Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I only need to do a small shop this weekend. Bread, eggs, bananas, apples etc. I'll take whatever I can get for my work lunches. I'm genuinely concerned I'm not going to be able to buy anything after work on Friday or Saturday morning. I get you can stock up on toilet roll, pasta etc, it's stupid but I get you can do it, but why are people buying so much bread and milk and fruit and veg. This stuff won't keep, if they didn't need it pre-coronavirus, they don't need it now. Its ****ing stupid.

I usually do an online click and collect, put that in on Sunday, but never got a confirmation email, and the order has now disappeared. You can't get a slot for the next two and half weeks. Why are people booking that far in advance? I genuinely can't understand the mentality. It's crazy.

• Like 1

Atm we have about 5 rolls of toilet paper in the house but the last few times I’ve been to a shop there’s been zero there. What happens when I need to buy more but there is no more? Also why are people stock piling things when the shops aren’t shutting? 

2 minutes ago, Dario_Rodriguez_ said:

Children with educational needs and those with healthcare workers as parents is what we’ve been told.

Yeah - I know that children with EHCP's (Educational, Health and Care plan - that's not every 'special needs' child, but only a very select few) and also children who have social workers can have a place. That parts pretty straight forward at least.

The "key workers" should cover more than healthcare workers - I believe Teachers and people who work as delivery drivers, etc. will also qualify - but there's still no definitive list, which has a lot of schools panicking right now. Any school who have already sent out letters about who they'll take could be shooting themselves in the foot when the official definition comes out.

1 minute ago, PAULCFC said:

From what ive been told from the Mrs both parents have to work for the NHS,to get a place....and then the school could be a long way out.

I've seen a lot of schools have sent information about both parents needing to qualify, but that's not definitive yet - there's a chance it could just be only 1 of the parents. But yeah, there is a good chance that the school could be a fair distance away.

11 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Do you know whether they're allowed to be in school?

Just interested to find out what other schools have been told, as we still have no clue lol 

The primary that my Wife works in and the youngest goes to sent a letter out today

They say this list is not exhaustive, and they have also asked for the names and occupations of both parents so they can assess capacity needs. Also says if one parent is a Key Worker and the other isn’t, then the expectation is that the other will look after the children

C7517339-6B2B-4EFC-B9B1-BD1F47ECFF78.jpeg

Edited by stix

42 minutes ago, brucey said:

Put random stuff in to book the slot in advance. The day before it’s due to arrive, check the basket, remove whatever is out of stock and add your ‘actual’ shop.

Blimey, that's brilliant! lol

1 minute ago, stix said:

The primary that my Wife works in and the youngest goes to sent a letter out today

They say this lost is not exhaustive, and they have also asked for the names and occupations of both parents so they can assess capacity needs. Also says if one parent is a Key Worker and the other isn’t, then the expectation is that the other will look after the children

Interesting, thanks for that.

Looks like a lot of schools have had to take a "stab in the dark" at it then (which makes sense, because it's nearly Friday now and we still don't know!), but it's interesting to see that pretty much every school has gone for the "both parents" route. Hadn't even thought of armed forces, but I suppose that makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, stix said:

They say this list is not exhaustive, and they have also asked for the names and occupations of both parents so they can assess capacity needs. Also says if one parent is a Key Worker and the other isn’t, then the expectation is that the other will look after the children

Not supermarket staff or general grocery store workers/owners, postal workers?

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Blimey, trump reckons they’re doing trials for the virus with hydroxychloroquine , for those who’ve never had salt water aquariums before, it’s used to treat reef fish diseases. Reptilians!!! 

It’s a immunosuppressant. It’s also used to treat  lupus, Malaria and some types of Arthritis.

I thought the Queen's statement was helpful, but thought it would have had extra impact if she'd said that she hoped everyone who'd been a willy puller in a supermarket died as a result of their bog roll horde catching fire.

Her Majesty can wipe her Royal bumhole on a swan, she'll be fine.

God bless them all

31 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

So we’re seeing the panic buyers that are now panicking because of the initial wave of panic buyers. I reckon the first wave are / were the real problem.

