Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

Just now, Rigga said:

We allowed them too much space to cross for the winning goal.. Gray made a token effort.. You press the player with the ball..

He was clearly told to make sure grealish didn’t get too much time on the ball - he didn’t want to leave him ... caught between two stools .... Ben also has a player so you could ask where Youri, wilf or madders were ??

nevertheless, we should still defend a high cross into our box from there much better than we did ....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He was clearly told to make sure grealish didn’t get too much time on the ball - he didn’t want to leave him ... caught between two stools .... Ben also has a player so you could ask where Youri, wilf or madders were ??

nevertheless, we should still defend a high cross into our box from there much better than we did ....

They knew Kaspers weakness. Most teams you can't float in high balls as the keeper will gobble them up. Our keeper is terrified of crosses. Every corner and cross they aimed to get high and around the keeper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Can't believe that we'll be fined £20k as well as Villa?

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Funny how football can ignite strong feelings at not necessarily the standard times.

I took last night's winner in my stride. A kind of hey, ho. That's football. Tough luck and move on.

Yet v Burnley a couple of weeks back, I was absolutely sickened to the core and it spoilt my Sunday and Monday, I was that down. For a nothing match.

Thats how I Feel generally , its a game,entertainment..!!!  I am a fanatic,hardened Leicester supporter....the odd game hurts,where Frustration sits deep vor the 1st 24hrs....Southampton game war deeper than most....Last night,I just felt we Were not getting the Rub of the green,and I honestly believe Maddison was as much in the game as Grealish....but final chance or not, we gave it a good go,and lost it in the last minute...

My Bias view...

#Poor VAR.  the perfect example of where the ref ,should of gone to the SL- monitor.VAR looked at the wrong perspective...

# for both sides,very avg referreing. Those high foot incidents ,none were fouls both players had high foot,and it was such a freekick,where they scored..

# Their GK. Twice MOM.

# In both games their players enjoyed Falling over ( Yes we did foul,but Not that much)

# Frustrating part...our midfield was Not Close or Compact enough in the First 80 minutes,last 10 were obviously frenitic...so both sides were stretched..!!

# We will see now,if our experienced players can get over this lost chance,to help the Youngsters get through missing on their first Final chance...important

# Our Defence Bad 2 blipps,where they should of done better. Early season I doubt,the oppo would of got through...!!!

# This is where a Good manager,sees the Team is focused for Saturday...IMO The Chelsea game is more important

Neutral view..  Only a couple of views

# No Big loss..in the bigger picture..!!

# Villa still have more problems,But they deserved & worked for their Good fortune

#Time for Leicester to Step up the next notch, mentality,Clinical and disciplined,in the seasons last 3rd...

# Ok One more..!!   Moaners,groaners ..Button it!! The team needs you all to Show even more support for Saturday 1st,then the whole of the EOS Run in!!

Sod opinions..!!:scarf:  :trumpet:....Yes they  must earn the support, but its Double edged we have to earn the right to be worthy supporters,who understand what These players have as a Chance to achieve...!!

34 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Got me thinking though what is our worst performance in the last 25 years.... 

Losing 5-0 to villa at home was pretty poor or i guess Portsmouth away would be up there. 

0-5 at home to Bolton on the first day of the PL season for me.

Peter Taylor had already unravelled near the back end of the season before and delusions we weren't in a relegation battle were put to bed when you get beat 0-5 at home against the team who won the play offs the season before. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

after all 3 games against villa, if you still don’t rate Grealish as a footballer than you probably need some new glasses.

I’d be youri levels of excited if we put a bid in. 

Roughly 100 million should just about do it I would have thought. Sounds a lot? Maddison would be about the same.

Having supported City since 62 and attended the 69 cup final when we lost to Man City l appreciate disappointment with losing but for heaven's sake it's not life and death it's only sport and can't understand today's vitriol and tribal nature of fans.City fans with a deep hatred of Villa can surely console themselves that they are possibly due a heavy defeat on their big day out and who knows maybe we have also avoided a similar fate .

4 minutes ago, jerry said:

Having supported City since 62 and attended the 69 cup final when we lost to Man City l appreciate disappointment with losing but for heaven's sake it's not life and death it's only sport and can't understand today's vitriol and tribal nature of fans.City fans with a deep hatred of Villa can surely console themselves that they are possibly due a heavy defeat on their big day out and who knows maybe we have also avoided a similar fate .

