Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

what constitutes a 'non-essential retail shop'?

Just seen they can all open from 15th June if meeting conditions in place.

Everything that isn’t Food,Drink, Hardware or Homeware basically 

So essentially every shop that isn’t open now excluding Hairdressers 

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hence I’ve personally advocated that if we just hold on a little longer, it gives the doctors time to understand it further 

This was one of my main reasons for wanting to go into lockdown earlier.

The fact that people in power are allowed to get away with such incredible absurdity, is why Trump(and Boris and Morrison) are where they are.... 

He also admitted they made a separate trip after his family’s 14-day period of isolation to Barnard Castle, a beauty spot 30 miles away from Durham, which he claimed was necessary to check his eyesight was good enough for the longer drive back to London.

:doh:  If ANYONE defends such stupidity... Trump et al are YOUR fault!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MattFox said:

Everything that isn’t Food,Drink, Hardware or Homeware basically 

So essentially every shop that isn’t open now excluding Hairdressers 

The likes of Wickes, B&Q & Homebase are already open. Ikea plan to open 19 store on June 1st as well. From listening to the radio on the way into work this morning it’s everything except Hairdressers, bars, pubs, restaurants etc. Hospitality industry basically. 

The regulation Cummings is leaning on was put in because of domestic and child abuse in the home. To say to people who felt their children were not safe could leave. It was not because of childcare crisis, it might lead to confusion but that was what it was for. (Jess Phillips MP)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, l444ry said:

The regulation Cummings is leaning on was put in because of domestic and child abuse in the home. To say to people who felt their children were not safe could leave. It was not because of childcare crisis, it might lead to confusion but that was what it was for. (Jess Phillips MP)

So it would have been ok if he gave them a whack first then?

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 2

Interesting news on June 15 for the other shops to open. I know M&S are keeping their staff on furlough until at least August so I’ll imagine that to buy clothes you’ll still have to queue through the food tills. Spirts Direct had a shambolic set up to start with so they’ll need to make big changes. Testing times still ahead. 

Sadly for the retail industry, I've grown quite used to not spending anything other than on food and given my concern something like this might happen again.

Same goes for pubs and restaurants. I'm quite enjoying keeping hold of the money right now, given that I'm not exactly in the most secure situation. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Sadly for the retail industry, I've grown quite used to not spending anything other than on food and given my concern something like this might happen again.

Same goes for pubs and restaurants. I'm quite enjoying keeping hold of the money right now, given that I'm not exactly in the most secure situation. 

Sensible!

• Like 1

I was getting bored witless with endless discussions of PPE, lockdown timing, tracking and tracing, etc etc.

After 40-50 pages of drivel over Dominic Cummings.

Can we please get back to endless discussions of PPE, lockdown timing, tracking and tracing, etc etc.    :)

24 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So after the slapdown the gaffer received at the end of last week he's now practicing strict social distancing. 2 hours in and he's nowhere to be found. Good call, people still pissed. lol

What actually happened? I remember you saying it kicked off big time but I didn’t see the follow up lol 

10 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

What actually happened? I remember you saying it kicked off big time but I didn’t see the follow up lol 

He's being a bell and trying to get us all to agree to not taking anymore holidays for the rest of the year because we're behind on orders. 

It went down like a lead balloon. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Likewise. I have been wanting to save up for some time for a new bathroom, and am pretty much there now. We have been spending more on good quality food though, but with not buying food at work and eating out it's still quite a bit less than we would have spent otherwise. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

One minister has resigned over it all... 

Fun fact: He's a qualified ref who officiated at the 2015 Scottish Cup final. The headlines write themselves.

Seriously though, good to see at least one member of the government showing they have a conscience.

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sad that a portion of the nation does not have appetite for political accountability cos ‘it’s boring’

As more evidence comes further in, repeatedly seeing that Cummings statement has a bunch of lies. In the process completely undermine the main rule ‘stop the spread’. When his poor child visited the hospital, we have the completion of a circle - spread the virus to another part of the country. 

As for his best mate Gove coming on today, chuffing hell talk about mudding the waters further. 

It'd be hysterical if this weren't a time of national crisis...

Michael Gove told LBC he had driven to check his eyesight, but he was "not an authority of driving" as it had taken him seven times to pass his test.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/michael-gove-driving-eyesight-cummings-baranard/

If anyone is still buying all these excuses, then I'd advise them never to make their email address public. There'll be a fair few "Nigerian princes" licking their lips at the prospect of some easy cash...

• Like 1