Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Very very sad. Growing up the child of a heroic mother will be scant consolation. Some of the Twitter traffic, trying to score points of the back of this makes me quite nauseous 

I've not seen it and quite frankly don't want to :(

• Like 2

I really can’t see us waiting until daily deaths drop to 50 to ease lockdown. That’s surely a long way off.  I would have thought that as long as the tracing app is working and the testing environment will support 100k/day, then if the NHS is coping with demand on it with plenty of headroom (sorry for sounding technical on a subject that basically mean people are dying) then relaxation do the lockdown is going to happen. Still think w/c 11 may will see all shops allowed to reopen with face masks required. whether they do is another matter. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I really can’t see us waiting until daily deaths drop to 50 to ease lockdown. That’s surely a long way off.  I would have thought that as long as the tracing app is working and the testing environment will support 100k/day, then if the NHS is coping with demand on it with plenty of headroom (sorry for sounding technical on a subject that basically mean people are dying) then relaxation do the lockdown is going to happen. Still think w/c 11 may will see all shops allowed to reopen with face masks required. whether they do is another matter. 

I think the direction of travel is different.

I think the public are becoming conditioned to 1,000 deaths a day. And the hospitals are coping with that number.

I think there's a shift to conditioning the public that this thing is here to stay like measles or diptheria or TB used to be. An occupational hazard of life.  

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Has anyone heard what's happened to those 2 9ickheads that were caught licking fruit & veg in a Sainsbury's, i'll assume they have been charged & sentenced by now but can't seem to find anything online.

If I remember correctly (and if it's the same people) I think they were caught and arrested. 

55 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Food shop from tesco etc. Do they just leave all the bags at your door and walk off?

Pretty much, yes. Depending on which shop though they may leave the crates at your door for you to unpack and then pick them up when you're finished. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If I remember correctly (and if it's the same people) I think they were caught and arrested. 

Yeah that'll be them but just interested to see what they got, if under 18 was it a slap on the wrist or if over just court costs & don't do it again? Maybe 8 days or what ever it's been not long enough to turn them around in court & charges still pending..ohh well fingers crossed for the right result.

If you go back to what the ‘experts’ said: the peak around the easter weekend and total of around 20000 deaths. The aim was to flatten the curve so that the nhs could cope. They reassessed the situation and changed the the response once they understood the rate of infection.

turns out funnily enough they may be right. Who’d have thought.

caveats being pressure on the frontline nhs staff and as always eternal thanks; secondly the protection in care homes; I saw the reality with my parents a few years ago and it’s terrible really the quality of care.

<-----Direction of travel----->            

-----------------------Handling the future unknowns---------------> The Government dealing with all of this

<---Discussing in critical detail what they knew best---- The MSM (Piers, Laura, Robert et al), twitter etc and embarrassingly (again) "Sir" Keir Starmer

Edited by Dirkster the Fox

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I see your point. I wasn't trying to be sensationalist or graphic. I apologise if that post affected or offended. It wasn't my intention. I just posted what I did in one shift with no Covid to show that other tragic things still happen. 

I didn't mean to have a pop. Far from it.

It was a horrible story and my gut reaction was not wanting to have heard it. 

Keep up the good work and keep posting. I generally enjoy your updates and insight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do people really think their righteous indignation will trump (sorry) capital drivers with regard to China? :blink:

Many first world countries have driven their manufacturing sector over a cliff in pursuit of capitalism, so there are very few blows that can be landed.

Countries will change, lean manufacture and automation will drive it and it'll be no more expensive to manufacture in this country as it is in China, the days of working for a bowl of rice are coming to an end.. I don't think it'll be too long until american companies start to pull the plug on china, especially if Trump stays in charge.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

The Gang of Four, who've helped spearhead the Misinformation Revolution that directs the Red, White and Blue Guards.

I just dont see how trump doesn’t win in the autumn ..... never has a party ever been so blatant with its lies and deceit (and stupidity) .... at least half the Americans will take it in .....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I see your point. I wasn't trying to be sensationalist or graphic. I apologise if that post affected or offended. It wasn't my intention. I just posted what I did in one shift with no Covid to show that other tragic things still happen. 

Which shows the difference in a job like yours to what other people experience . You're probably more hardened to the realities of life. Fair play.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I think most of us understood that, and we are all eternally grateful for what you are doing for us all ❤️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Countries will change, lean manufacture and automation will drive it and it'll be no more expensive to manufacture in this country as it is in China, the days of working for a bowl of rice are coming to an end.. I don't think it'll be too long until american companies start to pull the plug on china, especially if Trump stays in charge.

Indeed, and China will become India or Brazil, and then Brazil will become Botswana...and then we will all  live on the Moon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I just dont see how trump doesn’t win in the autumn ..... never has a party ever been so blatant with its lies and deceit (and stupidity) .... at least half the Americans will take it in .....

Trump might come across as a dickhead to the rest of us but he's doing what he always said he would do, put America first, bit by bit given the chance. It's no coincidence that the US  virtually destroyed the image of VW, gave a big FU to the Paris climate agreement, banned border crossings using the virus as an excuse. He will win in the autumn.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Trump might come across as a dickhead to the rest of us but he's doing what he always said he would do, put America first, bit by bit given the chance. It's no coincidence that the US  virtually destroyed the image of VW, gave a big FU to the Paris climate agreement, banned border crossings using the virus as an excuse. He will win in the autumn.

He has convinced the republican electorate that whatever the press say is fake and biased in favour of the democrats.  he doesn’t have to convince that many of the middle ground and he wins .....

Edited by st albans fox

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was there a reason behind France's jump in deaths today?

Apparently late reporting due to Easter.  We should brace for a horrible number tomorrow ourselves.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200415-covid-19-france-reports-1438-deaths-in-24-hours-a-sharp-increase-due-to-unreported-deaths-from-the-easter-weekend

Edited by murphy

26 minutes ago, murphy said:

Apparently late reporting due to Easter.  We should brace for a horrible number tomorrow ourselves.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200415-covid-19-france-reports-1438-deaths-in-24-hours-a-sharp-increase-due-to-unreported-deaths-from-the-easter-weekend

Ahh right I see. Can't wait to see that number splashed everywhere just in time for the weekend then :(