Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Derby in Financial meltdown

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Incredible. Red flags everywhere but many Derby fans still had their tongues firmly up CK's behind and even vilified and castigated their own local reporter for saying it might not happen.

Football fans just do not learn their lesson. Hitch to a wagon that's not even been proven to be successful, or even have the money. Show the slightest bit of skirt and they'll run over anyone and defend you to the hilt.

The EFL do not want to chuck them out so I suspect they'll be given far more time than they deserve. Perhaps their fans might not be so swooned by an obvious chancer this time.

Humble pie and red faces all round in the dcfc fanbase tonight, and that's the least they deserve.

Absolutely spot on 👍

Mel Morris has blown a fortune on trying to get Derby into the Premier league, having some disastrous stuff along the way. 

Buying Pride Park to balance the books.

The spy gate issue with Leeds / Bielsa.

The car crash where players fled the area.

Losing the playoff final, after Lampard had doubled millions trying to buy them out of the Championship.

Wayne Rooney - he wouldn’t have been cheap.

The collapse under Coco and missing the playoffs. 

Not paying players and staff. 

The entire administration disaster.

Injuring their own players in training. 

I feel for the fans, as football in the East Midlands needs them. wr can all but hope a deal can be struck with someone, However a deal for a club that is bleeding money, doesn’t actually own it’s own stadium, has little tangible assets, 5 players under contract and relegated to League 1, isn’t valued at £50m. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sly said:

Mel Morris has blown a fortune on trying to get Derby into the Premier league, having some disastrous stuff along the way. 

Losing the playoff final, after Lampard had doubled millions trying to buy them out of the Championship.

I feel for the fans, as football in the East Midlands needs them. wr can all but hope a deal can be struck with someone, However a deal for a club that is bleeding money, doesn’t actually own it’s own stadium, has little tangible assets, 5 players under contract and relegated to League 1, isn’t valued at £50m. 

Not forgetting the departure of Gary Rowett as well the huge sums they spent on Steve McClaren also sacking him and rehiring him again. Rooney at the moment is club the together, if he left then the club I think would go with it. He had to go in his own pocket to pay players this month, so all the players would leave. So derby would have nothing.

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 14/06/2022 at 05:49, Sly said:

I was with you until you said football in the east Midlands needs them.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Some reporting that a lead group of former players are trying to lead consortium to buy the club, but this could just be talk as no name as mentioned of who these former players. Apart from Chris Powell though that is not confirmed. 

It'd be Mike Ashley or someone of that ilk or no one at all. Unless whoever it is gets a few players on board as the face of it. No way could a few former players save this mess.

38 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Tbh, i had no idea they were in such a pickle still.

Not saying this to take the piss out of them, but with them.just having 5 pros on the books, is there an argument for us to 'help (aka exploit) the situation and send 6 of the u23s on loan  for league 1 football next season? 

I believe you can only have 5 loan players in a match day squad.

On 18/06/2022 at 09:25, Clever Fox said:

Ashley has the deep pockets to save them and turn things around.

The biggest Asset they have is Rooney. He never struck me as being very bright. But he's clearly a great manager in the making.

Ashley does indeed have deep pockets but he's also got short arms... 

• Haha 1

It really is looking dreadfully bad for them. Every time you think it can’t get any worse, it does.

I don’t want them to get liquidated, but the silver lining is that it would mortify the Forest fans. They’d have to pretend their true rivals are Liverpool or somebody like that.

Even though I'm not sticking up for the EFL, I'm hearing Derby criticising the EFL, but to be fair they are bending the rules for them at the moment. Maybe liquidation isn't the answer perhaps what should happen Derby should be threw out the football league, forced to play in the national league and give a reprieve to Oldham. Then the same who finished fourth bottom in this league who I think was Gillingham?