Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, MPH said:

so the facility i work at ( a skilled nursing facility here in North Carolina ) has been designated as a Covid-19 cohort facility.

what does that mean? well we have 160 residents who are ALL going to be discharged to other facilities. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. 

We will then be taking Covid-19 patients!! i’m going to be looking after covid-19 patients!!! :(

Someone has to i suppose. Problem is my son is disabled and his Dr has told us he should in no uncertain terms be exposed to covid-19. at all. in any way.

:nigel:

Take care mate…. It’s a good thing you’re doing…. 

I’d take some good guidance regarding your son…

All the best,

Ben

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

so the facility i work at ( a skilled nursing facility here in North Carolina ) has been designated as a Covid-19 cohort facility.

what does that mean? well we have 160 residents who are ALL going to be discharged to other facilities. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. 

We will then be taking Covid-19 patients!! i’m going to be looking after covid-19 patients!!! :(

Someone has to i suppose. Problem is my son is disabled and his Dr has told us he should in no uncertain terms be exposed to covid-19. at all. in any way.

Can only wish you all the best, I overheard a nurse here a few weeks ago saying she had been told to move into a hotel room to stay apart from her family, not a good thing.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

What county are you working out of these days, MPH? Meck?

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

Whilst that sounds a nightmare on a personal level.

Let's hope none of those 160 residents have the virus as they get transferred and plonked elsewhere, spreading it further.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He should be next in line if he needs it.  Get well soon Boris.

Agreed, but depends if there are any not currently in use. Bit of a different argument saying he's next in line to saying someone else should be taken off one for him (I know you weren't saying that). 

Edited by bmt

25 minutes ago, MPH said:

Sounds difficult. I would be prepared (if it's possible, I know it may not be) to spend some time living apart from your family. Best of luck, hope all goes okay

• Like 1

The Times seem to know that he’s received 4 litres of oxygen and stabilised in intensive care. 15 litres is the threshold for ventilation. There would be no reason for this to be a lie or cover up at this stage. 

In fact the threshold for intensive care is 15 so it seems like it is all precautionary. Let’s be honest nobody is going to be taking any chances with him. 

Edited by Lionator

1 hour ago, MPH said:

yes, my facility is called Huntersville Oaks

Stay safe. We're been sheltering in place down here in Charlotte since the 14th. Things seem to be getting more severe here by the day but one could be forgiven* for thinking that some people just don't seem to care around the city and county. Please keep the thread updated!

When all this blows over, we'll have to come up your way for a match. Plenty of places up there we've yet to go to.

Edited by UPinCarolina
forgiven**

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Stay safe. We're been sheltering in place down here in Charlotte since the 14th. Things seem to be getting more severe here by the day but one could be mistaken for thinking that some people just don't seem to care around the city and county. Please keep the thread updated!

When all this blows over, we'll have to come up your way for a match. Plenty of places up there we've yet to go to.

yes i’d be well up for a match!

there really does seem like there’s a lot of people who are not taking it seriously and it almost seems like there’s more people on the roads than usual. 

either way, we have a very unpleasant few weeks ahead

2 hours ago, bmt said:

Sounds difficult. I would be prepared (if it's possible, I know it may not be) to spend some time living apart from your family. Best of luck, hope all goes okay

That’s what i have asked- if they can put me up in a Hotel near to where i work.

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Let's hope none of those 160 residents have the virus as they get transferred and plonked elsewhere, spreading it further.

it’s a bizarre situation. They have chosen our facility because it’s the largest of its kind in the area  and to them it makes sense to centralize all the covid-19 patients in as few places as possible. it DOES make sense but in the meantime we are having 160 residents who have been told this is their home  now being told they have no choice but to  move. Even if they object, they are being moved - they have no say in the matter.

I get that drastic times call for drastic measures, i just hate the harshness of it all...

I hope that Boris comes through - as others have said it's pretty much 50/50, I hope the coin comes down on the right side.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

there really does seem like there’s a lot of people who are not taking it seriously and it almost seems like there’s more people on the roads than usual. 

either way, we have a very unpleasant few weeks ahead

To be honest, I think a lot of that is indicative of the cultural inclinations of a subset of folks in the US (either disbelieving of their government or value "freedom" over life, or perhaps just ignorant like a fair few folks in the UK have been)  and with respect the way the leader of the country has been approaching it isn't really likely to give people pause, either.

Stay safe, and best to you and yours.

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

it’s a bizarre situation. They have chosen our facility because it’s the largest of its kind in the area  and to them it makes sense to centralize all the covid-19 patients in as few places as possible. it DOES make sense but in the meantime we are having 160 residents who have been told this is their home  now being told they have no choice but to  move. Even if they object, they are being moved - they have no say in the matter.

I get that drastic times call for drastic measures, i just hate the harshness of it all...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I hope that Boris comes through - as others have said it's pretty much 50/50, I hope the coin comes down on the right side.

To be honest, I think a lot of that is indicative of the cultural inclinations of a subset of folks in the US (either disbelieving of their government or value "freedom" over life, or perhaps just ignorant like a fair few folks in the UK have been)  and with respect the way the leader of the country has been approaching it isn't really likely to give people pause, either.

Stay safe, and best to you and yours.

thank you

:fc:

Edited by MPH

13 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Or best not to post derogatory insults at all.

The thing is it happens. I'm one of those people who thinks you make light and humour of most situations (even the dark ones), but I wouldn't start posting Maddie McCann jokes on my personal FB account with work colleagues and family on there. It'll never stop,but don't be so stupid to post it on a social networking site, I've seen a couple of people nearly throw away long careers because they shared a FB post, it's crazy.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

From all I've seen and read, basically your body has to do it's own thing, there is no cure, here's hoping he pulls through but maybe it will give the idiots pause for thought that anyone can catch it and fall ill.

Watched this earlier today, like the way he explained things including the pimp part. Of course i hope what he said was all 100% accurate as i am no medical doctor or  nurse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Meanwhile...in America, everything is under control. Here’s how Donald Trump is coping with the coronavirus crisis 😂

The blokes a bit of a tool.

When your deflect mechanism on defence is to attack, rather than substantiate, your not in a good place. 

He speaks without thinking, ignores the advice of his experts and suffers from verbal squits. 

The fact 50% of America voted for his, just confirms my belief that you can’t contain stupid. I’m not surprised by the figures for new cases and death figures that we see coming out of the USA on a daily basis. I’d imagine it’ll get a whole lot worse yet.