Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

IMG_20200407_144358.thumb.jpg.c4ba2a35c41393ddcc9a67a5feaf0855.jpg

'worked like mad... But it's not good enough so far' 

What's meant to be not good enough or good enough lol

Such an odd comment to make. Stuck in his DWP days no doubt. Probably class Boris as fit to work right now. 

I think you might be interpreting that different to how it was intended.

Rather than being critical of what he's done, I think he's highlighting the size of the challenge that although he's working hard it isn't enough with what we face.

:dunno:

**just realised he is talking about Boris condition and not the pandemic in general, but still I read it differently and more of a 'he needs to keep fighting'

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Saw a lot of people around very close to each other today in the surrounding local areas, 

Think it's safe to assume that some think this period is some sort of holiday with the kids etc..

3 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Israel health minister, who claims coronavirus is ‘divine punishment’ for homosexuality, tests positive for COVID-19

Something he's not telling us! lol

10 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Israel health minister, who claims coronavirus is ‘divine punishment’ for homosexuality, tests positive for COVID-19

What a plum, probably the first one to scream anti Semitic at someone yet is happy to call out against gay people. 

39 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We'll see anyway mate. Maybe it was a coincidence, but there have been other occasion where the death rate has been lower the expected, and there wasn't such scramble to post them from the usual suspects. I think it's very sad whats happening, but peoples appetite for shock headlines makes me even sadder. And it's not just deaths, it's any doom and gloom new story about this outbreak that certain people are desperate to share. Like I said yesterday that it was noticeable that 20 minutes after the lower figure was released, nobody had posted, when previously three or four where chomping at the bit to share them. 

Tbf it is a Coronavirus thread.

So anything news related is worthy of a mention.

You know you can ignore people so you don’t see their posts?
I’m not sure why you seem to be getting so uptight at whats posted.

It’s no different to looking at a newspaper and then being annoyed by what you see.

The simple solution would be not to look or ignore the posts that bother you.

If anything I’m sure that Covid19 has shown us that life’s too short and precious to worry about the small stuff. 

Additionally maybe there could be another thread with just positive covid19 story’s if people feel the same way as you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Tbf it is a Coronavirus thread.

So anything news related is worthy of a mention.

You know you can ignore people so you don’t see their posts?
I’m not sure why you seem to be getting so uptight at whats posted.

It’s no different to looking at a newspaper and then being annoyed by what you see.

The simple solution would be not to look or ignore the posts that bother you.

If anything I’m sure that Covid19 has shown us that life’s too short and precious to worry about the small stuff. 

Additionally maybe there could be another thread with just positive covid19 story’s if people feel the same way as you.

There already is a positive news thread.

Anyway, you've missed the point. I have no problem with stories and facts being posted. What I don't like is the gusto in which some seem to rush to post bad headlines and their shyness to post when something might indicate things are getting better.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Anyway, you've missed the point. I have no problem with stories and facts being posted. What I don't like is the gusto in which some seem to rush to post bad headlines and their shyness to post when something might indicate things are getting better.

I think the proverbial saying, “Bad news travels fast” tells you all you need to know on that one.

Just now, Facecloth said:

Not sure if you've noticed, but there is usually a load of rapid 'like' reactions on any news posted in here that is encouraging (whether or not it's realistic, like the 30 mil already infected in UK article). And generally no 'likes' on the more scary type of news. Perhaps we should be encouraging those people to post more positive news on here? e.g that Prof Karol's Twitter which is positive and realistic. 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think the proverbial saying, “Bad news travels fast” tells you all you need to know on that one.

Posts seem to be deleted now mate, so clearly someone's not happy with what's being said, so I'll leave it there to prevent a ban. All I will say is I hope some look at the behaviour after all this is over, not just here om places like Facebook too, and step away from the obsession of rushing to share horrible stuff for social media reactions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Not sure if you've noticed, but there is usually a load of rapid 'like' reactions on any news posted in here that is encouraging (whether or not it's realistic, like the 30 mil already infected in UK article). And generally no 'likes' on the more scary type of news. Perhaps we should be encouraging those people to post more positive news on here? e.g that Prof Karol's Twitter which is positive and realistic. 

Well it would be weird if people liked a post about a lot of people dying.

I do like Prof Karol though, level headed and positive, but not playing it down either.

21 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Posts seem to be deleted now mate, so clearly someone's not happy with what's being said, so I'll leave it there to prevent a ban. All I will say is I hope some look at the behaviour after all this is over, not just here om places like Facebook too, and step away from the obsession of rushing to share horrible stuff for social media reactions. 

Edit

Edited by HankMarvin

Agree about the posters who seem to revel in how badly this is turning out. Like a dog with a bone.

For me it's very simple. Thousands will die as they do with other diseases. We need to stay at home to minimise the numbers. The sooner we do that, the sooner we get to get on with our lives. Which will happen.

Nothing more to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Agree about the posters who seem to revel in how badly this is turning out. Like a dog with a bone.

For me it's very simple. Thousands will die as they do with other diseases. We need to stay at home to minimise the numbers. The sooner we do that, the sooner we get to get on with our lives. Which will happen.

Nothing more to it.

Couldn't have put it better really. There's nothing we can do about the amount dying right now, they got this a while back, but we can affect that number going forward by limiting our social interaction and staying home as much as possible. There is light at the end of this tunnel, we just have to stop looking back and concentrate on the way we are heading. 

Edited by Facecloth

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Number of confirmed cases fell again slightly.

Lockdown definitely seems to be having an impact.

Aren't we testing more too, so surely that's good. More test, but less positive results.

Seems to be more people milling around where I live, it looks like some people are starting to push their luck a bit more. Sunday will be interesting as well, all shops except the smallest are required to close as its Easter Sunday, no reason to be out at all. 

4 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Number of confirmed cases fell again slightly.

Lockdown definitely seems to be having an impact.

looks positive. Something about the numbers tested not including manchester and leeds due to technical reasons. No idea if this relates to new confirmed cases or if that number wasn't effected

22 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Think I’m going to have to change my cycle route home, it’s mainly off road and what was once a quiet path is now congested with people exercising.

I’ll try the roads, they seem quiet.

A very good point.  Roads don't seem a quiet as they did a week ago though strangely.  

• Like 2