Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno? Obviously whoever was using VAR didn’t think it was a pen. They claimed it wasn’t an “unnatural position” but that’s a load of shit to me. His arms out and the shot is on target.

I actually think they just looked at the second incident when it hit him on the side.

How can you not give a penalty when it has clearly struck his arm in the box and he has the body position of an inverted submarine with it's telescope up. 

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was disappointed that Dean did not show any yellow cards to Villa for the continued halting of any breakaways we made by little trips or pull backs, but its getting more and common of late it seems.

(Which in itself is disappointing)

It seems that was a deliberate tactic.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/foul-them-how-aston-villa-3789586

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno? Obviously whoever was using VAR didn’t think it was a pen. They claimed it wasn’t an “unnatural position” but that’s a load of shit to me. His arms out and the shot is on target.

It has to be a clear and obvious error not to award it - But it was ... I assume the VAR spoke to dean who said he had uNfinished business with LCFC and to leave him alone!  Seriously, expect dean said he saw the contact and thought the player was too close to give it - the VAR was clearly too weak to tell him he was wrong. I cannot think of any explanation apart from that ! 

28 minutes ago, Dave R said:

Villa fan here and hi everyone even to the hateful ones, I've read the messages 😉. I usually go onto other clubs fan forums after games to see what everyone's views are. I was very surprised at some of the hate but it's water under the bridge as its just a game of football.

Firstly though I would like to apologise for some of the Villa Fans who pushed Maddy, it was out of line and uncalled for I and others don't condone that type of behaviour. I was surprised at the pitch Invasion but I never thought we would have some idiots go as far to try hurt any players and it's just a mindless few who are always upto that task. Those fans responsible for trying to hurt players of the opposition will no doubt be brought to justice, they do not deserve to be football fans of any club.

I absoloute loved the game from last night and sorry you didn't make it through to the final. Leicester well and truly had possession it's just a shame that nothing came off of that possession for you and couldn't make your attacks count, Good goal though our CB Konsa left Nacho unguarded. I thought Maddison was fantastic, so those who blame him don't be to harsh because he was your clear stand out player. I'd love to see Maddison join Villa and play alongside Jack, can dream I spose. The quality Leicester have is much better quality than what Villa have, sometimes though that quality needs to be on point throughout the game and if half the team are having an off night then the rest will to. There were some fantastic duels last night. I was actually surprised at my teams passing, for the past month- two months we've been unable to string more than three bloody passes together in games, just last night it all seemed to be working out.

You know when lucks on your side because even the corner flag aided us and kept a corner from you, I was like no way I've never seen the corner flag involved in all the games I've seen before. As for the penalty, I think the reason why Dean never gave it is because it was so fast and so close that it was a blink of an eye moment and no player had time to react to that one. We've been on the bad end of VAR so many a time already this season that I'm actually surprised that decision went our way, there always seems to be an unfortunate where VAR is concerned.

Villa as a club have had some depressing times the past twenty years, we've only just come back and as much as some of you want us gone, I'm hoping at the end of this season I can say to you were still here for another season. I myself am a wolves born Villa fan and in the 90s I always like Villa over Wolves, I always liked Leicester as well Julian Joachim I absoloute loved.

I must admit as some of you have already pointed out that we may get a thrashing from ManCity, the final is going to be tough there's no doubt about that. You know what though if we can play like we did against you Foxes, we may just may have a real shot at winning the final and the Europe spot, as that's the big reward.

Anyway Foxes I hope you can sort what mess you have going on at the moment with the team, I'm sure you will, so long as you get higher than Man Utd, I'll be happy, Peace and Goodluck for rest of the season from a Villan.

I wish it were us going and not you Dave, but since thats not the case I'll just wish you the best of luck for the final. I hope its a great day for you :thumbup:

Also - thats the first time Ive been to Villa Park. Other than the result I loved it. A proper ground. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dave R said:

Villa fan here and hi everyone even to the hateful ones, I've read the messages 😉. I usually go onto other clubs fan forums after games to see what everyone's views are. I was very surprised at some of the hate but it's water under the bridge as its just a game of football.

Firstly though I would like to apologise for some of the Villa Fans who pushed Maddy, it was out of line and uncalled for I and others don't condone that type of behaviour. I was surprised at the pitch Invasion but I never thought we would have some idiots go as far to try hurt any players and it's just a mindless few who are always upto that task. Those fans responsible for trying to hurt players of the opposition will no doubt be brought to justice, they do not deserve to be football fans of any club.

I absoloute loved the game from last night and sorry you didn't make it through to the final. Leicester well and truly had possession it's just a shame that nothing came off of that possession for you and couldn't make your attacks count, Good goal though our CB Konsa left Nacho unguarded. I thought Maddison was fantastic, so those who blame him don't be to harsh because he was your clear stand out player. I'd love to see Maddison join Villa and play alongside Jack, can dream I spose. The quality Leicester have is much better quality than what Villa have, sometimes though that quality needs to be on point throughout the game and if half the team are having an off night then the rest will to. There were some fantastic duels last night. I was actually surprised at my teams passing, for the past month- two months we've been unable to string more than three bloody passes together in games, just last night it all seemed to be working out.

