Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Useful to know after 9 weeks of lockdown that actually if you had childcare difficulties you could just drive round to your parents’ house.

What would you regarding childcare if you tested positive, knowing the possible implications? Left the child on its own or found help?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I wish you were my daughter's teacher, she's 13 and we've really struggled to get any work for her from the school. Mind you her Home Ec teacher is pretty good,, he's made videos for them to follow. It's just a shame it's meant we've needed to go shopping more often than we would have! 

Glad I'm not the only one Deb. Thought I was going mad. :mellow:

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I wish you were my daughter's teacher, she's 13 and we've really struggled to get any work for her from the school. Mind you her Home Ec teacher is pretty good,, he's made videos for them to follow. It's just a shame it's meant we've needed to go shopping more often than we would have! 

Can't comment on secondary to be fair, not my area.

But I know my school (and my partners, who is also a teacher at a different school) have been setting learning packs each week for the children to follow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

Can't comment on secondary to be fair, not my area.

But I know my school (and my partners, who is also a teacher at a different school) have been setting learning packs each week for the children to follow.

My school have an app that we log into and presumably view the work.

Only trouble is, the login details I’ve been given do not work and despite several emails ‘IT’ have not helped.

31 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Has a Prime Minister ever stood in front of the nation and lost such credibility in one go?

He’s screwed up from start to finish and if you can’t see that then you never will and are most likely letting political allegiance cloud your judgement. Johnson needs to go now - genuinely don’t think anyone could do a worse job even stepping in mid-pandemic.

Really? 

1D7FA1FD-8E07-4D3E-91B0-507CCBF2D65E.jpeg

Guest ttfn
22 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What would you regarding childcare if you tested positive, knowing the possible implications? Left the child on its own or found help?

I’d have looked after the child if I wasn’t at death’s door. Just like I am imagining hundreds of people all over the country would do.

If I was in bed, my wife would have looked after him. If we were both incapacitated we would have got a relative to help.

Were both Cummings and his wife incapacitated? Obviously not given that Cummings managed to drive 250 miles to Durham. If he was so ill he couldn’t look after his son he was in no condition to be driving 250 miles to Durham.

If Cummings’ son has a condition that we don’t know about that’s different. But in that situation I don’t see how driving 4 hours in the car with at least one Ill person is the smart thing to do. 

Edited by ttfn

25 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Our 13yo has been inundated with work throughout! We have a homework app that the work gets sent through. I mean it’s ridiculous, some of the work has been coming through after midnight at times!! 

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

I’d have looked after the child if I wasn’t at death’s door. Just like I am imagining hundreds of people all over the country would do.

If I was in bed, my wife would have looked after him. If we were both incapacitated we would have got a relative to help.

Were both Cummings and his wife incapacitated?

You cannot be so reactive! If you are fine on day #1 and days 2, 3 and 4, you feel yourself getting worse and worse. Should you wait until you are fully incapacitated, unable to seek help. Maybe it’s a lie and he deserves all he gets, But on the off chance it’s true, you certainly cannot afford to “wait and see” I would argue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Were both Cummings and his wife incapacitated? Obviously not given that Cummings managed to drive 250 miles to Durham. If he was so ill he couldn’t look after his son he was in no condition to be driving 250 miles to Durham.

If Cummings’ son has a condition that we don’t know about that’s different. But in that situation I don’t see how driving 4 hours in the car with at least one Ill person is the smart thing to do. 

Where does your relative live? 

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Is sticking a kid in a small metal box for 6 hours with one, if not too symptomatic adults consistent with best scientific advice ? 

Good point, so what’s your suggestion?

Just now, stix said:

Our 13yo has been inundated with work throughout! We have a homework app that the work gets sent through. I mean it’s ridiculous, some of the work has been coming through after midnight at times!! 

Share it between them? 😉 I'm guessing not at SWHS? 

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Where does your relative live? 

Absolutely irrelevant. The guidance is clear. Isolate if you’re ill.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Good point, so what’s your suggestion?

Get the relative to pick the kid up rather than take it yourself if if is a real possibility that the child cannot be cared for at home 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Thanks 1

Someone will have to educate me. If his influence with Brexit is so great and so required, why are prominent Leavers calling for him to go?

I didn't want to go into this but I've read a lot that he's crucial to all this yet can't understand why vocal Leavers don't want him involved.

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Share it between them? 😉 I'm guessing not at SWHS? 

No ours are at WA. The app name has recently changed, but it used to be called Show My Homework. It’s pretty good actually. I’m surprised SW don’t have something similar. 

Guest ttfn

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

And the child?

Stays with you, obviously. We’re just about to send millions of children back to school, it’s clear that the government doesn’t think this is going to be a big issue for kids. What has everybody else in the country been doing when they get ill, popping round their folks’?

I cannot understand this. He broke the guidelines. Call it a sacking offence, don’t call it a sacking offence, I don’t care. But pretending this is all fine because of a series of hypotheticals which never came to pass is preposterous.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The thing about the Barnard castle walk is that it was after the 14 day isolation was up and driving thirty miles for a walk was not encouraged but it also wasn’t a crime.  The reported second journey to Durham around the 19th would be a larger issue