Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

He exercised his judgement but he said himself he had no symptoms but was worried as his colleagues had tested positive. His wife had been sick but had no covid symptoms, he made that clear in the q&a. 

With that in mind I still can't work out how driving across the country is reasonable use of judgement. 

Just now, RobHawk said:

He exercised his judgement but he said himself he had no symptoms but was worried as his colleagues had tested positive. His wife had been sick but had no covid symptoms, he made that clear in the q&a. 

With that in mind I still can't work out how driving across the country is reasonable use of judgement. 

It isn't reasonable judgement. Its just waffle and chicanery to see what sticks. 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Imagine being the tenth journo to ask your question only to witness the first 9 ask the same one. 

You've got to wonder of the competency of most of them. Surely they must've foresaw people asking similar questions prior to them, there's no point repeating the question. Did they expect him to go "**** it, you asked nicely so I'll tell you the truth". 

Surely any amount of common sense would've drawn them to thinking of different aspects to ask about?

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

No stop on the way up. No stop, save possibly for petrol on the way back

Sounds to me like he’s got a badly constipated toddler with a bladder the size of an elephant ! 

yeah when my kids where that age it would usually be less than 5 miles from setting out before the first "pit stop". A trip to Devon [or somewhere long distance] would require several rest stops. In fairness I suppose he did make the northbound journey in the evening (arriving around midnight) so I suppose the kid would have slept most if not all of the way

Edited by stripeyfox

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

No stop on the way up. No stop, save possibly for petrol on the way back

Sounds to me like he’s got a badly constipated toddler with a bladder the size of an elephant ! 

Remember this is a man famed for getting things done. If he needs to get something done he'll quite happily drive on the reserve tank until the petrol stations come to him.

Bet the Prime Minister is happy he held that national press conference in his back garden... After hearing things like: I was worried about my eyesight, so I strapped my family in the car and went for a long drive. What did he think was going to be the reaction? It's now brought his judgement into it in an even worse way.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

You've got to wonder of the competency of most of them. Surely they must've foresaw people asking similar questions prior to them, there's no point repeating the question. Did they expect him to go "**** it, you asked nicely so I'll tell you the truth". 

Surely any amount of common sense would've drawn them to thinking of different aspects to ask about?

They definitely didn't go in as hard as I expected seeing as it was so obvious he was lying.

I wonder if the order of questioning was put in place to stifle the journalists causing the repetition with the questions.

Having said that, I agree - you'd expect people in their profession to think of a new question on the spot if theirs was already taken. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

All he had to do was say sorry as soon as the story broke and this would've disappeared into the sunset.

Makes me wonder if this is a deliberate distraction from something else. 

It definitely wouldn't, it would have stayed for a few weeks or until he was sacked.

He's definitely lying though, that castle eyesight excuse is ridiculouslol

6 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

They definitely didn't go in as hard as I expected seeing as it was so obvious he was lying.

I wonder if the order of questioning was put in place to stifle the journalists causing the repetition with the questions.

Having said that, I agree - you'd expect people in their profession to think of a new question on the spot if theirs was already taken. 

The "big name" journalists all went first, all with a perfect opportunity to use a well thought out set of questions to jinx past Cummings defence and potentially use knowledge from sources to hit a nerve or actually find something of use out. 

All the lesser well known journalists had an opportunity to show themselves to have the ability to ask difficult questions or get some decent answers.

For me they all dropped the ball. Just as in the briefings where they're asking questions on pointless topics that we'll get no answer from. 

• Like 1

The latest missive from HQ for Tory MP’s on Twitter (who truly have mastered copy and paste with the practice they’ve had lately) ‘Time to on/forward’ 

They just need to stop. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

All he had to do was say sorry as soon as the story broke and this would've disappeared into the sunset.

Makes me wonder if this is a deliberate distraction from something else. 

This has been pissed me off the most from all of this.
Surely people need to hear how the crisis is going, not from DC. Do people really copy such people? Are they honestly totally devoid of common sense? Find the whole thing really weird, like really really weird.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This has been pissed me off the most from all of this.
Surely people need to hear how the crisis is going, not from DC. Do people really copy such people? Are they honestly totally devoid of common sense? Find the whole thing really weird, like really really weird.

Very true, this is all rather inconsequential really on a very basic level. It's a political issue, not a human issue and quite honestly there's far worser things occurring. 

If you want to go after Cummings and Johnson, their handling of the early days of the pandemic are far more of an issue. 

• Like 3