Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I can't tell you how disheartening it is when you get out of a shift, your face is killing you from the mask, you're totally stressed out and then you just see people everywhere thinking it's fine that they're out as long as they're in gym clothes.

Thank you for everything you are doing.  I hope you know that the country is incredibly proud of all our NHS professionals, and that the relatively few idiots out there annoy all of us.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Aren't we testing more too, so surely that's good. More test, but less positive results.

Its all down to lowering the positive total i suppose,  less positive should mean less going to hospital and hopefully less deaths,  i feel we are on the way to better times.

54 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Additionally maybe there could be another thread with just positive covid19 story’s if people feel the same way as you.

It certainly looks like the numbers are plateauing, especially so in London but there is no big acceleration of new cases etc. The high number of deaths is sadly a reflection of what was happening before lockdown weekend ....... 

question is whether this plateau goes on for weeks or begins to tail downwards ........ suspect if it doesn’t begin to fall then govt have to judge if further restrictions are needed to achieve this  or are comfortable with the continuing demand the NHS is currently just about coping with (though under great strain on individuals) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It certainly looks like the numbers are plateauing, especially so in London but there is no big acceleration of new cases etc. The high number of deaths is sadly a reflection of what was happening before lockdown weekend ....... 

question is whether this plateau goes on for weeks or begins to tail downwards ........ suspect if it doesn’t begin to fall then govt have to judge if further restrictions are needed to achieve this  or are comfortable with the continuing demand the NHS is currently just about coping with (though under great strain on individuals) 

Last week, the expected peak was said to be 12 April. It's now expected to be 'late April' apparently. So something is working. 

I’m a bit concerned about this weekend. I think that we would have made the lockdown more restrictive for a week or two, but with the prime minister being in ICU (and given Raab’s answers to these questions) I don’t think there will be anyone brave enough to implement more stringent guidelines.

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Last week, the expected peak was said to be 12 April. It's now expected to be 'late April' apparently. So something is working. 

Or not working ........... 12th April seems to be a bit early for the peak based on the lockdown date ...... I can’t imagine the peak of this cycle would be as far away as late April though ....... you would expect 17th-24th based on lockdown 23rd March (and more importantly the pubs a couple days earlier).  no one knows if the current arrangements whereby many people are still working and food shopping without many restrictions is going to result in a drop off rather than a plateauing. 

1 hour ago, Tinman said:

Israel health minister, who claims coronavirus is ‘divine punishment’ for homosexuality, tests positive for COVID-19

quite a few hypocrites "laughing" at this news, ain't there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

quite a few hypocrites "laughing" at this news, ain't there. 

I will until the day I'm cold in the ground laugh at religious nonsense. It is one thing to wish someone dead because you disagree with political choices, it's another entirely to laugh at someone who's been karma'd after sprouting sky fairy bullshit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tinman said:

Israel health minister, who claims coronavirus is ‘divine punishment’ for homosexuality, tests positive for COVID-19

‘Nut job’ right wing ultra religious mp ......  I’m sure he isn’t a ‘bad’ man but his religious beliefs are extremely conservative. 

another good argument against proportional representation! 

• Like 1

It seems that a reliable antibody test is proving difficult to sort out. Without this guidance, the lack of testing away from hospitals earlier in the outbreak will make it much more difficult for the authorities to gauge how risky any relaxation is going to be .......

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

London was about a couple of weeks ahead of the rest of the country a few weeks ago so was bound to plateau first.

Suggests the rest of the country peaks in a few weeks time ??

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Or not working ........... 12th April seems to be a bit early for the peak based on the lockdown date ...... I can’t imagine the peak of this cycle would be as far away as late April though ....... you would expect 17th-24th based on lockdown 23rd March (and more importantly the pubs a couple days earlier).  no one knows if the current arrangements whereby many people are still working and food shopping without many restrictions is going to result in a drop off rather than a plateauing. 

Here’s the latest projections from the official government experts from Imperial, as of today.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/covid-19-weekly-forecasts/week-07-04-2020/

Or is this report too pessimistic to post here?

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Quite a large percentage of vehicles on the road seem to be work vans.

I have a glazing and pvcu window business which I shut down weeks ago. Still have idiots ringing up or turning up at the door wanting a pane of glass for their greenhouse or even worse.

25 minutes ago, MattFox said:

London was about a couple of weeks ahead of the rest of the country a few weeks ago so was bound to plateau first.

Suggests the rest of the country peaks in a few weeks time ??

Theoretically, the lockdown being at an earlier timescale in the outbreak away from London should mean the plateau is at a lower level away from the capital 

Coronavirus: UK cases 'could be moving in the right direction'

The number of coronavirus cases in the UK "could be moving in the right direction", the government's chief scientific adviser has said.

Speaking at the daily Downing Street briefing, Sir Patrick Vallance said it was "possible that we're beginning to see... the curve flattening".

He added, however, it would be another "week or so" before he could be sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52206510

Just now, l444ry said:

I have a glazing and pvcu window business which I shut down weeks ago. Still have idiots ringing up or turning up at the door wanting a pane of glass for their greenhouse or even worse.

Just out of interest how are u coping with the current situation? Gotta be tough for small businesses, good luck though 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just out of interest how are u coping with the current situation? Gotta be tough for small businesses, good luck though 👍🏼

Thanks for asking.  I'm more fortunate than many as the mortgage has been paid. Leased Vans still have to paid plus other things but no problems yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I imagine he’s shattered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1