Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I would be very careful to take yesterday’s figures as a good thing - the figure was caveated that it wasn’t a 24 hour period. 

Equally the cases are now beginning to focus on cities as expected. So these hospitals will begin to get severely tested. 

24 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Whoever thinks this has been handled well I’ll have some of what you’re having lol 

The first COBRA meeting was about a month after the first detected case on the 31st January. 

Then the Prime Minister came out with his ‘herd immunity’ plan that I try my damnedest to understand and defend on here, only for him to waddle on stage and casually claim a likely body count of 250,000 before totally swapping out our plan for lockdown, which lost us weeks of planning on fvcking around.

Then when it came to lockdown, after the announcement the guideline changed THREE TIMES from ‘key workers only’ to ‘anyone who has to go in’ with no definition or qualifying on what that meant. Now I know someone who works on testing artificial pitches meeting god knows how many people driving up and down the country and a car engineer who works in an office of people going to work because their bosses decided they ‘need’ to go into work. As a result their bosses have called this an ‘overreaction’ and threatened anyone who doesn’t turn up to go on solely SSP.

Yes mate, whingers. It’s not like my mum’s going through chemo in the coming weeks and will be as good as toast if she gets it. It’s not like there’s talk of her treatment getting delayed. But I’m sure you’re alright Jack.

Pigarse ignorant.

This is exactly why I said I don't want to get into it.  

I disagree with you and yes, we all have elderly and vulnerable relatives that we are trying to shield.  I hope your mum and mine stays well.

I could argue all the points being raised here, we could have a little squabble about it but this thread has largely been a supportive one and one of solidarity I think, so lets leave the bickering and name calling for the next time we get a match day thread if that ever happens.

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm still at a loss of how much to worry. 

It seems the reaction suggests it's serious but the death count is low. 

I'm tired trying to make up my own mind. Can someone tell me whether to panic. 

Exactly, if Boris hasn’t had the decency to personally ring you up and explain exactly what you should be doing how are you possibly expected to know?

Really really poor from the Government this.

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Same, overall the death count does look low but the scary thing is the amount of stories of people in their 20s-30s who are in good shape experiencing the complete shortness of breath. The chances are you don't experience those symptoms but if you do you know you're in for 2 weeks of hell in an overcrowded ward somewhere with no one you know and medics basically just plate-spinning to keep everyone alive. Such a bizarre situation, especially as it was only a couple of months ago that we first heard about it and no one really took it seriously till about a month ago

For as many people as there are that still aren't taking this seriously, a lot more people are cottoning on. I ran with my dog last night and I lost count of the amount of people that crossed the road to avoid me. I did the same run two days prior and no one was avoiding me

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

As I mentioned on here the other day, my old man got rushed to hospital on Tuesday after I found him on the floor of his bedroom where he'd been since collapsing the night before. 

They tested him for Covid-19, but we haven't heard anything yet.

He's now in Glenfield. Getting information is a nightmare. If you get through, you end up speaking to some stressed out nurse who is not able to tell you anything.

This morning I called the ward and oddly she said "he's ok but I can't say much on the phone" - I said "well, given that I am not allowed to visit, how else am I supposed to find out what is going on?"

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

it's an inspired choice tbh. Huge flat uncomplicated space with large scale read to use infrastructure of power and water connections, kitchens, load bays, food outlets for staff and cleaning teams in house.

Plus surrounded by 6/7 hotels of 200 rooms plus. 

There must be plenty of such spaces around the country.  NEC for a start.  Assuming the Army has quite a lot of field hosptial kit to fill it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

As I mentioned on here the other day, my old man got rushed to hospital on Tuesday after I found him on the floor of his bedroom where he'd been since collapsing the night before. 

He's now in Glenfield. Getting information is a nightmare. If you get through, you end up speaking to some stressed out nurse who is not able to tell you anything.

This morning I called the ward and oddly she said "he's ok but I can't say much on the phone" - I said "well, given that I am not allowed to visit, how else am I supposed to find out what is going on?"

Wishing your dad a speedy recovery!  It must be hard not being able to contact him.  The nurses/HCA's on the wards are also getting used to a very unusual situation in a very short time.  

8 hours ago, murphy said:

I just think that the whingers and gripers are a pain in the arse.  Exactly the people you would not want with you in the trenches. 

47 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is exactly why I said I don't want to get into it.  

I disagree with you and yes, we all have elderly and vulnerable relatives that we are trying to shield.  I hope your mum and mine stays well.

I could argue all the points being raised here, we could have a little squabble about it but this thread has largely been a supportive one and one of solidarity I think, so lets leave the bickering and name calling for the next time we get a match day thread if that ever happens.

If people want to argue Boris has done fine then that’s their opinion, I’ve stated why I think the government’s response was poor and I’m not going to insult people on that basis, I never have. 

I WILL pick up on people who are insulting the character of the many concerned on the government total scattershot of a policy. Absolutely everyone has taken pick at policy from miscommunication to total U turns and the to frame those with dissenting as cowards and aren’t to be trusted is bang out of order. I dislike people who take it up themselves to be political commissars.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Wishing your dad a speedy recovery!  It must be hard not being able to contact him.  The nurses/HCA's on the wards are also getting used to a very unusual situation in a very short time.  

yeah I appreciate it is difficult for them. It's certainly something to bear in mind that if you, me, or anyone we know ends up in hospital then it is likley that we will be alone, with no contact or visits which is tough on all parties.

• Like 1

If @murphywants to return to WW1 in the trenches and blindly follow what the government is telling them, I'm glad I'm not there with him as history shows just how ****ing stupid that was.

I'm on the frontline every day and are constantly looking for ways we can improve and work more safely. That doesn't stop me questioning what I perceive as appalling leadership from our PM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Sorry to hear that - I can't imagine how stressful that must be for you. Not knowing what is going on is the worst, but positively 'he's ok' 

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

If @murphywants to return to WW1 in the trenches and blindly follow what the government is telling them, I'm glad I'm not there with him as history shows just how ****ing stupid that was.

I'm on the frontline every day and are constantly looking for ways we can improve and work more safely. That doesn't stop me questioning what I perceive as appalling leadership from our PM.

Blindly follow what the government is telling them!! What do u suggest follow the experts on foxestalk.?

Just now, rachhere said:

Sorry to hear that - I can't imagine how stressful that must be for you. Not knowing what is going on is the worst, but positively 'he's ok' 

yeah. It seems to be the case of just leaving them to get on with it!

Yesterday a nurse told me "he's absolutely fine". I thought, but didn't say "well he can't be absolutely fine otherwise he wouldn't be in hospital"lol

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

yeah. It seems to be the case of just leaving them to get on with it!

Yesterday a nurse told me "he's absolutely fine". I thought, but didn't say "well he can't be absolutely fine otherwise he wouldn't be in hospital"lol

I guess in their mind they have told you he's fine and so think they have done enough to reassure you. I can completely understand though why you would want to be told more!

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Cleese has this covered:

21 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Blindly follow what the government is telling them!! What do u suggest follow the experts on foxestalk.?

Yeah coz that's what I said isn't it. The government may be briefed by experts but it doesn't mean they act in line with what they say. 

It's not like key members of this government has a good relationship with experts is it. 

I talked about leadership and will criticise the government for that. The post in question was calling anyone questioning the government whiners.