Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Edited his own blogs last month as well to make it look as if coronavirus was something he had written/warned about... 

This, I would sack him for. Obviously he did not do it himself, but just means it is a collaborative deception.

Assuming confirmed under review...

Edited by Dahnsouff

It will be interesting to see if this is a short term dip or whether these ratings never return to their previous level over the next few years. 

EDIT: not really the thread for approval ratings, but this is where all the discussion of Cummings has been

Edited by theessexfox
Not the right thread

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

He's being a bell and trying to get us all to agree to not taking anymore holidays for the rest of the year because we're behind on orders. 

It went down like a lead balloon. lol

What an absolute chancer lol if he just has a word to ask to consider being somewhat stringent with length of holiday for now I could get that, flat out trying to coerce you out of holiday? I bet you wouldn’t have had any compensation out of it either, sounds like he got the earful he had coming!

My nature of work means WFH is possible, and with how cautious my company has been that could be the status quo for us until next year, situation dependent. They’ve been pretty accommodating since I started earlier in the year and very transparent since the pandemic started so I feel I’ve been rather lucky all things considered. 

I hope your boss comes back with an apology and change in strategy! 

13 hours ago, Strokes said:

Ah good job the leader of the opposition has never showed contempt for the British people, by supporting re-voting on a subject they had already voted on once, before the subject had been delivered. We would be in a right old sorry mess then wouldn’t we?

It is

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Edited his own blogs last month as well to make it look as if coronavirus was something he had written/warned about... 

We were always at war with EastAsia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

It will be interesting to see if this is a short term dip or whether these ratings never return to their previous level over the next few years. 

EDIT: not really the thread for approval ratings, but this is where all the discussion of Cummings has been

This is what happens when you're elected on the basis of removing 'unelected bureaucrats' and being the government of the British people and then you subsequently prove you're an unelected bureaucrat with zero shame or morals and you stick two fingers up to the British people. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

What an absolute chancer lol if he just has a word to ask to consider being somewhat stringent with length of holiday for now I could get that, flat out trying to coerce you out of holiday? I bet you wouldn’t have had any compensation out of it either, sounds like he got the earful he had coming!

My nature of work means WFH is possible, and with how cautious my company has been that could be the status quo for us until next year, situation dependent. They’ve been pretty accommodating since I started earlier in the year and very transparent since the pandemic started so I feel I’ve been rather lucky all things considered. 

I hope your boss comes back with an apology and change in strategy! 

Nope. And as for the last bit, no chance. He's a stubborn old bugger, no chance he'll just apologise. He'll pretend it never happened and move one. 

My place of work is usually great. They've been awesome looking after us through this mess and you have to give them credit. But they've completely and utterly misread the vibe in the room if they reckon they could pull this. We're here to help and we will, but there's a limit. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

Better than it was at the general election still?

3 minutes ago, Livid said:

The ‘Let’s move on’ brigade are irritating me a little. 

At what point does anyone become accountable for their actions ? 

When there is an inquest into the government’s handling of this whole pandemic and things start to get a little tough, are we all just going to be saying yeah tens of thousands dead, second highest number of  deaths on the planet ( I know some countries figures are disputable!) but we’re all a little bored of it now, let’s move on. :blink:

Bit different between assessing a whole government response to a pandemic and dragging a bloke through the mud repeatedly for what he supposedly did or didn’t do imo. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Bit different between assessing a whole government response to a pandemic and dragging a bloke through the mud repeatedly for what he supposedly did or didn’t do imo. 

Well he definitely did do it, because he admitted it on national television yesterday.

• Like 3

Without wanting to be too political, isn't this exactly what the people who detest the Tories could have hoped for? People are up in arms which is fair enough but if there weren't such glaringly high profile disasters such as this then it would be infinitely a lot harder to see the back of the very regime some people so passionately despise and may in the long run make the country better and safer? Also, funny how these people are prepared to adhere to rules from a party they cannot abide. I'm assuming the most vocal of people who have launched tirade after tirade have followed exactly what this abhorrent government instructed and they aren't guilty of breaking the very rules that they are so appalled about that Dominic Cummings has done. I'm personally bored to tears with it all, I seldom keep up to date as much as I used to on domestic and world affairs because of the bombardment of pettiness that is awash on social media. I have spent the last 10 weeks refusing to emerge from a library of 1990's football nostalgia.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Well he definitely did do it, because he admitted it on national television yesterday.

I took it to mean that the Government and it’s response to the pandemic must be separated from Dominic Cummings personal actions. A point that only a moron would contest surely?

31 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Yeah, he's the victim in all this.

A 60 mile round trip to to 'test your eyes' is the very minimum you desesrve to do. Poor bloody bloke.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I took it to mean that the Government and it’s response to the pandemic must be separated from Dominic Cummings personal actions. A point that only a moron would contest surely?

I don't really see how you can separate the two when he's the mouthpiece to the response; that's the piss-boiler. He's leading the response vocally but not in action. Even a hardened Tory like yourself must be able to see how the two are inextricably linked.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah, he's the victim in all this.

A 60 mile round trip to to 'test your eyes' is the very minimum you desesrve to do. Poor bloody bloke.

Trip to the castle is inexcusable but what is that to do with Government as a whole?

Just now, foxile5 said:

I don't really see how you can separate the two when he's the mouthpiece to the response; that's the piss-boiler. He's leading the response vocally but not in action. Even a hardened Tory like yourself must be able to see how the two are inextricably linked.

I don't think he's a Tory. Think he said he hasn't voted for them. Or didn't? 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

I am not a Tory at all, but I am able to separate any political leanings I may have from a specific situation, unlike your good self.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Trip to the castle is inexcusable but what is that to do with Government as a whole?

It's the government who set the rules. Part of which Cummings influenced. 

And then Cummings broke the rules/bent the rules. So then it reflects badly on the government. The lack of accountability for it all makes the government look worse (the sheer defence of his actions, no apology, no regret). 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't think he's a Tory. Think he said he hasn't voted for them. Or didn't? 

It would be impossible, Theresa is my MP lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

He's the mouthpiece to their agenda and is delivering the instructions for everyone else to not do it. He's literally the face of the pandemic response. If the bloke at the very public peak of the response isn't doing what he's telling everyone else to it all falls inward. 

• Like 2