Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

Yes but you've got to contact them by phone and phone calls are not for me as my hearing is buggered but even if I could I wouldn't bother wasting my time even though I some queuing up for hours.

you can cancel online from tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

you can cancel online from tomorrow.

Thanks I'll take a look but I'm not optimistic.

Just now, MikeyT said:

We’ve just taken a call from the amazing Kasper Schmeichel who is donating a hugely generous £20,000 to Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland to support our local response to the Coronavirus.
Kasper’s donation will bring care packages, phone calls and home visits to older people during this challenging time. What a kind, caring and community minded soul!

Thank you Kasper from the older people of Leicestershire & Rutland.

Please join with Kasper to keep older people safe and well by donating to our #LeicsCovidCare campaign on this link https://bit.ly/3dd0bmn

Ah what a boy. Big up Kasp! 

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

Managed to freeze my Gym membership for three months today. Thought that was a really good thing for Nuffield to do in the circumstances. 

Fair play to Nuffield. 

I’m with Pure Gym and they’ve just given members free access to all Pure Gyms across the UK which makes no odds at all to me.

I actually went this morning (*awaits slagging off from certain posters :whistle:) and it was pretty quiet. Must say I was impressed with all the staff constantly cleaning and the place set up so kit is 2m apart.

The place was spotless and much cleaner than my house.

1 minute ago, Ollie93 said:

Has anyone been past Fosse Park today? Heard rumours that the military are camped there? 

That’ll just be people from Oadby in their rangey’s waiting to storm the food hall in M&S mate 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Bought a house using help to buy so we have been saving it over the last 4 years. The level of pissed off I’ll be if we have to use that just to pay bills isn’t even worth thinking about lol.

They say it''s good financial management to have 6-12 months money saved in case of a rainy day. Or in this case, a fvckin monsoon.

Hope you don't have to dip into it mate :fc:

26 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

We’ve just taken a call from the amazing Kasper Schmeichel who is donating a hugely generous £20,000 to Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland to support our local response to the Coronavirus.
Kasper’s donation will bring care packages, phone calls and home visits to older people during this challenging time. What a kind, caring and community minded soul!

Thank you Kasper from the older people of Leicestershire & Rutland.

Please join with Kasper to keep older people safe and well by donating to our #LeicsCovidCare campaign on this link https://bit.ly/3dd0bmn

Say what you want about his catching ability, but as a person he's been a brilliant personality for this club for almost a decade now.

22 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wow I wonder how many people have that % of their salary saved.....not many I reckon. 

Bummer, not me.

We have spent time hitting the mortgage hard. Good intentions don`t buy you much in Sainsbury's :(

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve got a scenario and want peoples takes on it.

Other half works in aviation and is the main income for the house with my pay covering about 2/3’s of the bills. We have enough money in savings to last for about a year without that income.

I pay £430 a month for my car. A great VW Golf GTI, leather seats etc. Would you make a rash decision to sell that now or leave it a month or so?

You got that on PCP? If so, some have small print that after a certain while you can just and them back without paying anything else and there's nothing they can do about it. I think you have to be at least half way through your deal though, I did it on mine a while ago.

Coronavirus: Supermarkets 'drastically' cutting product ranges
Simon Jack
Business editor
@BBCSimonJackon Twitter
11 minutes ago

Supermarkets and their supply chains are beginning to buckle under the strain of customer behaviour in the face of coronavirus.

Several chains are "drastically cutting" the product ranges in store.

They also said they were telling their manufacturers to ignore making some products to focus on those for which there is greatest demand.

"We currently sell 60 types of sausages - we are moving to a fraction of that," said one.

Another said: "We need to make food manufacture as efficient as possible - it makes no sense to pause to change packet sizes or change from one type of pasta to another.

"We have 20 different sizes and styles of pasta, we are moving that to six."

Morrisons have reduced their bakery lines from 17 to seven.

While executives insisted there was no shortage of food, they were struggling to restock shelves fast enough. Meanwhile online delivery services are running at "maximum capacity".

However, there were warnings that the next potential weak link in the chain is at food manufacturers themselves. If production gets hit by staff absences that will mark the beginning of a new and potentially serious supply chain problem.

"We are not there yet but that is the next big worry."

Supermarkets also said they were having to use additional security staff in store to ensure customer behaviour did not get out of hand.

"Most people are sensible but some aren't."

They said that there had been no discussions as yet with the government about a police presence in store but it was a "subject that was being discussed internally".

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Coronavirus: Supermarkets 'drastically' cutting product ranges
Simon Jack
Business editor
@BBCSimonJackon Twitter
11 minutes ago

Supermarkets and their supply chains are beginning to buckle under the strain of customer behaviour in the face of coronavirus.

Several chains are "drastically cutting" the product ranges in store.

They also said they were telling their manufacturers to ignore making some products to focus on those for which there is greatest demand.

"We currently sell 60 types of sausages - we are moving to a fraction of that," said one.

Another said: "We need to make food manufacture as efficient as possible - it makes no sense to pause to change packet sizes or change from one type of pasta to another.

"We have 20 different sizes and styles of pasta, we are moving that to six."

Morrisons have reduced their bakery lines from 17 to seven.

While executives insisted there was no shortage of food, they were struggling to restock shelves fast enough. Meanwhile online delivery services are running at "maximum capacity".

However, there were warnings that the next potential weak link in the chain is at food manufacturers themselves. If production gets hit by staff absences that will mark the beginning of a new and potentially serious supply chain problem.

"We are not there yet but that is the next big worry."

Supermarkets also said they were having to use additional security staff in store to ensure customer behaviour did not get out of hand.

"Most people are sensible but some aren't."

They said that there had been no discussions as yet with the government about a police presence in store but it was a "subject that was being discussed internally".

The lengths some journalists will go for a story.

Elderly people dying.

The economy crashing.

Businesses folding.

People's liberties being removed.

Army about to be deployed.

Simon Jack:. But, but, but Morrisons aren't going to stock 60 different types of sausages!

Shoot me now.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You got that on PCP? If so, some have small print that after a certain while you can just and them back without paying anything else and there's nothing they can do about it. I think you have to be at least half way through your deal though, I did it on mine a while ago.

Yeah it is mate and I’ve got less than a year left on it.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll look into it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The lengths some journalists will go for a story.

Elderly people dying.

The economy crashing.

Businesses folding.

People's liberties being removed.

Army about to be deployed.

Simon Jack:. But, but, but Morrisons aren't going to stock 60 different types of sausages!

Shoot me now.

They are definitely going overboard and include the BBC but I' sure they'll be few that will cause a fuss because they can't get their favourite sausage hence staff being abused.