Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Wigan Pre Match Thread

Guest Cujek
15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing someone from the U23s in the match day squad for this like Hirst or Wright, even just for a 10 minute cameo off the bench at the end if we are cruising, just to get 1 or 2 of them a taste of some first team football

i want to see Faiq Bolkiah!

but really though, this will my daughters first live match, she has asked me for a flag! i hope she likes it and we put on a good show and we have no moaners near us.

i am trying to lure her away from rugby to football as her mother has something against football and an elitist attitude towards rugby being better crowds.

she already sings jamie vardy having a party and leicester, leicester, leicester.

even if Jamie isn't playing any part i will just pretend he did for her.

what ever team we put out, surely we have to much for Wigan?

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We should just go with the lineup we had the last time we played Wigan:

Kasper

De Laet - Moore - Morgan - Konchesky

Knockaert - Hammond - King - Dyer

Nugent - Wood

TBH that’s not the most terrible lineup we’ve put out in the past 10 years !

(what was the score ?)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cujek said:

i want to see Faiq Bolkiah!

but really though, this will my daughters first live match, she has asked me for a flag! i hope she likes it and we put on a good show and we have no moaners near us.

i am trying to lure her away from rugby to football as her mother has something against football and an elitist attitude towards rugby being better crowds.

she already sings jamie vardy having a party and leicester, leicester, leicester.

even if Jamie isn't playing any part i will just pretend he did for her.

what ever team we put out, surely we have to much for Wigan?

Faiq Bolkiah is quite interesting really, bloke is absolutely loaded and part of one of the richest families in the world, but still willing to put the work in to become a footballer

Good match to choose for her first game, should hopefully see a few goals! You will always get moaners wherever you sit in any ground, just one of those things unfortunately!

I do quite like rugby crowds, they can be quite good, but still feel on some occasions (e.g. European nights) the atmosphere in a football match just can’t be matched

We should be brushing past Wigan, but you never know with the magic of the cup, just look at Newport last season!

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Personally, I would prefer the same lineup that started the West Ham game, except for Schmeichel and Evans (Ward and Soyuncu).

image.thumb.jpeg.33a8281fb4c28c201f859a0276cad212.jpeg

I don't think it'll look much different to that to be honest 

I hope 1 or 2 U23's are given a chance in this, even on the bench. The midfielders and forwards have been in very good form in the last 2 months and there's no point risking Vardy, Maddison and Tielemans for this IMO. We have a huge semi final ahead of us on Tuesday, I want to smash Villa to smithereens.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, surrifox said:

TBH that’s not the most terrible lineup we’ve put out in the past 10 years !

(what was the score ?)

2-2 away draw in the championship title winning season

We have only ever played them 4 times: 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

Guest Cujek
14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Faiq Bolkiah is quite interesting really, bloke is absolutely loaded and part of one of the richest families in the world, but still willing to put the work in to become a footballer

Good match to choose for her first game, should hopefully see a few goals! You will always get moaners wherever you sit in any ground, just one of those things unfortunately!

I do quite like rugby crowds, they can be quite good, but still feel on some occasions (e.g. European nights) the atmosphere in a football match just can’t be matched

We should be brushing past Wigan, but you never know with the magic of the cup, just look at Newport last season!

I played Rugby for 20 odd years, but i really hate watching it in a the stands, everyone is so nice to each other, people even congratulate the other fans if they win, i cant get my head around it never could.

i never understood why we had to make tunnels and clap each other off the pitch as well, it never sat well with me.

my brain is much more suited to football, but my body was always more suited to rugby.

I cant wait to take her, she is so excited!

i was watching some clips of Faiq, earlier and he looks a cut above the other Brunei players (which you would expect) looks very skillfull and quick, would like to see him get a game, would also like to Hirst play, i saw his dad play a few times and was always impressed, he was such a boss, shamefully over looked by England at the time.

Could be an absolutely anything line up this! 

We’ve got the first leg of our best chance at a trophy this season on Wednesday... but arguably against a depleted Villa. 

Similarly given how we’re competing for 2nd/3rd Brendan might fancy a double cup run, so I wouldn’t be that shocked to see Vardy at least in the squad, probably wouldn’t want him going into the Villa game cold? 

I’m looking forward to it anyway, great price this game and that seems to have helped sales so could be a good old fashioned cup game and atmosphere to go with it! 

Edited by AjcW

21 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Judging by the areas left, I think we're gonna have a decent turnout if I'm not wrong!

Looks a great turnout, yes! Still slightly baffled why this is selling quicker than the cup semi final, but maybe people are waiting for their credit card bill to come through before buying their tickets for the Villa match :dunno: