Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Most stations have 'spit kits' available so they can take a sample for analysis / DNA checks. Not sure if that happened in this case. I work in the rail industry and dickheads spitting at staff is very common.

Sadly,  as a bus driver I know how common it is.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

You would have to prove that she didn't come into contact with anybody else with corona in the 3 weeks previous, which would be impossible. It was a cvnty thing to do and the guy deserves some sort of punishment but I don't see how anyone can prove it was murder.

Agree. But would be nice if the spitter died a slow death in agony though

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I was thinking manslaughter at the very least?! 

She doesn't have coronavirus. 

She gets spat at. 

She contracts coronavirus. 

She dies 

Obviously we don't know any other finer details but if she has died form Covid-19 surely it's that guys fault who spat at her, knowing full well he had the virus?! 

So sad though regardless :(

Not condoning it in any way. The guy deserves to be lethally injected. But if they do find him, unless they test him and he has it still, only a positive antibody test could give the prosecution any chance of finding him guilty?? Which isn’t available currently? 

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

True. Although in situations where people pop to visit someone in their local park, what happens then if they need the loo and their friends house is just around the corner? I do accept though that the temptation would be a lot less than if they are already in someones garden, but I am pretty sure it will happen. 

Well you can't visit someone in their own garden but according to the BBC

The new regulation confirms that garden centres can open - and that people can visit estate agents and view homes they want to buy or rent.

Seems utterly mad to allow strangers into your house to look around who may well ne infected but not know it. I wouldn't want anyone looking round my house right now and I'm not sure I would want to view someone else's house either.

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52616071

Will be interesting to see what they try this guy for if they catch him (a woman working at a train station died of covid after a man who claimed to have it spat at her).

It's impossible to prove in court whether she actually died from him spitting at her or not, but I still think there should be a strong case for attempted murder.

This is awful. Disgusting.

As you say, no one can prove where she contracted covid and it is everywhere during a pandemic.  I think the most that he can be charged with is assault.

Regardless of the legal standing, if they catch this guy, the real punishment will come when he is publicly outed.  His life will be in tatters.

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52616071

Will be interesting to see what they try this guy for if they catch him (a woman working at a train station died of covid after a man who claimed to have it spat at her).

It's impossible to prove in court whether she actually died from him spitting at her or not, but I still think there should be a strong case for attempted murder.

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm no legal eagle but it does seem that this falls pretty squarely in the sphere of manslaughter. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though.

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

You would have to prove that she didn't come into contact with anybody else with corona in the 3 weeks previous, which would be impossible. It was a cvnty thing to do and the guy deserves some sort of punishment but I don't see how anyone can prove it was murder.

25 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is awful. Disgusting.

As you say, no one can prove where she contracted covid and it is everywhere during a pandemic.  I think the most that he can be charged with is assault.

Regardless of the legal standing, if they catch this guy, the real punishment will come when he is publicly outed.  His life will be in tatters.

No way woud this fella be legally guilty of the kind of charge we would all want him done under .....but I would be virtually certain that any jury would find him guilty of any charge brought against him. So we would all be happy but at some point, an appeal would come before a judge who would set the judgement aside and the arsehole would in effect get off. 

So the pragmatic call by the cps is to bring a charge which won’t be overturned on appeal. Whatever charge they bring is bound to be carried by a jury.

44 minutes ago, reynard said:

The new regulation confirms that garden centres can open - and that people can visit estate agents and view homes they want to buy or rent.

Seems utterly mad to allow strangers into your house to look around who may well ne infected but not know it. I wouldn't want anyone looking round my house right now and I'm not sure I would want to view someone else's house either.

We’re in the process of buying a house. We’re currently renting. I’ve had an email this evening from the Estate agent we’re buying through, who also have a rental department. It was a standard email, which suggested that they were looking to find some clarity as to what the rules were regarding house viewings. 

Not a chance anyone is entering the property I currently rent until we are out of it. 

57 minutes ago, reynard said:

6 minutes ago, stix said:

We’re in the process of buying a house. We’re currently renting. I’ve had an email this evening from the Estate agent we’re buying through, who also have a rental department. It was a standard email, which suggested that they were looking to find some clarity as to what the rules were regarding house viewings. 

Not a chance anyone is entering the property I currently rent until we are out of it. 

Interesting. Hadn't noticed or told that about the new guidance. And given I work in Housing that's surprising. 

We've done well with moving things digitally considering how quickly things changed. But like above there's not a chance I'd be comfortable with changing back to showing people around our houses just yet. And maybe not even in a few more months either. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting. Hadn't noticed or told that about the new guidance. And given I work in Housing that's surprising. 

