Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Derby in Financial meltdown

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Even though I'm not sticking up for the EFL, I'm hearing Derby criticising the EFL, but to be fair they are bending the rules for them at the moment. Maybe liquidation isn't the answer perhaps what should happen Derby should be threw out the football league, forced to play in the national league and give a reprieve to Oldham. Then the same who finished fourth bottom in this league who I think was Gillingham?

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Even though I'm not sticking up for the EFL, I'm hearing Derby criticising the EFL, but to be fair they are bending the rules for them at the moment. Maybe liquidation isn't the answer perhaps what should happen Derby should be threw out the football league, forced to play in the national league and give a reprieve to Oldham. Then the same who finished fourth bottom in this league who I think was Gillingham?

Disagree. Ever since Bury, EFL have been active in trying to keep football clubs going. Bolton went into a season playing kids and then pulled out of a game v Doncaster. Their takeover took place five days before the transfer window closed. Oldham probably need relegation to sort themselves out and try to get rid of their horrendous owner. 

Good to see the owner they've got. His fortune means it won't be immediate but Derby will be back to being a healthy football club. Decent businessman. 

• Like 1

Surprised a property magnate didn't step in sooner. It's a great bit of land that has had previous planning for about 6 retail/office/accom units to be added around its boundaries.

....oh and i'm sure they'll look after the club too.... :ph34r:

Joking aside, it's good that a fan has taken over regardless of their wider interests 

Edited by AjcW

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink possible candidate only up the road at Burton, but despite it being club would he want risk leave an stable at job at Burton for the mess at Derby?

Ditto Nigel Clough at Mansfield

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think thats a blessing in disguise personally 

Rooney getting out before serious expectation is placed on him. They'll be expecting a strong promotion push next season when they are taken over and can put a squad together.

22 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

Am I right in thinking that sky sports stated if Rooney kept Derby up last season it would be a bigger story than Leicester winning the league? 🤣

Yesterday's story was Newcastle could do a Leicester, seems the media either lack any original thought or they're intent on putting down our achievement.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

My respect for him has increased tenfold though after his Derby stint 

15 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Can hold his head high ..

Nah ..  the big lunk has just realised he still has to be there during the negotiations and the new season is about to start and he’s not had a chance to go and park his big fat ass on a beach somewhere ..  

• Haha 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Nah ..  the big lunk has just realised he still has to be there during the negotiations and the new season is about to start and he’s not had a chance to go and park his big fat ass on a beach somewhere ..  

lots of derby fans think he’d thrown his hat in the CK ring and had asked for his agent to be on the board of directors too

Probably sounds more realistic 😂

22 hours ago, AjcW said:

Surprised a property magnate didn't step in sooner. It's a great bit of land that has had previous planning for about 6 retail/office/accom units to be added around its boundaries.

....oh and i'm sure they'll look after the club too.... :ph34r:

Joking aside, it's good that a fan has taken over regardless of their wider interests 

The cynic in me says it echos the previous Bury owner a little too closely. Suppose we'll find out how much of a fan he really is