Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

9 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Absolutely sod letting someone you don't know in to your house when I haven't seen my mum for over 2 months and she still isn't allowed in.

You've got to though, by law. The government have decreed it as part of their deep thought out plan. Construction back on Monday, knock a few houses out, estate agents back Wednesday, flog them, by Friday everything sorted and back to normal. It's part of their 3rd 5 stage plan. 

25 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

NHS England want the big trusts to keep their drastically expanded critical care footprints. 2nd surge expected in the Summer. Preparing for winter to be much worse than April with cold weather, covid and flu pressures. We could be spending Xmas in lockdown ffs.

They were taking an awful lot of beds out of UCLH the other day so I assume they are allowing themselves a month or two off expanded ITU’s and a return to operating theatres being what they were designed to be ........

24 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

NHS England want the big trusts to keep their drastically expanded critical care footprints. 2nd surge expected in the Summer. Preparing for winter to be much worse than April with cold weather, covid and flu pressures. We could be spending Xmas in lockdown ffs.

Expect the worst, hope for the best. :(

Do not find that surprising though, no idea how "we" fix this without an adaptation of current behaviours.

Might as well lock the 4 nations down, nothing in and out for a year except trade....:blink:

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

You've got to though, by law. The government have decreed it as part of their deep thought out plan. Construction back on Monday, knock a few houses out, estate agents back Wednesday, flog them, by Friday everything sorted and back to normal. It's part of their 3rd 5 stage plan. 

This plans sounds hypersonic in terms of its deployment timetable:frantics:

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

News this morning headlined by big drop in GDP ..... Like it’s a surprise ...... 

Nearly as surprising as the huge drop in shoplifting!

• Haha 1

Just now, Strokes said:

Is it? How is it possible to maintain a safe distance if you can’t get in?

I work outside distributing leaflets for a printing company who are not answering the phone. They also owe me 2 weeks money and I've not earned a penny for 7 weeks.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I work outside distributing leaflets for a printing company who are not answering the phone. They also owe me 2 weeks money and I've not earned a penny for 7 weeks.

Shit, jokes aside then. I hope it gets sorted soon for you.

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I was told this by someone who works for the NHS too, hopefully it’s precautionary worse case scenario. Still doesn’t sound great does it?

I think it's preparing for it all. This winter could be utterly dreadful to be quite honest. 

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I heard on the news that the self employed can claim today. I registered last week but according to the website you can't claim till 15th may. Am I missing something? I must admit I find the government gateway website baffling to say the least.

I thought it was today too. Even Martin Lewis on one of his shows last week. Could claim today and potentially get paid within 6 working days, so by next Friday apparently. That was the message given from government at that time... 

13 hours ago, stix said:

We’re in the process of buying a house. We’re currently renting. I’ve had an email this evening from the Estate agent we’re buying through, who also have a rental department. It was a standard email, which suggested that they were looking to find some clarity as to what the rules were regarding house viewings. 

Not a chance anyone is entering the property I currently rent until we are out of it. 

10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Absolutely sod letting someone you don't know in to your house when I haven't seen my mum for over 2 months and she still isn't allowed in.

I remember renting over 10 years ago when the landlord put our house up for sale. Most of time we were fine with people coming around as long as they give us notice.

Once we said no as we would be out the night before and still living the pseudo student lifestyle but offered any other time that week.

So we were all hanging out of our arses, there were also sleeping bodies and cans everywhere when we heard the door open. Thinking it was someone back from a dirty stop out, all I heard from my ground floor bedroom was 'So to the left is the first bathroom, very handy for guests....' . The estate agent went through the whole house regardelss, even with people in beds, what value do you get out of that experience when you are trying to sell? lol

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Preparing being the keyword. It would be pretty daft for hospitals to return everything to how it was, then a second surge does happen and they're screwed. It's now looking possible that we'll have the ChAdOx1 vaccine by Christmas. I am sceptical that any second wave would be worse than what we've experienced over the past few weeks although I have no faith that a second wave can be avoided. Look at the efforts south korea are having to go through to stamp out that Seoul cluster, we simply don't have the facilities and capability to do that.  

I'm still confused as to why the government have not issued a statement about wearing a face mask because to me that's how we get out of this mess. This R value buzz word is about transmission, not about catching the virus, so to get a R0 value  you need to stop the transmission. If everyone wore a face mask, how can the virus be passed to someone else.

• Like 2

Just watching a programme on Sky News about the handling of care home through the pandemic. Sounds like an utter bungling fiasco by the authorities. Possibly infected, untested patients being transferred from hospitals to care homes who have insufficient PPE to cope.

Utterly shocking.

20 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yeah.

Excess deaths means more than this time over an average of the past 5 years.

The reason excess deaths is more useful because it shows there's also been about 14,000 indirect deaths from the virus/lockdown on top of the 36,000 or so directly from the virus.

It's only a rough estimate but it shows how many extra than you'd expect are dying on top of those who've died from the virus for other reasons such as not getting treatment for illnesses, people too scared to go to hospital, related to the rise in suicide and domestic violence etc.

So it means exactly what it says - 50,000 people more than you're typically expected to die have died within about the 6-8 weeks up to the end of April, which is pretty horrific.

It is worth pointing out that this is not the time of year we typically get a big virus outbreak, that is more normally in Dec-Jan, where spikes like this were seen in 98-99 and 99-00 when no one really mentioned it at all.  Obviously that is compared to the impact here including lockdown, but that assume lockdown actually works, which is up for debate vs say social distancing alone.

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Hi,

Got informed on Sunday, that I tested negative - thankfully.

Thanks.

Just to add: an email from the government.

Dear ******* ****

Your Covid-19 test has come back NEGATIVE. You don’t have the virus at this time.

You can stop self-isolating. Return to work if you haven’t had a fever for 48 hours and feel well.

If someone in your household tested positive and you had no symptoms on day of testing, you must self-isolate for 14 days from the onset of the first person’s symptoms, or 7 days if you did have symptoms on day of testing.

15 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Just watching a programme on Sky News about the handling of care home through the pandemic. Sounds like an utter bungling fiasco by the authorities. Possibly infected, untested patients being transferred from hospitals to care homes who have insufficient PPE to cope.

Utterly shocking.

'take it on the chin' 

'let it pass through' 

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Just to add: an email from the government.

Dear ******* ****

Your Covid-19 test has come back NEGATIVE. You don’t have the virus at this time.

You can stop self-isolating. Return to work if you haven’t had a fever for 48 hours and feel well.

If someone in your household tested positive and you had no symptoms on day of testing, you must self-isolate for 14 days from the onset of the first person’s symptoms, or 7 days if you did have symptoms on day of testing.

Wow, says it all that this is on the third line of someone's test results. Madness.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

I heard on the news that the self employed can claim today. I registered last week but according to the website you can't claim till 15th may. Am I missing something? I must admit I find the government gateway website baffling to say the least.

Some people today, some tomorrow mines on Friday so there must be different bands someone at work got around 6k

• Like 1