Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Whatever you think politically...this just isn't going to end well, at all.

They also let out that up to 25% of year 10 and 12 will go back to school on June 15th. By my rough maths that's about a total of 50-100 kids in per day. 

But they're all likely to be 15+ and able to grasp the social distancing and safety needed. It's better than primary children who have no chance of distancing. 

Everything about this easing of lockdown is so backwards and I just hope that the second wave is managed and doesn't result in more unnecessary deaths.

We're now well into football stadium levels of deaths. 

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The public have every right to know what he thinks about it. It'd be very, very weird if they didn't ask him.

Completely right mate; but we spent the entire briefing yesterday, the hour of cummings interview and another briefing today of solely questions on this.

They can clearly see they aren't answering outside of the answers they've given continually, so why not ask about the Phase 2 progress and what that entails. 

• Like 3

others have suggested it along the way but this topic could well do with having some sub-topics.

"no political discussion" is fine but the things are so intertwined it's not possible to have no political discussion.

Criticism or praise of the government's handling of the situation is a valid talking point, but perhaps should be separate from the science/social effects of coronavirus.

Considering that coronavirus is without question the biggest event in (most of) our lifetimes and may go on for a prolonged period of time I think the mods should consider some separate discussions.

Coronavirus

> Science and social effects including statistics and trends

> Government (UK and other) response

> Personal and mental health 

(these are just suggestions - I'm sure there are plenty of better ones)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

They also let out that up to 25% of year 10 and 12 will go back to school on June 15th. By my rough maths that's about a total of 50-100 kids in per day. 

But they're all likely to be 15+ and able to grasp the social distancing and safety needed. It's better than primary children who have no chance of distancing. 

Everything about this easing of lockdown is so backwards and I just hope that the second wave is managed and doesn't result in more unnecessary deaths.

Years 5 & 6 are quite capable of social distancing, don’t get reception and years 2 and 3 though. :dunno:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Years 5 & 6 are quite capable of social distancing, don’t get reception and years 2 and 3 though. :dunno:

my boy is year 4 and has gone back last week as a "key worker child". He's quite capable of social distancing for the most part.

It is a bit dystopian watching him queue up to be zapped with the thermometer before going in but it hasn't bothered him. He's loved being back! And to tell the truth, so have I!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Completely right mate; but we spent the entire briefing yesterday, the hour of cummings interview and another briefing today of solely questions on this.

They can clearly see they aren't answering outside of the answers they've given continually, so why not ask about the Phase 2 progress and what that entails. 

But this issue is critical to moving forward because if the public don't have confidence in the government's approach - and start ignoring it - then we're really going to struggle to get into that.

Just now, stripeyfox said:

my boy is year 4 and has gone back last week as a "key worker child". He's quite capable of social distancing for the most part.

It is a bit dystopian watching him queue up to be zapped with the thermometer before going in but it hasn't bothered him. He's loved being back! And to tell the truth, so have I!

My boy is year 6 and is desperate to see his friends before the head out to Secondary. Swear he would run away if we tried to say he couldn’t return

You  are likely right about years 4 and maybe 3, but I cannot remember that far back anymore   lol

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Have you any concerns about him being back at school, 

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think you’re missing the point that this is a multi-faceted issue.

This is not as simple as bloke jumping in a car and driving to Durham. If it was then it wouldn’t be high on the agenda for the media right now. It’s about a government undermining it’s own advice, showing contempt for the general public, lying and deceiving at will, breaking all convention to protect the interests of a few key individuals.

How this issue is handled has ramifications for how they lead us (both through the virus and thereafter) and reveals dysfunctional leadership that could justifiably account for the unnecessary death of thousands.

The media are completely right to shine a light on this and then to make that light stronger and brighter when the reaction is not in the interest of the general public. If they don’t hold the government to account and standards then who does? You sat in your house? Or maybe you don’t think a government needs to be questioned.(in which case you’d love North Korea).

So as much as the government and those who will blindly put their faith in that government might want the agenda to move on, it’s completely fair and right it hasn’t. And in actual fact it will not make recovery from this any quicker/slower.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

But this issue is critical to moving forward because if the public don't have confidence in the government's approach - and start ignoring it - then we're really going to struggle to get into that.

Have some faith in people, even if we cannot in this unelected advisor. People should not need to be told how to live in this crisis (on the whole)

Guest Markyblue
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Have some faith in people, even if we cannot in this unelected advisor. People should not need to be told how to live in this crisis (on the whole)

Anyone using Cummings as an excuse to put themselves and others in peril are as bad as him.

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Primary Children in other lands have managed to understand.....

Plus corvid Bullying from older kids,will also be on the agenda,when teachers not around...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Have you any concerns about him being back at school, 

no, not really.

my wife works in the LRI daily with covid patients so he's much more likely to get it from her than from anyone at school (in my opinion)

Plus my other son was poorly in February with covid like symptoms (although we went to the doctor he wasn't tested - it was before it all kicked off). If he did have it then we've probably all had it.

I'll admit there is a risk, but not much of an additional one

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I do think if Corbyn was still in opposition Boris might have chucked Dom out, Keir probably is a genuine threat as the big status quo candidate 

5 months into a 5 year term .........if he’s that scared of starmer now then gawd elp im!

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree they shouldn't. Reality doesn't work like that though unfortunately, does it?

22 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Anyone using Cummings as an excuse to put themselves and others in peril are as bad as him.

What Boris and Cummins have forgotten.....Its Simply not the British thing,what they have allowed to linger,und Leaving a Bad Taste on the Governments antics.I

Its Simply Bad form...!!!

Do we honestly think the UK cares about what DC has done?

Looking at all the b/hol photos I think

red, yellow or blue

the general Public don’t give a poo

or are some going to tell me it’s because of DC That parks, beaches, beauty spots are rimmed with peeps.

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

red, yellow or blue

or are some going to tell me it’s because of DC That parks, beaches, beauty spots are rimmed with peeps.

At least now they can use the whole Cummings thing as an excuse eh. Hundreds at the beaches before all this but it will all be his fault from now. lol

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

red, yellow or blue

Yes.

For all the people you see at the parks/beaches, there's bound to be several more still in similar situations as they've been in the past 9 weeks. Unable to see their parents/grandparents/loved ones or unable to go to funerals as they usually would.

No-one would say it's because of him that they're all packed. They'd be pretty stupid to do so....

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

At least now they can use the whole Cummings thing as an excuse eh. Hundreds at the beaches before all this but it will all be his fault from now. lol

He's hardly helped the situation though has he?

It surely goes back to trust in the government at this moment in time in my opinion. It's no doubt dwindled in the past 2-3 days as this story has come out. 

• Like 3