Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

9 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The lengths some journalists will go for a story.

Elderly people dying.

The economy crashing.

Businesses folding.

People's liberties being removed.

Army about to be deployed.

Simon Jack:. But, but, but Morrisons aren't going to stock 60 different types of sausages!

Shoot me now.

I think it’s an important message that some fvcking idiots have literally panic-bought us into shortages.

However I imagine rather than realising how damaging their behaviour is and resuming normal shopping habits it’ll just worsen these cvnt’s behaviour.

Hopefully the army are deployed and give them lead lobotomies.

Edited by Finnaldo

5 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I think it’s an important message that some fvcking idiots have literally panic-bought us into shortages.

However I imagine rather than realising how damaging their behaviour is and resuming normal shopping habits it’ll just worsen these cvnt’s behaviour.

Hopefully the army are deployed and give them lead lobotomies.

I went into the supermarket (Loughborough Shelthorpe Tesco) yesterday around 2pm to pick up a couple of things. The lack of stock on nearly every aisle was astonishing. Seems the only thing there was plenty of in there was over 70s. Unsure whether that was because they hadn't got anything at home (which is sad) or they are ignoring the govt advice (which is annoying). Anyway, it's a shit show. Haven't seen the same problems in European countries.

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah it is mate and I’ve got less than a year left on it.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll look into it.

If you've paid more than 50% of the full agreement, ring the lender up and ask to VT (voluntary terminate)  the agreement. Don't listen to anything they say about penalties or credit scores as they are not allowed to discriminate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bmt said:

I went into the supermarket (Loughborough Shelthorpe Tesco) yesterday around 2pm to pick up a couple of things. The lack of stock on nearly every aisle was astonishing. Seems the only thing there was plenty of in there was over 70s. Unsure whether that was because they hadn't got anything at home (which is sad) or they are ignoring the govt advice (which is annoying). Anyway, it's a shit show. Haven't seen the same problems in European countries.

This behaviour is going to drag vulnerable and elderly folks to the shops and put them at increased risk. They can’t get deliveries and they’re waddling around shops for longer and probably having to visible multiple just to get the basics. Putting them in wider contact and therefore more risk.

Selfish tw@ts are going to be essentially killing older folks because they’re too stupid to think rationally. It’s flu not the plague, food is readily available if they stop acting like freaks. 

It should be a public duty that if you know friends or family acting like mutants and selfishly stockpiling to pull them up on their behaviour and give them a smack if necessary. We’re causing ourselves more issues than we already have. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sean from Enderby just called, he let me know Boris has told him to put @Finnaldo in charge of the armed forces, he is liking your rhetoric on panic buyers :thumbup:

Anyone in Tescos car park is an open target for the machine gun nests, virus can’t spread if there’s no one to transmit it. 

Mass grave digging give any out of work folks something to put their minds to and NHS will be uncumbered. We’ll be back to the pubs by Christmas. 

I’m also joining the Lib Dem leadership race with my running mate Ed Davey next week if anyone’s in on my manifesto. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Anyone in Tescos car park is an open target for the machine gun nests, virus can’t spread if there’s no one to transmit it. 

Mass grave digging give any out of work folks something to put their minds to and NHS will be uncumbered. We’ll be back to the pubs by Christmas

I’m also joining the Lib Dem leadership race with my running mate Ed Davey next week if anyone’s in on my manifesto. 

lol

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I just asked my weed guy if he's going to start stocking bog roll as a joke and he's already been sorting it for people...  It's officially hit the black market.  Words fail me. 

At least the cardboard tube also makes a handy roach. 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wow I wonder how many people have that % of their salary saved.....not many I reckon. 

In reality not many I'd imagine.

If you read any book on money or investing they always start by saying you should have at least 6-12 months money stashed away for emergencies (redundancy, illness, coronavirus etc) before you even think of investing.

Easier said then done for most of us though and the vast majority probably live hand to mouth and month to month.

This crisis does highlight the need to have some money in reserve though, as we never know what's around the corner...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sorry that wasn’t meant as a boast at all.

Apologies to anyone who thought it came across that way.

Not at all mate, good on ya for being disciplined enough to stash some money away :thumbup:

P.S. Can you lend us a tenner?

I don’t have much faith in Scientists and Politicians working together at the moment.

This was obviously far worse in China than the Chinese government have admitted. We all seemed to be concerned about the economic impact of it all. 

No one over here seemed to think it would be a problem and if they did no one seemed to bother doing anything about it. We’re now trying to get on top of it and it’s running away from us. 

Christ, the panic buying is getting a bit tedious, Heron Foods literally picked clean, felt sorry for a couple of the old peeps looking at the bare shelves.

Tesco Express next door had closed to restock, the chemist had barred the door with a table and even the supermarket round the corner has been raided to a degree.

32 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sorry that wasn’t meant as a boast at all.

Apologies to anyone who thought it came across that way.

No I didn't read it like that at all, I'm envious, but I'm also lucky that my other half and I both work for a company who should be paying us both throughout this whole thing, and they've let me work from home too. I just feel desperately worried for those of us all who are not as fortunate, and must be genuinely scared about what the future holds for them and their families 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Christ, the panic buying is getting a bit tedious, Heron Foods literally picked clean, felt sorry for a couple of the old peeps looking at the bare shelves.

Tesco Express next door had closed to restock, the chemist had barred the door with a table and even the supermarket round the corner has been raided to a degree.

It's pathetic.

The only way you can get the essentials is to start queuing outside the supermarkets at 5am when they open at 6am and making a mad dash to get what you need.

If anyone knows a better tactic, please do tell.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

It's pathetic.

The only way you can get the essentials is to start queuing outside the supermarkets at 5am when they open at 6am and making a mad dash to get what you need.

Mug the greedy fuchs on the way out by threatening to cough on them.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

It's pathetic.

Combination of kung fu and snatch and grab works best I've found. :thumbup: