Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Derby in Financial meltdown

Not sure if the main board is the place for this 

but given the sheep shaggers are an odious bunch I thought we could all enjoy the new year knowing they are stuffed 

once again proof we need to expand our stadium because we are becoming the only team worth following in the East Midlands ! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7843555/Rooneys-big-night-overshadowed-wages-row-Derby-club-failing-pay-players-time.html

• Haha 3

..."Rooney has played pool with vulnerable men with mental health issues for the community trust and asked to join the Derby players on a hospital visit."...

Im thinking this line actually suggests hes just been hanging around with Richard Keogh and Tom Lawrence?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

..."Rooney has played pool with vulnerable men with mental health issues for the community trust and asked to join the Derby players on a hospital visit."...

Im thinking this line actually suggests hes just been hanging around with Richard Keogh and Tom Lawrence?

🤣🤣🤣

richard Keogh comes from a family of Irish  travellers , rumours his mother put a curse on derby 

might be true 👀👀👀

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Why is this good news?

You forget how close we came ourselves and how fortunate we have been with our owners. What if SISU had decided to acquire a club in the East Midlands as opposed to Coventry City?

No fan of Mel Morris and I accept that LCFC is a business and we wish to expand the enterprise, brand and reach throughout the East Midlands, nationally and globally but why would you wish to see a historic club such as Derby County and a traditional local rival in financial difficulty? and why would you wish it on their players, supporters and community? 

Yes.  I'm afraid so.  I'd love to see them go extinct, implode, disappear, become an ex-parrot.

And Cov too.

• Sad 1

The losses that Championship clubs have been recording over the last few years have been shocking. I think it was £500m between them in 2017/18. Clubs are massively overspending in the hope of getting a golden ticket to the Premier League. Things need to change. I expect to see quite a few clubs struggling to survive over the next few years. What happened with Bolton and Bury was the start of similar things to come. 

Hate to see a old traditional club go to ruin, however I've got to say it seems like this is been brewing for a while. They have certainly spent big over the years when it's came to wages. Hope they can sort themselves out. I wonder if Rooney is willing to take a pay cut to help his fellow team mates out?

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

I'd be prepared to share more than a chuckle at beating a rival club but I never want to see a club go out of business - especially not a local one. After all we have been through as Leicester supporters I don't really understand that level of hatred and ignorance. There are clubs and sections of their support I really don't like but overall wouldn't wish it on decent fans, supporters and investors. We are so lucky right now - I'll never forget the times when we were less fortunate.

• Like 2

A moment's mirth at their expense is fine if it's to do with a performance, result or the off-field antics of players, for which Derby have been the gift that keeps on giving for quite a while now, just like Forest.

I have to agree with the general sentiment on here thought that I'd rather there be a Derby County to laugh at rather than the risk of them not existing at all.

Christ knows we've been in that exact position. Even when Mandaric and then the Thais came in, I certainly feared that we'd go the same way as Coventry. 

We need to remember how truly blessed we have been with Vichai and Top, King Power and everyone involved. It's like we've won the ****ing jackpot every season since they came in.

I do hope Derby can stabilise themselves.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I suppose this might explain why they haven't sacked Cocu, simply can't afford to. They've really been awful this season and to be in a play off final last year to sitting 15th this season is a big dip.

Surely Rooney is only going to add to there problems, really strange move that one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Not sure if the main board is the place for this 

but given the sheep shaggers are an odious bunch I thought we could all enjoy the new year knowing they are stuffed 

once again proof we need to expand our stadium because we are becoming the only team worth following in the East Midlands ! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7843555/Rooneys-big-night-overshadowed-wages-row-Derby-club-failing-pay-players-time.html

Just enjoy  your great season youth,dont worry about us.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Nobody is saying that they want them to go bust. It would just be funny if they had to cut their cloth as a result of a lack of responsibility and years of playing fast and loose with FFP and went down because of it.

But again, the fans aren't the people responsible for that. Their board clearly followed a model that they thought would propel them into the Premier League - which, might I add, isn't so dissimilar to what we tried to do when our new owners arrived (Sven, Michael Johnson, Yakubu etc). The only difference is our board had the diligence to halt it before it spiralled out of control, alongside the fact that our owners had enough wealth to wipe our debts etc in order to comply with FFP. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

But again, the fans aren't the people responsible for that. Their board clearly followed a model that they thought would propel them into the Premier League - which, might I add, isn't so dissimilar to what we tried to do when our new owners arrived (Sven, Michael Johnson, Yakubu etc). The only difference is our board had the diligence to halt it before it spiralled out of control, alongside the fact that our owners had enough wealth to wipe our debts etc in order to comply with FFP. 

The fans are seldom the people responsible for a team being shit and getting relegated. Doesn't make it any less funny how the relegation came about.

Going bust and getting relegated are 2 different things.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1