Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

22 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Feck, I feel old. 

Was there that day but not sure the away bit was behind the goal then. 

Seem to remember watching from the side stand but I might have been in the home end. 

Anyone remember or know? 

The away end was behind the goal remember it well, was a good day out and typical old style ground soon to be gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

Feck, I feel old. 

Was there that day but not sure the away bit was behind the goal then. 

Seem to remember watching from the side stand but I might have been in the home end. 

Anyone remember or know? 

I was sitting in the side stand too, can’t remember for sure but think we had the away end too. My abiding memory of the afternoon was seeing planes fly across the ground seemingly every minute as they went in and out of Heathrow.

• Like 1

Weird coincidence is, I actually went by the Brentford ground last week. Be interesting away day to say the least, a traditional old fashioned small ground. Plenty of pubs around, there's a four pubs dotted on each corner around the ground. Short walk from the railway station only like 10 minutes. 

This is going to be a very sexy game. They've probably been up there as the most attractive team to watch in the Champs for a few seasons, but have now added a bit more of a cutting edge. 

Saw them beat Bristol City 4 0 last weekend.  I know City were down to 10 after only 10 mins but the way they used that extra space was really impressive. 

That Benrahma chap is a bag of tricks. Pulled off some mad skills when got into show boating near the end. 

Should be fun! 

12 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Why does he have to live with John Barnes?

Think you will find he lives not "with" him, something more intimate by the sounds of it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Not many fixtures between us and them. We have been in the same league only 3 times in the last 65 years.

1992/93

1983/84

1953/54

These are a team I have never seen, either home or away and your post makes sense as to why! 

I am excited for this game. New ground for me, thankfully we're there before they knock it down, and it should be a good game because they're a decent side who play some good stuff. It's not the easiest tie we could have hoped for.

Edited by Fox92