People are upset. These opportunities havent come round often for us. If we all just felt fine after defeats like this then winning wouldn't mean anything either. 

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

almost twenty years ago, a balding small chap’s head dropped as he sat watching his team concede another goal by Matt Elliott and his dream of league cup success died ..... revenge is a dish best served cold and mike dean certainly left this particular one to fester as he took the opportunity to deny tranmere’s conquerors that day the chance to repeat the trophy win at the beginning of March, two decades on .......

IT WAS FOOKING HANDBALL YOU CVNT!!!!

Oh yeah he's a Tranmere fan, maybe it's all a conspiracy.

In seriousness it went to VAR and even the ref in there obviously didn't give it.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

after all 3 games against villa, if you still don’t rate Grealish as a footballer than you probably need some new glasses.

He carries the ball so well, he's direct, but his weight of passing is something that always impresses me.

Basically carrying Villa himself atm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

IF he gets an England call up AND Villa stay up i dont think he will leave. 

Villa fan here and hi everyone even to the hateful ones, I've read the messages 😉. I usually go onto other clubs fan forums after games to see what everyone's views are. I was very surprised at some of the hate but it's water under the bridge as its just a game of football.

Firstly though I would like to apologise for some of the Villa Fans who pushed Maddy, it was out of line and uncalled for I and others don't condone that type of behaviour. I was surprised at the pitch Invasion but I never thought we would have some idiots go as far to try hurt any players and it's just a mindless few who are always upto that task. Those fans responsible for trying to hurt players of the opposition will no doubt be brought to justice, they do not deserve to be football fans of any club.

I absoloute loved the game from last night and sorry you didn't make it through to the final. Leicester well and truly had possession it's just a shame that nothing came off of that possession for you and couldn't make your attacks count, Good goal though our CB Konsa left Nacho unguarded. I thought Maddison was fantastic, so those who blame him don't be to harsh because he was your clear stand out player. I'd love to see Maddison join Villa and play alongside Jack, can dream I spose. The quality Leicester have is much better quality than what Villa have, sometimes though that quality needs to be on point throughout the game and if half the team are having an off night then the rest will to. There were some fantastic duels last night. I was actually surprised at my teams passing, for the past month- two months we've been unable to string more than three bloody passes together in games, just last night it all seemed to be working out.

You know when lucks on your side because even the corner flag aided us and kept a corner from you, I was like no way I've never seen the corner flag involved in all the games I've seen before. As for the penalty, I think the reason why Dean never gave it is because it was so fast and so close that it was a blink of an eye moment and no player had time to react to that one. We've been on the bad end of VAR so many a time already this season that I'm actually surprised that decision went our way, there always seems to be an unfortunate where VAR is concerned.

Villa as a club have had some depressing times the past twenty years, we've only just come back and as much as some of you want us gone, I'm hoping at the end of this season I can say to you were still here for another season. I myself am a wolves born Villa fan and in the 90s I always like Villa over Wolves, I always liked Leicester as well Julian Joachim I absoloute loved.

I must admit as some of you have already pointed out that we may get a thrashing from ManCity, the final is going to be tough there's no doubt about that. You know what though if we can play like we did against you Foxes, we may just may have a real shot at winning the final and the Europe spot, as that's the big reward.

Anyway Foxes I hope you can sort what mess you have going on at the moment with the team, I'm sure you will, so long as you get higher than Man Utd, I'll be happy, Peace and Goodluck for rest of the season from a Villan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Got me thinking though what is our worst performance in the last 25 years.... 

Losing 5-0 to villa at home was pretty poor or i guess Portsmouth away would be up there. 

Portsmouth away on the Friday night - for sure. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

0-5 at home to Bolton on the first day of the PL season for me.

Peter Taylor had already unravelled near the back end of the season before and delusions we weren't in a relegation battle were put to bed when you get beat 0-5 at home against the team who won the play offs the season before. 

I remember that unfortunately far to well. My only thought would be that weve seen some real dross in the few years after that. So much so, that from that point to Big Nige with a slight Mickey Adams interlude has been expunged from my mind 

When people say "Look how far we've come" you have to look back to those days to realise just how far it really is.

Edited by Jacnah

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Why didnt VAR give it?

Dunno? Obviously whoever was using VAR didn’t think it was a pen. They claimed it wasn’t an “unnatural position” but that’s a load of shit to me. His arms out and the shot is on target.