We've got sod all, 10 hour shift and am having a tin of soup as Tesco is empty.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I only need to do a small shop this weekend. Bread, eggs, bananas, apples etc. I'll take whatever I can get for my work lunches. I'm genuinely concerned I'm not going to be able to buy anything after work on Friday or Saturday morning. I get you can stock up on toilet roll, pasta etc, it's stupid but I get you can do it, but why are people buying so much bread and milk and fruit and veg. This stuff won't keep, if they didn't need it pre-coronavirus, they don't need it now. Its ****ing stupid.

I usually do an online click and collect, put that in on Sunday, but never got a confirmation email, and the order has now disappeared. You can't get a slot for the next two and half weeks. Why are people booking that far in advance? I genuinely can't understand the mentality. It's crazy.

We're a family of four and my son eats like a horse so we're constantly food shopping. I've given up physically going to the supermarkets now because the shelves are always empty (and I don't fancy queuing up at 5am with the local pond life)

We used to do Tesco on-line so tried it again but no 'click and collect' for the next three weeks and the earliest delivery slot is next Saturday 28th! (cheeky cvnts charging £8)

Interesting that the 'range' per product is now minimal and the prices are ridiculous. No 'special offers' and I sense they're taking advantage of people's desperation. Most things are a maximum of 3 per order and there's only one type of multi pack bog roll available - at double the usual price. And if that's out of stock by delivery date and no substitution then we're fvcked.

So people are soon gonna lose their jobs and then have to pay double for their weekly food shop.

Nice one.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

We're a family of four and my son eats like a horse so we're constantly food shopping. I've given up physically going to the supermarkets now because the shelves are always empty (and I don't fancy queuing up at 5am with the local pond life)

We used to do Tesco on-line so tried it again but no 'click and collect' for the next three weeks and the earliest delivery slot is next Saturday 28th! (cheeky cvnts charging £8)

Interesting that the 'range' per product is now minimal and the prices are ridiculous. No 'special offers' and I sense they're taking advantage of people's desperation. Most things are a maximum of 3 per order and there's only one type of multi pack bog roll available - at double the usual price. And if that's out of stock by delivery date and no substitution then we're fvcked.

So people are soon gonna lose their jobs and then have to pay double for their weekly food shop.

Nice one.

You have a home bargains near you iz?

Yes, the Tesco click-and-collect service should be renamed click-and-collect in 3 weeks. This is worth a read. It seems that 2 metres is not really enough, and despite the doubts about masks, well, who do you believe?

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/03/11/study-coronavirus-droplets-can-last-for-30-minutes-in-the-air-and-travel-further-than-the-safe-distance/

Just now, RobHawk said:

Nah man. We've got a B&M which I assume is similar so could give them a go actually :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Nice one.

I managed to get stuff that I couldn’t at the supermarket in B&M and Poundstretcher yesterday. 

Think outside the box Izzy. The morons clogging up the aisles in Tesco don’t seem to be just yet. 

It’s not a bad idea to just dob in to any One-Stops/Londis/Spar/Nisa that are maybe on a route you would normally take as well. 

But :shutup: don’t tell anyone :ph34r:

Edited by stix
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stix said:

I managed to get stuff that I couldn’t at the supermarket in B&M and Poundstretcher yesterday. 

Think outside the box Izzy. The morons clogging up the aisles in Tesco don’t seem to be just yet. 

Thanks mate, I guess you're right. The big supermarkets can kiss my swingers so I need to cast my shopping net further afield :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I can't speak for b&m but I work in home bargains and we've basically had double delivers the last 3 days which has meant alot more stick on the shelves. It has been going but at a pretty steady rate 

My advice for b&m if there's not much there is find out when they have a delivery in and what time it will be on the shop floor

• Like 1

Sunak has tomorrow to basically save the medium-term economy. Need to be guaranteeing incomes, subsidising wages if companies don't make people redundant and guaranteeing some level of income for the self-employed (as in Norway and Denmark etc). May as well promise some helicopter money for when it's all over too tbh. Can't dither

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1