Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Derby in Financial meltdown

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

He really doesn't sound genuine/intent (Kirchner), does he?

I'd be fuming right now, if a Derby fan; all of that time negotiating with him, for him not to follow through successfully on it.

Playing golf on the deadline day for the takeover doesn't like someone who keen to buy football club. Could this finish Derby? all that Kirchner has wasted what precious time Derby have left. 

13 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Quick look at their forum shows that the CK cult is still well in force, and still a few who think this is the EFL's fault. Incredible stuff.

Well, the Athletic reported today that Kirchner's software company is $800,000 behind on sponsorship payments to the Dallas Stars hockey club; and is now late with paychecks to some employees.

He's blaming bank holidays :rolleyes: but at this point anybody with a brain can see where this is going.

If Derby fans want to still believe in this chancer, then what I've read on here about Derby fans and brains is proven correct.

The EFL and administration have a lot to answer getting the American Tyre Kicker this far down the line. He was found out when he tried to takeover Preston but they still insisted on him for Derby. 

Mel Morris with purchase of Pride Park is the irony (for better or worse). He did that to get around FFP and now it’s the thing which the deal hangs on. As harsh as it sounds I would imagine Pride Park and the training’s value are significantly more than the club without those assets. 

46 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Haven't they suffered enough?

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Tbf Ashley would probably invest enough to get them up, and I think most derby fans would take that 

They’re also less likely to have delusions of grandeur like Newcastle fans. I think he could at the very least stabilise them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t know the process or legalities of buying a club out of admin but how do these people get so far down the line before being found out. Can the efl/administrators demand more information and a large no returnable deposit to proceed. If they turn out to be time wasters the deposit falls to the club to help with running while a buyer is found. 

Incredible. Red flags everywhere but many Derby fans still had their tongues firmly up CK's behind and even vilified and castigated their own local reporter for saying it might not happen.

Football fans just do not learn their lesson. Hitch to a wagon that's not even been proven to be successful, or even have the money. Show the slightest bit of skirt and they'll run over anyone and defend you to the hilt.

The EFL do not want to chuck them out so I suspect they'll be given far more time than they deserve. Perhaps their fans might not be so swooned by an obvious chancer this time.

Humble pie and red faces all round in the dcfc fanbase tonight, and that's the least they deserve.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Incredible. Red flags everywhere but many Derby fans still had their tongues firmly up CK's behind and even vilified and castigated their own local reporter for saying it might not happen.

Football fans just do not learn their lesson. Hitch to a wagon that's not even been proven to be successful, or even have the money. Show the slightest bit of skirt and they'll run over anyone and defend you to the hilt.

The EFL do not want to chuck them out so I suspect they'll be given far more time than they deserve. Perhaps their fans might not be so swooned by an obvious chancer this time.

Humble pie and red faces all round in the dcfc fanbase tonight, and that's the least they deserve.

Only the 2nd time they’ve done it as well. Cheering on Mel Morris as he took the stadium away from the club for FFP purposes