Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, Strokes said:

Why?

As if Trump is shrugging this soar situation with a "meh, oh well" attitude, which I wouldn't be surprised given his lack of empathy and integrity etc in the past.

Just now, Wymsey said:

As if Trump is shrugging this soar situation with a "meh, oh well" attitude, which I wouldn't be surprised given his lack of empathy and integrity etc in the past.

The first I saw of this in the states was in New York which is nothing to do wit( trump. Infact, digging graves is surely not the responsibility of federal govt but state ???????

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, less traffic yet somehow significantly more dangerous on the road. People speeding (Really speeding) has gone through the roof. :nono:

Sadly I think this was predictable. Empty roads pave the way for temptation for some selfish bastards out there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Personally think it's quite disgraceful and disrespectful of Donald Trump to use mass-graves for the Coronavirus victims..

I could be wrong, but if we're talking about Hart Island then I think it's always been used for mass burials of unclaimed bodies. I recently read an article about the kid who was Disney's Peter Pan (died of an overdose a few years later) and he's there somewhere too, along with countless others. If that's been extended to 'claimed' bodies, and if it's becoming a widespread practice, then it could be a case of extraordinary measures for extraordinary times.

Either way it's a terrible thing to see, even if it's more commonplace than we'd realise.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you find a vaccine then I guarantee you’ll get more than you are at the moment ......

Whatever makes you bad makes you better.

Its obvious, bat soup.

Show me the money 💰 💴 

1 hour ago, Desabafar said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/14/state-department-cables-warned-safety-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/

State Department cables warned of safety issues at Wuhan lab studying bat coronaviruses

sorry to sound like trump here. but reading that... surely china has to pay when this calms down?

1 minute ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

sorry to sound like trump here. but reading that... surely china has to pay when this calms down?

Go on then .......prove it 

China is going to have it’s worse year of growth in the modern era .......they will have huge social issues to deal with as a result of this 

This pandemic has been to no ones benefit 

and no one is going to put their hands up to being responsible..........

56 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Porton Down is receiving £20M from the UK govt. and £0.5M from the US govt. to find a vaccine. Tbh, that doesn't seem very much to me.

Why would they need money, what would they do with it, they are already a government research facility. It’s not as though they need to go out and buy new equipment as it’s already there.

30 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Bat soup.

I'll pass thanks.

I saw on TV why bats make such great reservoirs for disease.  They have a really high metabolism which means that they have a really high core temperature which prevents viruses from harming them.  Add to that the fact that they often live in huge colonies, perfect for transmitting disease and for creating mutations.  Don't mess with bats.

Sunbeds.  That's the answer.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Purely *anecdotal but there seemed a lot more cars out today than same time last week.

* As seen today around Whetstone, Littlethorpe, Cosby, Blaby, Glen Parva

People get bored  - my 24 y o hasn’t been out for nearly two weeks ..... he cracked this afternoon and went out at 4pm saying he was going for a drive.  I pointed out that he wasn’t allowed to do that so he ended up going to Sainsbury’s and buying some rice !  If people are staying away from others then it’s probably not an issue but I suspect they probably aren’t. ........