Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

I can't speak for b&m but I work in home bargains and we've basically had double delivers the last 3 days which has meant alot more stick on the shelves. It has been going but at a pretty steady rate 

My advice for b&m if there's not much there is find out when they have a delivery in and what time it will be on the shop floor

That's what I asked last time I was in Tesco and they said stuff will be on the shelves ready for opening at 6am but then people were queuing from 5am which is nuts.

Hopefully B&M isn't that bonkers.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I honestly couldn't give a shit about the football at the moment, it pales into insignificance.

Amen.

Tbh, I'm more concerned about finding bog roll and paying my bills. Football hasn't crossed my mind for the last 10 days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That's what I asked last time I was in Tesco and they said stuff will be on the shelves ready for opening at 6am but then people were queuing from 5am which is nuts.

Hopefully B&M isn't that bonkers.

Yeah we open at 8. This morning we had a queue of no more than a dozen start forming around 7.45am.

TBD that's more for medicine and big roll as none of the food is out that early.

24 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s a immunosuppressant. It’s also used to treat  lupus, Malaria and some types of Arthritis.

Some really good outcomes already from South Korea, Japan and China especially, it's on their recommended treatments even before clinical trials.

Is really cheap to produce and buy too, which probably means the clinical trials will probably show no effect in America as they can't make a profit out of it lol.

Edited by Lionator

35 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I only need to do a small shop this weekend. Bread, eggs, bananas, apples etc. I'll take whatever I can get for my work lunches. I'm genuinely concerned I'm not going to be able to buy anything after work on Friday or Saturday morning. I get you can stock up on toilet roll, pasta etc, it's stupid but I get you can do it, but why are people buying so much bread and milk and fruit and veg. This stuff won't keep, if they didn't need it pre-coronavirus, they don't need it now. Its ****ing stupid.

I usually do an online click and collect, put that in on Sunday, but never got a confirmation email, and the order has now disappeared. You can't get a slot for the next two and half weeks. Why are people booking that far in advance? I genuinely can't understand the mentality. It's crazy.

Just to ensure they've got some guarantee of food I'd imagine, if it gets really bad (not that it will).

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We're a family of four and my son eats like a horse so we're constantly food shopping. I've given up physically going to the supermarkets now because the shelves are always empty (and I don't fancy queuing up at 5am with the local pond life)

We used to do Tesco on-line so tried it again but no 'click and collect' for the next three weeks and the earliest delivery slot is next Saturday 28th! (cheeky cvnts charging £8)

Interesting that the 'range' per product is now minimal and the prices are ridiculous. No 'special offers' and I sense they're taking advantage of people's desperation. Most things are a maximum of 3 per order and there's only one type of multi pack bog roll available - at double the usual price. And if that's out of stock by delivery date and no substitution then we're fvcked.

So people are soon gonna lose their jobs and then have to pay double for their weekly food shop.

Nice one.

If major supermarkets, or in fact any retail outlet has hiked their prices they need to found and fined/sanctioned. That's disgraceful

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just to ensure they've got some guarantee of food I'd imagine, if it gets really bad (not that it will).

Home deliveries pick what’s on the shelves on the day. You could book a year in advance and you’d only get what’s there on the day. Totally bizarre behaviour.

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Home deliveries pick what’s on the shelves on the day. You could book a year in advance and you’d only get what’s there on the day. Totally bizarre behaviour.

Really? Didn't know that, never used it myself. I suppose it guarantees them SOME form of food and liquid, meaning that they don't have to leave the house. I originally thought a 'lockdown' would mean being unable to leave your house, maybe these people think it still does.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s a immunosuppressant. It’s also used to treat  lupus, Malaria and some types of Arthritis.

What pricked my ears up was my mate does that sort of stuff and he said a couple of days ago , what they need is... I heard it and thought that’s a coincidence.

Coronavirus: Supermarkets 'drastically' cutting product ranges

Supermarkets and their supply chains are beginning to buckle under the strain of customer behaviour in the face of coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51961624

Apparently discussions about potentially having a police presence in supermarkets soon :nigel:

Was in the Haymarket bus station yesterday and it looked like they had a delivery of bog rolls. The station cleaners had a trolley loaded  to the brim with the large size rolls. They could have retired early just setting up a bog roll stall rather than sticking them in the cleaners cupboard.

