Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Southampton Home 11/01/2020 - match thread

Just now, Vacamion said:

Hoping that Mr Choudhury does the business in Wilf's absence.

Can he be a starter in a top Prem side?  He'll have to be, if we are to remain one in our upcoming weeks' results.. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, kingfox said:

Perez back on the wing is the only selection I'm unsure about.

Much prefer him in a front two.

It will not be his fault if it doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Feel for Nacho. I think he's been quite hard done by currently.

I dunno I think he's getting it about as well as you can expect atm. 

He was always going to be Vardy's back up, at least he's getting well utilised now. 

Unless he's good out wide, which we've seen no evidence of, he doesn't fit in our best formation which is this 433.

I agree it's a shame we can't fit him in. The diamond with him up front with Vardy and Perez behind then Madders in midfield wouldn't be utterly dreadful but we've only really had one particularly good game in that shape. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, lcfcdotell said:

Going to have to remember Perez is on the wing if he has a poor game. Shame he has to play out there really 

1 minute ago, lcfcdotell said:

Going to have to remember Perez is on the wing if he has a poor game. Shame he has to play out there really 

Just as bad as playing Maddison wide.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Got a feeling Southampton will be up for this trying to right some wrongs. 

Indeed. And they've won three and drawn one of their last four so in decent form. We'll need to be bang on it today.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Hope Perez kicks into life like he did against them last time. I feel he has been playing pretty well lately (West Ham, Newcastle) and even against Villa he was one of our better players until he was subbed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

So we change the whole set up just to play Pérez central? I don’t think so, and same applies to Iheanacho. Neither are good enough to warrant that, plus Vardy is best as the lone striker. We have got where we are since the back end of last season with 4141 mostly, just need a better wide player.

• Like 2

Due to some heavy rotation and changes to systems etc it's made it a bit difficult to pick the most effective team on merit in our best system which is 4-1-4-1. Iheanacho has been bloody brilliant and I want him in there but not if we we have to play a weaker system, likewise I'd like Perez in the 10 role but at the expense of who and in what formation?

This is the system that got us playing some of the best football in the country from September to the start of December and now the hectic schedule is easing off slightly we need to stabilise things. When you chop and change formations then indecision on what to do when things aren't going to plan can happen. We have back up plans now as a last resort but this is our most potent. 

Praet has a huge opportunity to make Rodgers find it hard to leave him out, Tielemans has been crap now since late November and I don't think Brendan is afraid to drop him for more than the odd token game, if Dennis delivers then he'll now play for a while.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, Mark said:

So we change the whole set up just to play Pérez central? I don’t think so, and same applies to Iheanacho. Neither are good enough to warrant that, plus Vardy is best as the lone striker. We have got where we are since the back end of last season with 4141 mostly, just need a better wide player.

Ffs we paid £30 million for him , so use him properly.