Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

2 hours ago, nettle said:

Exactly this mate great post we can't deal with the high press and Liverpool and Man city have shown other teams how to deal with us. 

the issue is that Brendan insists that we play that way. its no good shouting at kasper to lump it forward (when evans and soyuncu are deep and split) as that will just lead to a 50/50 possession situation and our defensive set up is totally stretched - so if we play it around deep in our half, please can we avoid shouting for the ball to lumped forward - its unlikely to lead to a good outcome and more likely to lead to a bad one. its up to the players to develop a man city type quality in give and go's in the defence/midfield.   players offering themselves etc etc. i was surprised at villa's willingness to push four up to press us second half, especially given that they were leading. it means that teams are confident that there is more chance we will mess up playing out than we will break their press and create an opportunity …….. that's a worry

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, brucey said:

:teehee:

Amazing! 

Why would you take a bag full with you?? 

Obviously not that confndent we would win it to have 'winners' on it but confident enough to have them made incase we made it to the final. 

Brillant i love our fans sometimes. Like someone i know now trying to flog train tickets and a hotel booking for the final. 

Honestly why do it to yourself? 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Remember the ABSOLUTE SEETHING outrage from the Villa when that blue-nose **** ran on and lamped Grealish? Different circumstances entirely, obviously, but it just defies belief. There’s something in the water around Birmingham. 

Our fans might be a bag of shit, city not necessarily glamours and we might have lost last night but I thank my luck stars every ****ing day that I’m not a brummy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Amazing! 

Obviously not that confndent we would win it to have 'winners' on it but confident enough to have them made incase we made it to the final. 

Brillant i love our fans sometimes. Like someone i know now trying to flog train tickets and a hotel booking for the final. 

They will have been one of the local sellers - the type who flog half and half scarves. Not necessarily a Leicester fan. 

• Like 2

Funny how football can ignite strong feelings at not necessarily the standard times.

I took last night's winner in my stride. A kind of hey, ho. That's football. Tough luck and move on.

Yet v Burnley a couple of weeks back, I was absolutely sickened to the core and it spoilt my Sunday and Monday, I was that down. For a nothing match.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

First post since the final whistle, purposefully so. I was way too salty and sulky last night. It wasn't really being "gutted" per se, more a general anger at the injustice of it all.

We were much the better team, and unfortunately you've just got to chalk it down to "one of those nights". Things just didn't go our way. I can forgive and forget, because we're still destined to do something special this season. 

One thing that hasn't changed though. My distain for Villa. The pitch invasion at the end compounded it. 

They're just... Grotty and a bit nasty. Like the guy who comes up to you at a party and kinda looks the part, and is friendly enough, yet everyone is avoiding him and you're unsure why, then as soon as he starts speaking his breath fvcking stinks and you can't look at him anymore and try desperately to get away, y'know?

See for me, we weren't. Yes, their keeper pulled off some amazing saves, but for me it was fairly even. They pressed our fullbacks from every goal kick and we didn't know what to do, no plan B.

I reckon our own expectations feed into it. 

I don't know why, but I was tense before kick off last night. I think I was treating it as some kind of final in itself. I think I was more pissed off with the Southampton result than the Burnley one though. That is even though I felt there was something almost inevitable about Southampton, it still angered me. Burnley, I could kind of console myself in that we played better even though the result wasn't right. Weird. Sometimes I really don't know why I react as I do. 

10 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

We can’t handle big games and have failed in most this season.

That said, if being the new Spurs means we have a run of 3/4 seasons in the champions league then you have to say we would take it. I know some people will say we need to win trophy’s and id love that to happen as well but the above would be huge.

I’m not convinced any of that will happen though being honest.

Correct, I agree for our stature becoming Tottenham is a real improvement, but to me Tottenham were always a bit of a tough one to put your finger on - they over-achieved but didn't actually have anything to show for it in the end.

There's not being good enough full stop, then there's being good enough but not being able to do it. I feel like we've become the latter, and Tottenham certainly were.

33 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I did think if any of the players took a whack amongst all that it'd be Maddison or Vardy.

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Amazing! 

Because it would have been a vendor.  They'll have had an identical bag of Villa pins, one went on sale one went in (or on) the bin.

• Like 1

Southampton exposed our frailties in playing the ball out from Kasper.

High press and continued press throughout any of our attacks.

We couldn’t get any rhythm.

its our new style though and as much as I hate the painfully slow build up at times, our results until recently have been fantastic this season..

I think we are in danger of being worked out a little though so expect a real bumpy ride between now and the end of the season.

Just now, goose2010 said:

guess so, seems a odd sales technique to me. 

They've risked a chunk of their investment to get in early as it were, the people they needed who were interested in the pins would've been all around them in their 1000's. They probably still made money even taking the hit on our pins, unless it was someone who gambled on us and didn't take a Villa sack along too.

There must be a huge industry of cheap scarves/pins bubbling away under the surface to commemorate the most mundane of instances. It shouldn't cost much to have a load made up anyway, I imagine it can be a nice little earner.

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

I think we are in danger of being worked out a little though so expect a real bumpy ride between now and the end of the season.

I'm fearful of that too. We've got to work harder to beat the high press when it's played on us. As someone pointed out, Villa had 4 players up when Kasper was taking goal kicks, because they knew we'd try and play out. We're on the back foot from our own penalty area. Sometimes our midfield isn't dropping to allow us to play out.

10 minutes ago, mabrah said:

I'm fearful of that too. We've got to work harder to beat the high press when it's played on us. As someone pointed out, Villa had 4 players up when Kasper was taking goal kicks, because they knew we'd try and play out. We're on the back foot from our own penalty area. Sometimes our midfield isn't dropping to allow us to play out.

But then when we do get higher up the pitch.. Maddison almost drops too deep  into Youri/Wilfs positions meaning there is very little support for our front man..

Wont be over critical of our performance last night. Their keeper had a worldie. We played well.. Just disappointing to concede so late after doing all the hard work of getting back into the game.. 

We allowed them too much space to cross for the winning goal.. Gray made a token effort.. You press the player with the ball..

almost twenty years ago, a balding small chap’s head dropped as he sat watching his team concede another goal by Matt Elliott and his dream of league cup success died ..... revenge is a dish best served cold and mike dean certainly left this particular one to fester as he took the opportunity to deny tranmere’s conquerors that day the chance to repeat the trophy win at the beginning of March, two decades on .......

IT WAS FOOKING HANDBALL YOU CVNT!!!!

• Haha 1