Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Currently self employed with zero income after the company I was working for closed on Tuesday, even worse is that they haven't paid me for the last two weeks work. Don't know were the next money is coming from. Hoping for some government help later today. Why don't they just use last years tax submissions for expected earnings?

• Like 1

Just now, messerschmitt said:

Currently self employed with zero income after the company I was working for closed on Tuesday, even worse is that they haven't paid me for the last two weeks work. Don't know were the next money is coming from. Hoping for some government help later today. Why don't they just use last years tax submissions for expected earnings?

I think that's the rumour doing the rounds at the moment, but it will take time to go through all the tax returns.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'll ask. 

Why did you need 2 lots of 24?

I’ve got Crohn’s disease and no colon = need to go the loo 6-8 times a day and 1-2 times at night.

I go through A LOT of toilet roll unfortunately.

You did ask!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If one infected person infects 3 more on average, then according to my maths, it'll take just over 16 more repetitions of this spreading process to infect the entire country. It's based on the fact that 3^(16.4) = 66,801,800. If that doesn't persuade folk to hide away, nothing will. 

Edited by String fellow

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

If one infected person infects 3 more on average, then according to my maths, it'll take less than just over 16 more repetitions of this spreading process to infect the entire country. It's based on the fact that 3^(16.4) = 66,801,800. If that doesn't persuade folk to hide away, nothing will. 

You expect the covidiots to understand maths ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

They having a laugh:-

After single facial touch sparks exponential spread of new-flu virus, global civil unrest & societal breakdown ensue leaving CDC to seek a cure in prophetic thriller CONTAGION 9pm - ITV2  

What about that book that was wrote in 1981 lol

1992338908_Coronavirusconspiracytheories.jpg.fee450961bee307a5d491a13b62bf688.jpg

39 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I've noticed a more upbeat mood on this thread today.  The numbers of deaths yesterday was lower than expected and there seems to be a theory that those who have died were probably near the end of their lives anyway.  I don't believe that.

The virus is having a devastating effect on the vulnerable, especially it seems those with suppressed immune systems.  Anyone undergoing chemotherapy falls into that category.  Cancer can be suppressed or beaten in many cases with the right strategy, and dying of Covid-19 is likely to shorten the lifespan of many cancer sufferers by more than a few months.  IMO it's far to early to be taking the view that 'everything will be all right'.  If that happens nationally then people will start to ignore social distancing causing many more untimely deaths.

I think people are just getting more used to what is happening and starting to prepare for the onslaught that is likely over the next few weeks. As to the numbers yesterday I wouldn't be sure that they are correct. As per BBC website earlier today.

"A further six people who tested positive for coronavirus in Wales have died, bringing its total number of deaths to 28, Public Health Wales says.

It came as three coronavirus patients in Scotland died, bringing the total deaths there to 25.

And a further three people died in Northern Ireland, bringing its total to 10.

Latest figures for England and the UK as a whole will be released later. The government has said it is currently changing the way deaths are recorded."

So that's 12 in Scotland, Wales and Northern Island where infection rates are much lower than England. Whay and how are they changing the way deaths are recorded?

Edited by reynard

47 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Or maybe you don’t understand the difference between a plan of action one week and contradicting what was said days later

Have you considered that maybe the situation was fluid and constantly changing? Or that many of the public were too thick to follow the advice they were given initially so the advice given had to change to allow for stupidity? Maybe if people weren't bleating on about 'oh but we're allowed to go to the park, it's not illegal yet' and just done as they were asked, and followed the social distancing advice, we wouldn't have needed these restrictions placing upon us, which to you is a contradiction but to me was always coming if we couldn't do as we were asked. That was made very clear, if you actually listened to what was said. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What about that book that was wrote in 1981 lol

1992338908_Coronavirusconspiracytheories.jpg.fee450961bee307a5d491a13b62bf688.jpg

Yeah, I've seen this doing the rounds,  Only the second excerpt is from that book, the first is from a different book by a 'psychic' called Sylvia Browne.

Needs to be put into context.  How many prophecy type books are written every year that are complete nonsense?  If you throw enough darts you will hit a bullseye once.  Her book was written in 2011.  It would be interesting to see how much else she got right, or not.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’ve got Crohn’s disease and no colon = need to go the loo 6-8 times a day and 1-2 times at night.

I go through A LOT of toilet roll unfortunately.

You did ask!!

Ffs man could have just made something up. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

not quite true .....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dean-koontz-predicted-coronavirus/

Infact, mostly false and evidence that a broken clock is right twice a day ..............

I know what you're saying but you've got to admit it's a pretty good guess. What's the odds of predicting the name of a virus that is actually the same name as the city it started in.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Did he change his mind on that particular point within the hour then?

Yeah, he went from saying only key workers, which was reflected in wording, which was then edited to ‘only go in to work if it’s necessary’.

The family opposite to where I live seem to spend all day, every day, either washing their several cars or repairing them. They've not altered this routine one iota since BoJo's warning about not leaving home. It seems a bit risky to me, especially as it results in them chatting to the passing dog-walkers.

Posted at 17:0717:07

BREAKINGSelf-employed help capped at £2,500 per month

Rishi Sunak says self-employed people facing financial difficulties will be able to have 80% of their monthly wages covered by the government.

He says this will be calculated using average monthly profits over last three financial years.

He says support will be capped at £2,500 per month, and will initially last three months.