You know when lucks on your side because even the corner flag aided us and kept a corner from you, I was like no way I've never seen the corner flag involved in all the games I've seen before. As for the penalty, I think the reason why Dean never gave it is because it was so fast and so close that it was a blink of an eye moment and no player had time to react to that one. We've been on the bad end of VAR so many a time already this season that I'm actually surprised that decision went our way, there always seems to be an unfortunate where VAR is concerned.

Villa as a club have had some depressing times the past twenty years, we've only just come back and as much as some of you want us gone, I'm hoping at the end of this season I can say to you were still here for another season. I myself am a wolves born Villa fan and in the 90s I always like Villa over Wolves, I always liked Leicester as well Julian Joachim I absoloute loved.

I must admit as some of you have already pointed out that we may get a thrashing from ManCity, the final is going to be tough there's no doubt about that. You know what though if we can play like we did against you Foxes, we may just may have a real shot at winning the final and the Europe spot, as that's the big reward.

Anyway Foxes I hope you can sort what mess you have going on at the moment with the team, I'm sure you will, so long as you get higher than Man Utd, I'll be happy, Peace and Goodluck for rest of the season from a Villan.

Good luck in the final and thanks for a balanced view - refreshing on this forum !

• Thanks 1

If Villa went down, I'd definitely be enquiring after Mings and Grealish. Could be pricey but those two would both improve us.

Mings would give us 3 good centre backs, he can also play left back.

Grealish, in for Perez. Instant upgrade. Perez then improves the bench.

No idea how much we'd be looking at though. I could imagine them costing £60-80 million for the pair.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If Villa went down, I'd definitely be enquiring after Mings and Grealish. Could be pricey but those two would both improve us.

Mings would give us 3 good centre backs, he can also play left back.

Grealish, in for Perez. Instant upgrade. Perez then improves the bench.

No idea how much we'd be looking at though. I could imagine them costing £60-80 million for the pair.

Think that just for Grealish.

• Like 1

Have calmed down now but am still coming to the conclusion I don’t know how much longer I can watch lcfc! Nothing to do with the club or players. I just cannot bare var/referee decisions/poor officials/stupid laws etc! I watched 10 mins championship game on sky couple week ago quality was terrible, but a decision was given and it stood everyone knew what was happening and the game flowed nicely! Give me good old humour errror from one luck! 2/3/4 human errors for one incident not good enough and is ruining watching football at the highest level!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

No, shameful to showcase knee jerk revisionism in a post match thread. 

We played well, we created chances. Score even a few of them and the tie is done and no one is bothered. 

Lose and suddenly all our players are rubbish and we need cash in on all our young players before other teams realise how bad they actually are. 

I say its shameful to diss other fans, but hey that's just my opinion.

The common theme seems to be.

1 - young players are always better than older players.

2 - manager and players cannot be criticised, they above it.

3 - its shameful to criticise team personnel

Did I miss anything?

Also not a single person has said what you said in your last line, nothing like blowing something up out of proportion to make it a headline.

Just to clarify I have no opinion on the team as I didnt watch the game, but I will always respect the right's of fans to have an opinion.

Edited by Chrysalis

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Annoying to constantly back Gray up only for him to let us down again like that last night.

Not closing down Elmohamady was absolutely criminal.

How many times does he have to be ‘constantly backed up’?

He ain’t a kid anymore and has been with us for quite some time. He really ain’t much good is he?

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How many times does he have to be ‘constantly backed up’?

He ain’t a kid anymore and has been with us for quite some time. He really ain’t much good is he?

He's a Leicester player so every time he puts on the short he'll get my backing.

But Rodgers' patience - and senior squad players' patience - must be running thin.

11 hours ago, Ricey said:

If you look at the other angle though Grealish was stood on the touchline. Gray decided to cut off that passing lane instead, which is entirely understandable as Grealish would have been been in acres of space had he got the ball.

So best to forgo the IMMEDIATE danger?

Furthermore, Gray was so far away from Grealish that he could not conceivably have stopped the ball getting to Grealish if El-Mohammedy had taken that option.

3 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

I haven't been to the new Wembley but I bet it's cold and smelly.

its just another ground now. Nothing special about it at all.............................maybe my bias is due to visiting the old wembley as a kid and having blue and england tinted specs...memories

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

So best to forgo the IMMEDIATE danger?

Furthermore, Gray was so far away from Grealish that he could not conceivably have stopped the ball getting to Grealish if El-Mohammedy had taken that option.

Gray was between a rock and a hard place, and had to make a decision. We will never know if he closed the cross what Grealish would have done, but he had two men......not his fault

Looking back through other semis...2013 Chelsea lost 0-2 at home to Swansea and only drew 0-0 in the second leg (when hazard kicked the ball boy)

Similar circumstances to us result wise. Chelsea finished third that year and Swansea mid table. Sometimes it happens. Need to recover quick and go on to Saturday. 

Chelsea went on to win the Europa that year. Hopefully we do the same with the FA cup.

42 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Gray was between a rock and a hard place, and had to make a decision. We will never know if he closed the cross what Grealish would have done, but he had two men......not his fault

We know he made the wrong decision (even disregarding that he did not cut off Grealish either). Everything else is hypothetical.

>

Edited by NaijaFox