Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa post match thread 2-1

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're a team of nice guys. We have no fight in us at all when things get tough.

I cant agree more. Don't want to see Maddison laughing and joking mid match with the opposition. Wish they were all more like Soyuncu. After the match, fine let's be friends again. 

Sickening. 

Great tie. Best team lost. But fair play to them.

Time to bounce back Saturday and smash Villa when we next meet. 

Grealish is just the worst. But I pray we sign him in the summer. He would cement us as a top4 side.

8 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Bullcrack, if you look on average a top 4 team losses against a bottom 3 team.  Or over a season how many times a top team.losses over a season against how many matches a bottom 3 teams.  The odds and stats give certainty. These are facts.  This is a 2 legged match, the odds and certainty are with us, why, because we are a top 4 team and they are a bottom 3 team, check it out.  If we are going to be a top team we have to inact that ability.  It's numpties that go around telling people to behave without realising the facts.

Huh? I see a demand to recognise facts, but no actual facts :dunno:

Is it better to lose now or would it have been better to get to the final and get thumped by Citeh?  Yes we were the better side and Nyland was Motm, but if it had went to extra time and pens the players would have been knackered for Chelski.  Although I do wonder at Brenda's tactics in the bigger/pressure games.

P.s. The French commentary on Bein said it should have been a pen.

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The bizarre notion of playing no right winger last night, as clearly Pérez was instructed to play nearer Kelechi. 

This continually left Pereira having to deal with Targett and Grealish. Literally giving their only attacking quality all the time.

Think it's our weak link any game now. Guess it's the down side of having such an effective attacking full back, but amazed we aren't doing more to support him defensively. Pretty sure Chelsea et.al will be looking to exploit it too. 

10 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Is it better to lose now or would it have been better to get to the final and get thumped by Citeh?  Yes we were the better side and Nyland was Motm, but if it had went to extra time and pens the players would have been knackered for Chelski.  Although I do wonder at Brenda's tactics in the bigger/pressure games.

Wouldn’t have had extra time, as the semis go straight to penalties 

26 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

There was to be no extra time just pens

9 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

I've always summed up Mike Dean as follows:- "Knit picker who spots the tiniest of things (which in one sense could be excellent refereeing if the things are offences or poor for falling for over the top reactions to minimal contact etc) but then goes and misses the biggest most blatant things."

He'll never change, pompous, bumptious, pin-headed p***k.

We didn't help with that first half formation, asking Ricardo to cover the entire right hand side, no-one helping him out. I won't blame Perez as I don't know what he was asked to do but what was his position and why leave two against one on our right in any formation?

I know Dean is annoying but I'm not going to blame him for this defeat. He didn't fall for Grealish's diving as much as Kavanagh in the first leg and the only really big error was the penalty, which VAR should have given. I blame the VAR refs more as it is so obvious in slow motion.

Totally agree re the formation. We know their most dangerous player plays down the left so it was madness to allow him so much time and space. It was a repeat of our mistake when leaving Liverpool's full backs the run of the park. In fact, in the first half it looked like we were playing 352 with Barnes and Ric as wing backs, Chilwell at left centre back and Perez in the centre with Nacho. This meant that time and again Villa got a 2 on 1 overlap on the left with nobody tracking Targett. It amazed me that we did nothing to address this. 

Why change from our tried and tested 433??

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The bizarre notion of playing no right winger last night, as clearly Pérez was instructed to play nearer Kelechi. 

This continually left Pereira having to deal with Targett and Grealish. Literally giving their only attacking quality all the time.

Exactly the same mistake Rodgers made against Liverpool when he left Salah and Alexander-Arnold 2 on 1 against Chilwell.

For an excellent coach and clearly a very smart man he doesn’t half make some peculiar tactical decisions.

Was disappointed that Dean did not show any yellow cards to Villa for the continued halting of any breakaways we made by little trips or pull backs, but its getting more and common of late it seems.

(Which in itself is disappointing)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I cant agree more. Don't want to see Maddison laughing and joking mid match with the opposition. Wish they were all more like Soyuncu. After the match, fine let's be friends again. 

Yeah, shit. I mean people like Chillwell, Maddison, Youri, Barnes, they're great footballers but you wouldn't go into the trenches with them would you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Every time last night. Any team playing against us knows we go light out wide and if you press us there, no one tracks back. 

30 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Given the inevitability of a pitch invasion last night villa didn't do a lot to stop it? Also imagine running on the pitch to get your camera phone out. Modern football is weird.

Hope they get a massive fine for that.

You're mistaken. It wasn't a pitch invasion, it was just the end of the game coincided with the annual "International twat of the year show". Two events for the price of one! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

It is one of my biggest gripes in modern football, i really hate seeing us hugging and laughing with the other team before, after and during the match.

they may as well sit around talking about their feelings.

Its evident with programs like love island that the mindset of today's youth is not about fight and battle, its about what hand cream you use and how many candles you have around your bath full of flower petals.

can you imagine the likes of Keane, Jones, Bremner even Cattermole being feelsy with the opposition?

I love to watch Vardy in the tunnel, he has no interest in fraternizing with the opposition.

ah well rant over about the youth of today.