Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Being prime minister surely boosts your chances?? Is it right?no, does it happen?most likely 

Not with a disease with no effective treatment .......... v wealthy people have died from this thing ....an ICU bed is precisely that ..... you’re getting as much care as its possible to get .......

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I hate his politics but of course I wish him well.

The country will absolutely freak out if he doesn't get better.

Let go of the ang.... Ahhh forget it!! lol

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

What's the ventilator number based on mate?

Probably the best published information we have so far is from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Center (ICNARC) in the UK. Of 165 patients admitted to ICUs, 79 (48%) died. Of the 98 patients who received advanced respiratory support—defined as invasive ventilation, BPAP or CPAP via endotracheal tube, or tracheostomy, or extracorporeal respiratory support—66% died.

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Why not just wish him well like any sane normal person would do?

I literally did that. If anyone has been on twitter etc they’ll see loads of idiots making jokes/saying they don’t care if he dies etc etc etc. The reason I said how I feel is because I feel it is relevant. Fair enough others feel like it wasn’t the right time to say it, but I don’t agree.  

6 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I have a hunch that it was the word "hate" that did it.

Fine, I’m not really sure why that’s the relevant part of the comment. As I said, I’m not angry and I want him to get well as soon as possible.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not with a disease with no effective treatment .......... v wealthy people have died from this thing ....an ICU bed is precisely that ..... you’re getting as much care as its possible to get .......

Ahhh okay, bloody hell not good mate

Just now, bmt said:

I literally did that. If anyone has been on twitter etc they’ll see loads of idiots making jokes/saying they don’t care if he dies etc etc etc. The reason I said how I feel is because I feel it is relevant. Fair enough others feel like it wasn’t the right time to say it, but I don’t agree.  

Understand where you’re coming from but my advice in future would be to use the word ‘dislike’ rather than ‘hate’ ......

Just now, bmt said:

Fine, I’m not really sure why that’s the relevant part of the comment. As I said, I’m not angry and I want him to get well as soon as possible.

I'm not having a go at you personally,  just saying why I think you got the response you did.

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

I'm not having a go at you personally,  just saying why I think you got the response you did.

Yeah fair enough, I’ll probably avoid saying personal opinion on it til this is over then. Do find it slightly ironic people jump on me when there’s an annual thread where people get points if famous people die on the forum, but there we go.

fingers crossed the survival chances are higher as the numbers quoted don’t account the age of the patient etc

Sad to hear about Boris, but I'm optimistic he'll pull through, he's at an age where he's still more likely to survive than not and he'll be getting the best assistance available.  Fingers crossed for him anyway.

24 minutes ago, bmt said:

Yeah fair enough, I’ll probably avoid saying personal opinion on it til this is over then. Do find it slightly ironic people jump on me when there’s an annual thread where people get points if famous people die on the forum, but there we go.

fingers crossed the survival chances are higher as the numbers quoted don’t account the age of the patient etc

I think people are just a bit sensitive mate, they’ll get over it. Keep posting.

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Johnson, Hancock and Whitty have obviously all caught it from the same person and Johnson is the 1 in 20 symptomatic people who's got it seriously.

You'd think given the treatment that he'll receive that he'll pull through but it's hairy none the less. 

From all I've seen and read, basically your body has to do it's own thing, there is no cure, here's hoping he pulls through but maybe it will give the idiots pause for thought that anyone can catch it and fall ill.

Edited by ithuriel

32 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

These people making jokes are idiots, only takes one popular account to get hold of the tweet and you can literally lose your career/job. Save it for group chats.

Or best not to post derogatory insults at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Or best not to post derogatory insults at all.

Some of the foulest, disgusting, degrading jokes go on in whatapp group chats between good friends, nothing wrong with that all.

• Like 1

so the facility i work at ( a skilled nursing facility here in North Carolina ) has been designated as a Covid-19 cohort facility.

what does that mean? well we have 160 residents who are ALL going to be discharged to other facilities. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. 

We will then be taking Covid-19 patients!! i’m going to be looking after covid-19 patients!!! :(

Someone has to i suppose. Problem is my son is disabled and his Dr has told us he should in no uncertain terms be exposed to covid-19. at all. in any way.

:nigel:

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Were have you heard this? Iv read he moved to be near the ventilator?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That’s not confirmed .......... yet 

the official word is that he needs to be closer to a ventilator incase he needs one......

I read earlier on the BBC website that the government dismissed claims from Russia that he was on one today.

How would the latter know about his situation?

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

so the facility i work at ( a skilled nursing facility here in North Carolina ) has been designated as a Covid-19 cohort facility.

what does that mean? well we have 160 residents who are ALL going to be discharged to other facilities. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. 

We will then be taking Covid-19 patients!! i’m going to be looking after covid-19 patients!!! :(

Someone has to i suppose. Problem is my son is disabled and his Dr has told us he should in no uncertain terms be exposed to covid-19. at all. in any way.

:nigel:

That sounds very ominous :( I hope you and your son can get through it.