Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 4th Round - Brentford Away

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Tricky one.  We will need the first team for this.  

I would prefer a bottom quarter PL team that is used to losing a lot rather than a top quarter Championship team that is used to winning most weeks.

I don't imagine they have a big squad and hopefully they will want to focus on promotion and play a few reserves.

We made 9 changes for the game with Stoke with 7 teenagers playing and an average age of 20.1 years.  Suspect this will be a different side with a mix of first team and "B" team players.

• Like 1

I live five minutes from Griffin Park (and will ignore the comments about a dire part of town...:)). Last Saturday I took a break from my seat in SK4, and went there to see them beat Stoke. Like us they played an almost entire B-team, with just one defender being a first choice player. If they play the same team against us we'll have no bother at all - reasonable enough Championship players but horribly disjointed. The general view seems to be that the first team is very good and plays some tidy football, and hasn't ended up in play-off positions by accident, but I can't see us losing.

The ground itself isn't that great - the atmosphere is hindered by the vocal home support being behind one goal and the away support at the opposite end. The positive is that the away stand is great - a two tier with terracing on the bottom and seated above. The away support often sing "S**t ground, no beer" so I assume it's a bit dry in the away end. But as most people seem to know it's the only ground in the country with a pub on each corner and it'll be our last chance to go there before they complete the new stadium which looks to be be almost ready ahead of schedule.

• Like 2

Been down GP 4 times this season so reasonably well versed in these. As good a cup draw as you can get imo and should be a decent game. Brentford have been comfortably one of the top 2/3 footballing sides in the Championship for a couple of years now, just a bit wiser this season particularly defensively. Although tbf the league is dire this year as evidenced by the fact Forest are terrible but are right up there. 

Will need a reasonably strong side for this, hopefully we can get a good result Wednesday so we can rotate some in this and rotate the rest in the second leg v Villa. Hopefully have a couple of additions by the time we play these too. 

1 hour ago, The Syrup said:

Last time we played them was 27 years ago apparently. we won 3-1

Feck, I feel old. 

Was there that day but not sure the away bit was behind the goal then. 

Seem to remember watching from the side stand but I might have been in the home end. 

Anyone remember or know? 

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

I said it’s a great away day 🤪🤪

I know where your coming from.Anyone who’s not been there for a while,will be shocked as to how Brentford has shot up.Its still pretty earthy round the ground though.In a great London away day sense.Lots of proper boozers to choose from.