Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Wigan Pre Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Hes actually shit thou.

At least the other 2 will more than likely break into the first team next season

That's true. I just like the idea of a future pub quiz question more than being practical.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

2 different 11s for this game and Villa game is my prediction. For this I’d go

Ward

Justin

Evans 

Benko

Fuchs

Albrighton

Mendy

Preat (if well, if not Hamza)

Gray

Perez 

Nacho

similar team to west ham game, play the others against Villa in the semi. Should be enough to get through both games.

I liked the diamond against Villa, and it would keep Perez in the middle where he's been so effective. A diamond ensures you have Praet and Ndidi covering the inside for Grealish, and at home I think we can get on the ball more and use the extra midfielder to dominate.

For Villa I'd go:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet Tielemans

Maddison

Perez Vardy

Therefore Wigan you play:

Ward

Amartey Morgan Benkovic Justin

Choudhury Mendy

Gray Barnes Albrighton

Iheanacho

Bench: Jakupovic, Soyuncu, Fuchs, James/Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison, Perez, Hirst

Perhaps harsh on Fuchs but he did play 90 today. Shop window for Amartey and Benkovic. Possible chance for KDH or Hirst as a reward for PL2 form. Mendy and Choudhury were great together at West Ham. And I'd like to see Barnes more central and perhaps interchange with Demarai throughout.

Ultimately, I'd like Kasper, Evans, Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans and Chilwell to be on a beach in the Maldives, listening to Stringer and Piper talking nonsense.

Guest Markyblue

14 points in front of fifth place team, soon be resting players for league games and targeting the 2 cups.👀🤔

100% the west ham team against Wigan.

They have been playing closed door friendly's to prepare themselves for the festive period and we will have our normal 11 for the Semi final and go full strength against an injured villa.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

If Vardy is injured then goes to show the risk in playing him at Everton when we had Man City and Liverpool so close afterwards. No harm done so far but hopefully he'll be fit for Villa.

4-4-2 for me to keep Perez and Iheanacho together, they've got a bit of momentum. If we don't see Benkovic in this then he is definitely heading somewhere. If Rodgers sees 3-5-2 as the future then he may as well play it again to keep Fuchs used to playing left sided centre back. Tempted to keep Tielemans in to see if he can play his way into some form.

442:

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Benkovic

Chilwell

Gray

Tielemans

Choudhury

Barnes

Perez

Iheanacho

352:

Ward

Benkovic

Morgan

Fuchs

Ricardo

Praet

Choudhury

Tielemans

Chilwell

Perez

Iheanacho

My 5 year old boy's first game. Got tickets in the Walker's Hall for us. Bit different to sitting in the south stand upper tier at Filbert Street, as I did for my first game!

Team lineup I'd like to see Benko play, been doing well in the U23's. 

I think Evans should be rested and go see his family for a few days.

I'd pick the same team as above. 

• Like 2

Danny Ward (what has he done wrong, he looks really solid and was great against Wolves 18 months ago!!!)

Justin (had a v good game on Saturday)

Big Wes (still safe re Everton, West Ham)

Benkovic (if he's even around, seen hide no hair of him)

Fuchs (3 games in a week, but has had plenty of time off this season)

Mendy (again if he is not going to be shipped out, was ok Saturday)

Praet (almost always reliable and v unlucky not to have more 1st team starts)

Choudry (v good at minute + confidence of goal)

Barnes (think he has probably lost his starting spot over Christmas period, currently lacking, may come with time)

Albrighton (OK vs West Ham, always good to get a start to keep up to pace)

Iheanacho (if Vardy is certain to start against Villa on Weds, 4 games in 10 days would be a lot) OR

Gray (to give Vardy and Nacho a rest b4 Weds, probably got enough against Wigan)

Hopefully good enough with a good support at home to continue to the 4th round!!

3 minutes ago, smr said:

My 5 year old boy's first game. Got tickets in the Walker's Hall for us. Bit different to sitting in the south stand upper tier at Filbert Street, as I did for my first game!

Team lineup I'd like to see Benko play, been doing well in the U23's. 

I think Evans should be rested and go see his family for a few days.

I'd pick the same team as above. 

Hope he has a great time! 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Why is this on at 5 something ??? ...   its not on the box is it ??

:S

It's because of the rugby and needing to stagger the games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Wigan have won only 3 of their last 37 away league fixtures. Across those games they have scored 34, conceded 68 and kept only 2 clean sheets. Only complacency can cause us to lose this one. My prediction is we take it easy and get the job done 2-0. 

All up for a cup upset...

Struggle against Villa...

Southampton forces us to forget the 0-9...

See how much is Left of the Leicester-DNA of old..