As an alternative to bog roll, anyone considered tracing paper,  you could relive your school days from the 80s. Surprised Rymans or WH Smith's aren't promoting it in these desparate times.

• Haha 1

Not been able to work from home yet. Shopping's a joke. They really need to look into this. I don't see it stopping. There were people just walking around with nothing in their trolley. They've even sold out of beer!! Cashier at Tesco said: we've made our OAP hour 9am-10am, but all the essentials have already gone by then. It isn't going to work.

I bet regarding the key workers they're now just starting to realise how many people that might cover. I work for local government - but ours is a unique team and we're now classed as a critical service. Whilst we've been given software to work from home, it's never been done before, there's no process or procedures. So there has to be people in at all times and they're trying to set up a rota but a load of middle managers are off. You've basically got people who aren't managers trying to figure out how everyone's going to start being paid if we all have to work remotely.

Edited by Guesty

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really? Didn't know that, never used it myself. I suppose it guarantees them SOME form of food and liquid, meaning that they don't have to leave the house. I originally thought a 'lockdown' would mean being unable to leave your house, maybe these people think it still does.

My dad used it out of convenience before the country lost it’s mind, if you didn’t get an item you’d get a partial refund, or they’d replace it with a similar product. He used to get the most common items replaced, presumably because they couldn’t be arsed to find it so god knows what it’s like in this situation.

Heard today a fella ordered a £100 shop and actually received £30 worth of it.

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Coronavirus: Supermarkets 'drastically' cutting product ranges

Supermarkets and their supply chains are beginning to buckle under the strain of customer behaviour in the face of coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51961624

Apparently discussions about potentially having a police presence in supermarkets soon :nigel:

Makes sense really.. why have 17 different types of sausages... you could get away with maybe 4 (beef, pork, vegan, vegetarian) at a push. Same with pasta etc... times are gonna be hard, get used to it, at least we can all be fed and it might, just might stop  the tw@ts buying it all up if it's limited to 2 of anything.

3 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

Makes sense really.. why have 17 different types of sausages... you could get away with maybe 4 (beef, pork, vegan, vegetarian) at a push. Same with pasta etc... times are gonna be hard, get used to it, at least we can all be fed and it might, just might stop  the tw@ts buying it all up if it's limited to 2 of anything.

I agree on reduced ranges and limited purchases until all this calms down, but if we need Police in Supermarkets because people can’t be civil then that’s a sad reflection of our society.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thanks mate, I guess you're right. The big supermarkets can kiss my swingers so I need to cast my shopping net further afield :thumbup:

Think it's time to fvck the big supermarkets off and shop the old way , local butchers and small local shops. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MattP said:

The government has got to get a grip of communications here.

Ridiculous to have rumours of a lockdown on the capital just swirling around for 24 hours.

This will Probably happen,meetings going on today about how it’s going to work.

Schools closing was the first step of which my un named  source ( daughter) told me about last week from her 2 people 

Mainly London and major Cities. Rural places not so much.

some nurses already given permits.

Wont be really strict,you can shop at certain times and visit friends,but if a more than a few times a day,you will be taken home.

Two separate contacts  in different services told her this within 5 minutes of each other which makes me think this is legit.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We are all concentrating on the big countries but a lot of the countries late to this in places like South America and Asia.

Places like Chile, Peru and Pakistan starting to have big jumps from an almost standing start.

Aye, and can you imagine trying to enforce things in any of 'stans? nightmare..  Africa will be 'interesting' too... large numbers of HIV carriers, lack of hygiene in many counties - not easy for them to just "wash your hands after touching surfaces" etc..  India getting ready for day's practice curfew..  anyway you look at it, it don't look good.  :/

8 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Think it's time to fvck the big supermarkets off and shop the old way , local butchers and small local shops. 

..they get a lot of their products from the same suppliers as the big boys, but are further back in the queue. Farm shops are an exception, up to a point. 

1 minute ago, blabyboy said:

..they get a lot of their products from the same suppliers as the big boys, but are further back in the queue. Farm shops are an exception, up to a point. 

Was reading earlier if the manufactures start to lose workers through isolation then it will be a big kink in the food chain supply.

Let's hope they have backup plans in place