Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Derby in Financial meltdown

13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This is almost 100% the product of one of those classy touch football banter Twitter accounts 

It’s because the BBC journalist said it was paid by someone very close to the club at the moment but “who perhaps might not be going forward depending on what happens, and it isn’t Mel Morris”. 

5 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s because the BBC journalist said it was paid by someone very close to the club at the moment but “who perhaps might not be going forward depending on what happens, and it isn’t Mel Morris”. 

Not a Derby fan but respect 👏🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Mike Ashley is waiting until the very last minute. He ain’t daft 

And he’s precisely the right type of owner Derby require.

Like my mate put so succinctly earlier- they don’t give a fcuk about a big name signing. They just want to know they’ve got a fixture to look forward to each Saturday 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Genuinely feel sorry for their fans.

'We've been there before' etc.

Generally speaking, they've rarely come across as arrogant etc. unlike their Nottingham rivals.

My experience is the opposite. 

Just now, sm1 said:

I'm surprised Milan Mandaric hasn't put his name in the hat.

Not cheap enough for him and to much knowledge of his financial dealings needed.

On 08/06/2022 at 23:23, Wymsey said:

Genuinely feel sorry for their fans.

'We've been there before' etc.

Generally speaking, they've rarely come across as arrogant etc. unlike their Nottingham rivals.

They literally celebrated Mel Morris taking them down, thinking they'd be fine lol

'Mel Morris, he does what he wants' lollollollol 

Does anyone really know who Mel Morris is? I can't say that question has agitated me much before tonight but I've just looked at his Wiki entry and it is remarkably reticent. It claims he was born in Littleover in Derbyshire but there is no date of birth and next to no real information about him. If you google his name and click on images all you see are the same half a dozen pictures of a bloke who looks in his late 50s early 60s. 

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Quick look at their forum shows that the CK cult is still well in force, and still a few who think this is the EFL's fault. Incredible stuff.

Loads of them were still behind Morris when he put them in administration 

“All part of Mels Masterplan…” etc

• Haha 1

He really doesn't sound genuine/intent (Kirchner), does he?

I'd be fuming right now, if a Derby fan; all of that time negotiating with him, for him not to follow through successfully on it.