Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

17 minutes ago, l444ry said:

I'm no expert and I 'could' be totally wrong, but I think that's bullshit scaremongering. These papers are just creating horrible scenarios to sell papers, or (hopefully) to remind people of how serious this is and how we need to keep up what we're doing.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Hopefully they're the Mark Lawrensons of the scientific world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Please dont let the facts get in the way of another scaremongering story. 

Probably right, especially as it's from the rag that gave us the laughable Project Fear line which plenty were misled by.

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Probably right, especially as it's from the rag that gave us the laughable Project Fear line which plenty were misled by.

There are various theories on how this will pan out , the government scientists from imperial college have from the start mentioned 20000 deaths in the uk. The last i saw from them mentioned from 7000 to 20000 so its a case of who anybody wants to believe.  

34 minutes ago, l444ry said:

US in new "Hey! Look over there" strategy :rolleyes:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

There are various theories on how this will pan out , the government scientists from imperial college have from the start mentioned 20000 deaths in the uk. The last i saw from them mentioned from 7000 to 20000 so its a case of who anybody wants to believe.  

You would think that Imperial College had access to better data to include in the model seeing they are working with the UK government. 

59 minutes ago, l444ry said:

I think they've got enough on their own plate to be worrying about to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

France is already well on their way to hitting their projected mark as of today, the worst yet.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Just reading an nhs critical care paper and it appears that if he can get through this first 24 hours in icu without ventilation then he has a much higher chance (75%+) of survival than if he needs a ventilator in this first 24 hours (35%+). So if we hear that he’s on a ventilator today then the outlook is pretty grim. 

This is of course presuming that he was admitted to ICU under the same qualifying criteria applied to the general population.

If indeed it's true that it was done as a 'precaution', then his chances are far better, although then you have the question of why he gets to have a ITU bed in a busy London hospital... 

• Like 2

Guest MattP
Just now, brucey said:

This is of course presuming that he was admitted to ICU under the same qualifying criteria applied to the general population.

If indeed it's true that it was done as a 'precaution', then his chances are far better, although then you have the question of why he gets to have a ITU bed in a busy London hospital... 

Because he's the Prime Minister. He is sort of important.

(Also according to the briefing as the Nightingale has opened ICU still has more than enough capacity in London)

Guest Markyblue
16 minutes ago, brucey said:

Because as bad as things are or might become i haven't seen anything to suggest the nhs is at or above full capacity yet. 

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

He is the first minister of MPs elected by our nation to lead us.  Absolutley everything should be done to help him get better.  I don't understand why so many people seem to think it is some kind of issue of fairness or equality.  It isn't about Boris the person it is about the office of the Prime minister of one of the world great democracies.  

I guess the argument is that if it is truly the office that is important, then it follows that the person occupying it is still no more important than any other person as the institution survives those who occupy it.

I'll hasten to add that IMO while that idea has some merit it's not entirely true because the effectiveness of the office does suffer while in transition and that's something that can be ill afforded right now, so I think Boris should probably be prioritised in terms of treatment.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

As we were warned, todays numbers are not good at all 

My point proven from yesterday. I haven't even seen them yet, but you can't wait to tell everyone they are bad.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Yeah it's bad, I'm not saying it's not. What I'm saying is like I said yesterday, there are certain posters who are waiting for that large number and seem to get off from posting it, yet when it's lower they go quiet. I get BBC news notifications on my phone. I posted yesterdays lower figure when I got that notification which comes around the same time most days, and the usual suspects were very quiet. Today, I haven't had that notification on my phone yet, it's too early, yet one of those posters is straight in there with telling us it's getting worse. I just find it odd. Do they get some kind of kick from telling us it's bad, do they feel more alive because they are worrying more? I genuinely can't get my head around it.

• Like 3