Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

48 minutes ago, bmt said:

This. 

As if people are judged purely on their return on investment too, what a time to be alive :nigel:

Who said anything about purely judged on ROI? Get a grip

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Cats have it as well mate and nobody wants them pricks running the country. Dog FTW.

Theres no number 10 dog though, so Larry takes the hotseat.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

She’s worth every penny. 
The amount she brings into this country in tourism alone is worth way more than £240m

The Queen offers a great ROI so leave her alone 

God save the Queen because tourists are money? How much tourist coin could we make from a Windsor Castle theme park with royal impersonators taking selfies with Japanese tourists, is the question I ask you...

19 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

God save the Queen because tourists are money? How much tourist coin could we make from a Windsor Castle theme park with royal impersonators taking selfies with Japanese tourists, is the question I ask you...

Not much I s'pose or someone would have done that anyway.  :dunno:

God save the Queen.  :englandsmile4wf:

Guest MattP
58 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

And you could say the same about any footballer.

Unless they donate it under the initials "RV" instead of anonymous and it suddenly ends up on Ian Stringer's twitter account lol

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Correcting their figures I guess.

I know this is a shit time, and very serious things are going on, but maybe more than ever lighten up a bit, don't take everything as literal.

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Circa 240 million a year isn't it? Untaxed too. 

If you consider paying normal tax on her private income as "untaxed", then yes, it's "untaxed".

Don't know where the £240m figure is from - it is not even close to the figure. The Crown Estate in 2017/18 brought in £330m, the government took 75% of the funds and gave the Monarch 25%, so she got £82m in 2019/20 (it's calculated two years prior to receiving the funds). This is known as the "Sovereign Grant". The Monarch also has a private income, called the Duchy of Lancaster (private land holdings, mostly), she pays full tax on this revenue. The Duchy is valued at about £600m, currently.

The Queen is not obliged to pay taxes, and was given the choice of avoiding paying any income or capital gains tax, but she waived this right in 1992.

Edited by Beechey

5 minutes ago, l444ry said:

I don’t see how that can be correct based on the fact that Spain is nearly already at the total quoted.

I wouldn’t bet against us, Italy and Spain hitting a figure close to this though unfortunately.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t see how that can be correct based on the fact that Spain is nearly already at the total quoted.

I wouldn’t bet against us, Italy and Spain hitting a figure close to this though unfortunately.

Please dont let the facts get in the way of another scaremongering story.