We've done well with moving things digitally considering how quickly things changed. But like above there's not a chance I'd be comfortable with changing back to showing people around our houses just yet. And maybe not even in a few more months either. 

Regarding my last point, it’s just not happening. I wouldn’t have an issue with taking lots of decent photographs of the property and even the surrounding areas to send to the letting agents, so that they could create a detailed portfolio. I’d even measure up if they wanted it. But that’s as far as I’d go. I’m not supposed to be entering anybody else’s house, so as long as I’m paying the rent, nobody is coming into this one either. 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know. I can't understand the logic of it. Trying to sell my elderly mother's house since January. At present under these new rules I can't go and see her in her garden but estate agents can troop people through the house (as long as she says yes obviously).

34 minutes ago, stix said:

Not a chance anyone is entering the property I currently rent until we are out of it

Well I might have misread it but it seems clear that people can now leave their homes to view property to buy or rent. Neither would I.

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well I might have misread it but it seems clear that people can now leave their homes to view property to buy or rent. Neither would I.

Could be if the property is already empty. I’ve not read it though tbh. 

16 minutes ago, stix said:

Could be if the property is already empty. I’ve not read it though tbh. 

Nothing personal but posting stuff like that is no better then the scaremongering the press are doing 

here’s the legislation as posted here https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/500/pdfs/uksi_20200500_en.pdf

“(l) to undertake any of the following activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property—
(i) visiting estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes;
(ii) viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or rent;
(iii) preparing a residential property to move in;
(iv) moving home;
(v) visiting a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property;”;

50 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Nothing personal but posting stuff like that is no better then the scaremongering the press are doing 

here’s the legislation as posted here https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/500/pdfs/uksi_20200500_en.pdf

“(l) to undertake any of the following activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property—
(iv) moving home;
(v) visiting a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property;”;

What the **** are you talking about? I hadn’t read or heard anything at that time. And the week before the lockdown, and during most of it too, My solicitor was working under the guidelines that a house move could only take place if the property was currently empty. Because exchange of contracts and completion would have had to be done on the same day. 

Scaremongering?? 

Edited by stix

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Very unlikely IMO that the number of deaths directly caused by the lockdown (additional suicides, domestic violence related, etc) as appalling as they are, would be anywhere near sufficient to account for the missing excess deaths.

Also some (perhaps most) additional suicides would be as likely to be caused by economic stress as by the stress of being cooped up indoors, missing human contact, etc. The economy would be hit with or without the lockdown as confidence by consumers plummeted, and jobs would be lost anyway. Arguably, if there had been no lockdown and a consequently much greater epidemic, hospitals overrun, etc, the economy would have been hit harder.

Collateral damage due to people not getting treatment for serious health problems is most likely caused by them being too scared to go to hospital. Again, this would be even more pronounced had there been a worse epidemic due to no lockdown.

Finally, there are many deaths that are not occurring with the lockdown in place, due to street crime, traffic and other outdoors accidents, etc. Deaths due to flu are likely to be have been reduced by the distancing measures.

If anything, the excess deaths downplays the overall Covid 19 impact. It is far more significant than yearly variations as you can see from the charts in the link below. IMO it’s the best guide we have, though no doubt in the future statisticians will be able to pick through the figures to refine what information is available.

https://www.ft.com/content/40fc8904-febf-4a66-8d1c-ea3e48bbc034      Link not working

https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f8-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

The excess deaths are due to Covid 19, not the lockdown IMO.

I agree with all of this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

(iv) moving home;

Huh? How is it scaremongering lol

Stix is worried about inviting people in to his house, strangers no less. Totally warranted. Then you've listed some things which are allowed under new legislation but why would that change how Stix would feel?! 

9 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Absolutely sod letting someone you don't know in to your house when I haven't seen my mum for over 2 months and she still isn't allowed in.

Agree. Standard case of Money over People. Who would have believed it? :rolleyes:

Edited by SecretPro

NHS England want the big trusts to keep their drastically expanded critical care footprints. 2nd surge expected in the Summer. Preparing for winter to be much worse than April with cold weather, covid and flu pressures. We could be spending Xmas in lockdown ffs.

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

NHS England want the big trusts to keep their drastically expanded critical care footprints. 2nd surge expected in the Summer. Preparing for winter to be much worse than April with cold weather, covid and flu pressures. We could be spending Xmas in lockdown ffs.

I was all ready to attack the day in a positive mood... Might just go back to bed now lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I was told this by someone who works for the NHS too, hopefully it’s precautionary worse case scenario. Still doesn’t sound great does it?