entire game featured in the background of the video, all for just having got a ticket behind said vlogger.

As a sidenote, he nearly got chucked out at Newcastle in the cup, had to go off and beg to the steward because they thought he was filming the game. "I'm allowed to film, I'm allowed to film" he protested. Unfortunately the steward let him back in.

Very well summed up. It's occurred to me in the past couple of weeks that clubs will get tough on this (re: filming) as it's something they can exclusively cover themselves. Deny access within the boundary of the ground and have their own 'fan channel'. Control it rather than let it go unedited. 

When I go football, my immediate reaction to important parts of the game is to share it with friends and family. Now I am one of the most introverted people going (or certainly was). I wonder do vloggers actually have friends? Do they have someone to share the moment with? 

I think every club has somebody doing this now. I saw something the other day that said YouTube Is now a viable and recognised career option for a lot of kids - I know film making and video editing has been for ages, but I’m talking strictly for YouTube here. It’s just a sign of the times, it baffles me but hey if that’s what they want to do, go for it - I imagine they’ll still pay their tax and contribute to the economy if they’re making enough coin from it. 

I wonder how long it will be until a Uni somewhere designs a course called “YouTube studies” or suchlike. 

Not the same article but the same sort of thing - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna920581

Edited by Manini

2 hours ago, twoleftfeet said:

he is a knob but if you don't like his content don't click on it. I think social  media is changing the face of journalism around football and as you see in the main stream media attacks on channels such as AFTV they established press don't like fans by passing them. The scenes at Everton against AFTV are understandable but to think that Arsenal are crap because of AFTV rather than they are reacting to the events they are witnessing is naïve. The will be channels come and go some you will like some you wont over exaggeration of emotions seems to be a feature at this moment in time on social media.

Arsenal Fan TV added to the Wenger out and have continued this through to a negativity about their squad. It's a factor, regardless of how small. 

A lot of the vlogs are attached to big media corporations - that's easy to hide.

Back in the day we had fanzines but they were more of a take it or leave it.