Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Which team do you dislike / hate? Why?

A fellow insomniac I seelol

Liverpool is the obvious one, their fan base has this strange air of arrogance no matter what part of the country they come from. Less obvious ones would be Reading, Watford, Fulham, all just seem so boring. Pearson has got me wishing Watford well this season though.

Edited by OadbyBlue
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Spurs because they are spurs and forest because what ever some of our younger fans think back in the day there was proper rivalry and pure hatred. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

A bit random I know.

However it’s 04:00 on Boxing Day and I’ve been all manor of junk on the internet for the last hour; so I stand very little chance of getting back to sleep

now.

Which other teams do you dislike? 

For me, it’s always been Manchester United and Liverpool. Largely formed from growing up around so many glory hunting fans, that suffer from Elitism. 

Same for me as well, growing up with these plastic tosspots, grrr.

Spurs and Arsenal now as I’ve just gone on to dislike those cockney entitled fans who think they deserve to be at the top all of the time and take it really personally when they realise they’re crap. 

• Like 1

Excellent reverse negative post!

Chelsea for me.

Reasons being; their abrasive fans, angry brand of football, the clothes their fans wear to games, the privilege they assume, The Kings Road, Stamford Bridge, The dust up's in the 2000's, John Terry, Dennis Wise, their "dislike" for Liverpool etc etc oh Chelsea.

That said, so many of my all time favourite players have been "Chelsea" Drogba, Makalele, Dixon, Gudjhonnsen, Kante, Lampard, Cech, Zola, Gullit, Vialli, Nevin, Desailly.

• Like 1

Like the OP, I always hated Utd and Liverpool and for similar reasons. Growing up in the 80s and 90s everyone supported them. Also Derby for similar reasons. I was born on Burton so if it wasn't Liverpool or Utd people supported Derby. We also had a decent rivalry with them through the 90s. Funnily enough I don't mind Utd or Derby these days but still Cannae stand Liverpool.

More recently I suppose it has to be Spurs.  I also have an irrational dislike for Everton for no reason at all really. X 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out of the current PL sides, for me it's Manchester City. They used to be alright, irrelevant infact, but nowadays some of them carry this arrogance that I despise. Every time I go to the Etihad, including last week, I end up near their fans who just shout stupid shit, they seem to have no concept of where they come from. Plus they sing about us sacking Ranieri for some weird reason (despite the fact Mancini and Pelligrini both won trophies for the first time in years for that club and were then sacked).

I think they try and make up for the fact they will always be the smallest team in their City and their City rivals actually hate Liverpool more. I hope Manchester City never win the Champions League.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's easier for me to say which teams I don't hate. 

1. Watford (cos of Pearson) 

2. Burton Albion (my second team as they are next closest big club to me, after hinckley folded) 

3. Coventry (I feel real pity for them now, they have been so mis managed its untrue and I miss shouting we all hate Cov scum at them) 

Apart from no on league teams / teams we have never played, thats pretty much it. 

I hate every team we are playing against. 

Can't say that I use the word hate to describe any other club. However, like most, I've had the misfortune to cross paths with many fanboys/girls that have absolutely no association with certain clubs (that mostly play in red) and speak about 'us' and 'we' when referring to said clubs. Very irritating and difficult to have any meaningful football conversation when being looked down on from their superior big club position. I currently share an office with a United ' (Manchester, I assume) fanboy that lives in the south east and grew up on the south coast. I try to switch the conversation around to how his home town club, Brighton, are getting on. He doesn't seem to get it but it makes me feel better.

The first team I can remember disliking was Everton I think because of Alan Ball (but no idea why I took against a World Cup winner at the age of 5) then Arsenal when he moved there.  Later it was Manchester United when it seemed referees were doing everything to help them, still look out for their result hoping they lose.  Chelsea because of that dive in the FA cup quarter final but less bothered about them now as Lampard and most of their team seem fairly likeable.  Spurs recently because of the entitled attitude in 2016 (and Delli Ali of course).  I guess the only constant since the early 70’s is Arsenal.