Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Which team do you dislike / hate? Why?

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Hate Forest and Derby, and their weird obsession with constantly mentioning how they only have eyes for each other. Such a strange pair.

Have soft spots for various lower, non-league and foreign teams. Usually due to mates or places I've visited.

It's the weirdest, most codependent "rivalry" in football. It seems to exist purely so each can remind themselves that they weren't always bang average second tier sides.

• Like 3

Coventry- Due to currently working there and the fans are just vile.

Birmingham- Just always found the club to be very hostile towards everyone... basically Millwall of the midlands

Liverpool- Being headbutted by one their supporters back in October wasn't nice...

Arsenal- Suffered some much pain from their last minute goals, the club comes across to me as so jammy. 

West Ham & Chelsea- The Press darlings...

I think there's difference between clubs you hate and dislike. Hate is a strong word... clubs above a certainly are the clubs I'd consider I hate.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

It's the weirdest, most codependent "rivalry" in football. It seems to exist purely so each can remind themselves that they weren't always bang average second tier sides.

I’ve never understood why we don’t embrace their forest and derby love in chant. It’s forest and derby, we’re all on our own

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cujek said:

It's easier for me to say which teams I don't hate. 

1. Watford (cos of Pearson) 

2. Burton Albion (my second team as they are next closest big club to me, after hinckley folded) 

3. Coventry (I feel real pity for them now, they have been so mis managed its untrue and I miss shouting we all hate Cov scum at them) 

Apart from no on league teams / teams we have never played, thats pretty much it. 

I hate every team we are playing against. 

3.  I would never ever pity that shit(Cov)

• Like 1

i have pretty much all teams cos that’s literally the point. 

of my main favourite teams to hate that haven’t been mentioned i’d go bournemouth. hope they go bust on a regular basis. 

i like leeds. and bristol rovers. 

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

This for me too. Maybe we're just mellowing with age Mike :cool:

As a youth I disliked Forest but that was probably more envy/jealousy around their success back then. Nowadays I've realised that to dislike/hate an entire club is a bit odd really.

All clubs have their fair share of bell ends and plastics and we're no different. To label an entire club as this, that or the other is just too much of a generalisation.

Just look back through the Vichai tragedy thread and you'll see the best of supporters from all clubs coming on here and sympathising with us. And when we won the league, we had fans from pretty much every team outside of North London rooting for us. 

These days I just cba to hate/dislike any team really. 

You make a good point about the Vichai tragedy.  I think that at times like that we all put our differences aside, but as a general rule, the tribalism makes football.  Football doesn't suit the genteel clap along bonhomie of cricket for instance.  The vitriol is all part of the circus and an essential part of the whole football fan experience.

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Another thread about hating? I'll pass. 

I love Leicester, will that do?

I think it is hate in the sense that someone might 'hate' brussell sprouts.  In other words not to be taken seriously but part of the pantomime fun.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dayday said:

3.  I would never ever pity that shit(Cov)

It could quite easily have been us had the administration not have gone the way it did. 

And don't you miss playing them, it was always the first fixture I looked for every season, when we was in the same division as them

ManU for their plastic fans, their sense of entitlement, the way their fans take over R5 606 whenever they win when even though they live between Portsmouth and Birmingham.

Stoke because when they in the prem, they were the dirtiest shittest team in the league.

Forest because... well, it's Forest innit?

• Like 1

Burnley because of Dyche and their football style makes my eyes bleed can’t believe so many fans wanted  him here. 

Liverpool as all my mates were glory hunters growing up and just supported them as they were the best team .

Spurs because of the title winning year and how all the media have always  rimmed them and Poch yet they haven’t won anything for years .

Palace I don’t know why I just do . 

Edited by baldeagle

17 minutes ago, Cujek said:

It could quite easily have been us had the administration not have gone the way it did. 

And don't you miss playing them, it was always the first fixture I looked for every season, when we was in the same division as them

I do miss them, I’m from south Leics, drinked in Rugby every weekend in my youth,  and there was a 50/50 fan base with Leicester and Cov fans, we had the banter all the time

In the period of the 80s /90s it was all ways kicking off, Leicester fans on the pitch, a bit later Leicester fans smashing there pubs up in town and a bit later after that  the trouble in Earlsdon.

There was more trouble with the Cov fans than Derby or Forest.

I might be in the minority, but I reckon the matches with Cov had a more derby feeling than Forest or Derby

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Liverpool 

Liverpool reserves 

Liverpool U23

Liverpool U21

Liverpool U18

Liverpool Youth and development 

Sorry if I've missed any🙁

I’m fully on board with this.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

You make a good point about the Vichai tragedy.  I think that at times like that we all put our differences aside, but as a general rule, the tribalism makes football.  Football doesn't suit the genteel clap along bonhomie of cricket for instance.  The vitriol is all part of the circus and an essential part of the whole football fan experience.

I think it is hate in the sense that someone might 'hate' brussell sprouts.  In other words not to be taken seriously but part of the pantomime fun.

Yeah I think it’s just the word ‘hate’ that’s the issue. Of course the banter/piss take/tribalism is key to the game and we must never lose that.

Its the generalisations that get me though. Saying ‘all’ fans of such and such a club are entitled, plastic, wankers, thugs, cvnts, is just nonsense really.

And for people to say they hate a club because of how they were in the 70’s and 80’s well, maybe it’s time to let it go?

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

Clubs I don't mind are like Burton due to the fact they've to there credit a good old non league club that rose through the ranks without really spending heavily unlike the likes of Salford or Fleetwood, who've had sugar daddy owners come in and invest vast sums of money to get them into the football league. Burton have just lived within their means and have got as high the championship, also don't mind Nigel Clough never tries to use his dads success to help him.