Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

No Covid jobs for me today, responding on the car.

2 calls to people having fits, an elderly fall, a diabetic problem and a young mum who hanged herself. :(

Fair play for doing that job, I couldn’t. I’ve got a mate who’s a paramedic and I think this is starting to get to him.

15 minutes ago, Parafox said:

2 calls to people having fits, an elderly fall, a diabetic problem and a young mum who hanged herself. :(

I've been enjoying your recent posts on this thread, but was it really necessary to share that detail? 

I dunno. I know you've not disclosed personal details but even so, seems a bit distasteful to share - even anonymously - someone's appalling end like that.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Purely *anecdotal but there seemed a lot more cars out today than same time last week.

* As seen today around Whetstone, Littlethorpe, Cosby, Blaby, Glen Parva

I've also been getting a sense that people are slowly getting fed up and starting to venture out.  

I personally don't think there is a chance any lockdown will hold if pushed in to the summer.

Positive news so far about the Nightingale hospitals:

London is only treating 19 people out of a capacity of 4,000 as established hospitals are coping:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8218299/Londons-Nightingale-Hospital-sits-19-coronavirus-patients-treated-Easter.html

North East Nightingale might not be needed at all:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-washington-nightingale-hospital-may-never-open-says-nhs-chief-11973159

Also read somewhere that the Birmingham Nightingale has had no patients so far but can't find the link.

Hope this continues.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, murphy said:

I'll pass thanks.

I saw on TV why bats make such great reservoirs for disease.  They have a really high metabolism which means that they have a really high core temperature which prevents viruses from harming them.  Add to that the fact that they often live in huge colonies, perfect for transmitting disease and for creating mutations.  Don't mess with bats.

Sunbeds.  That's the answer.  :thumbup:

Whack your heating up.

13 hours ago, Strokes said:

We don’t know for sure at this moment, it depends on the precise details of the end game. If we don’t get hit by a second wave because of the volume of infected and are able to get on with rebuilding the economy, those that locked down early may come to regret it. There is more at stake than just lives lost caused by the virus itself, and until the pandemic is over, evaluating errors or congratulating perceived victories will most likely be premature.

Its in the hands of people far more informed than anyone on this board and hopefully they know what they are doing.

Highly unlikely that the current wave of suffering will have any effect on the possibility of future waves. If the current confirmed number of infections at ~ 90k is only 10% of the true number, that yields less than 1m, which will not make much difference from a herd immunity perspective.

It would need to be ten times that at ~ 10m to have much effect, and even then probably not a huge difference to the current wave. I don’t think anyone except the Oxford lot thinks the actual vs confirmed rate is as high as 100, and that study seems to be pretty much discredited.

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Cant say it often enough. You are a hero. Please keep up your hard work the nation is totally supporting you 💙💙💙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Positive news so far about the Nightingale hospitals:

London is only treating 19 people out of a capacity of 4,000 as established hospitals are coping:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8218299/Londons-Nightingale-Hospital-sits-19-coronavirus-patients-treated-Easter.html

North East Nightingale might not be needed at all:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-washington-nightingale-hospital-may-never-open-says-nhs-chief-11973159

Also read somewhere that the Birmingham Nightingale has had no patients so far but can't find the link.

Hope this continues.  

I'd just like to add that Nightingale is only treating so few patients because they can't staff it, like I said they wouldn't be able to a few weeks ago. The place is a bit of a PR stunt by Barts Trust and the government. They were never going to be able to staff it. Their capacity is not 4000, its not even 400.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

So, global pandemic. You need international coordination. Trump stops funding the World Health Organization. Why. Why condemn more people to death.

Does the WHO need taking on after all this about why it was parroting Chinese lies in January? Absolutely. 

Is Trump the man to do it? Absolutely not given he took it as seriously as they did.

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I've been enjoying your recent posts on this thread, but was it really necessary to share that detail? 

I dunno. I know you've not disclosed personal details but even so, seems a bit distasteful to share - even anonymously - someone's appalling end like that.

I think when @parafox shared his corona patient experience he said that posting it here was somehow helpful.  Cathartic or therapeutic.  If it helps, we should encourage it, not discourage it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If anybody is looking to kill a bit of time in the next few weeks (or months) i've published a quiz book about the club with questions from this century. The questions vary in difficulty so it's not too easy and hopefully not too challenging either. Here's the link (there's also a kindle version available).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quiz-Book-Leicester-Football-Century/dp/B086PLNN41/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=leicester+city+21st+century+quiz&qid=1586940166&s=books&sr=1-2

7 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I'd just like to add that Nightingale is only treating so few patients because they can't staff it, like I said they wouldn't be able to a few weeks ago. The place is a bit of a PR stunt by Barts Trust and the government. They were never going to be able to staff it. Their capacity is not 4000, its not even 400.

A woman at work has said this morning that her sister is going to work at a Nightingale, she usually works in the private health care sector in what she called 'respiratory care'. 

She has been told that she has to make a will first, and talk to her children about it. 

Hopefully they will be able to take at least some of the pressure of you guys 

• Sad 2