Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Leon Bailey will want to leave Leverkusen in the summer, his career has stalled there slightly after a stunning start. Not a guaranteed starter and you could question whether he's then good enough for us but I'm convinced he is a genius and him falling out of favour there would give us the only chance of getting him. 

He scored in the 4-3 win vs Dortmund today after coming off the bench.

Similar to Tielemans really. Obviously talented but needs to move clubs and get his career back on track. 

Maybe a loan with an option to buy would be a good deal for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Leon Bailey will want to leave Leverkusen in the summer, his career has stalled there slightly after a stunning start. Not a guaranteed starter and you could question whether he's then good enough for us but I'm convinced he is a genius and him falling out of favour there would give us the only chance of getting him. 

Ric, I know you adore Leon Bailey but I have to pipe up with the opposite view.

Yes, his pace is electric, and yes, he’ll dazzle you with the ball on a string at least twice a game.  But he’ll make stupid decisions more often than that, and gives the ball away much more often than that.

My view is jaundiced by the fact that I’ve seen him play a few times for Jamaica.  And I’m sure Jamaica is a shitshow at every level of management compared to Leverkusen.  But ...

Leon Bailey is a rich man’s Demarai Gray.  This club already has one Demarai Gray.  The topic of discussion is, is one the right number or too many?  Not do we need another and at an eye-watering price.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 2

On 07/02/2020 at 12:24, deep blue said:

I see Aranguiz is on the free list.  If I remember rightly, this is the guy we were chasing in summer 2016 (?) but he preferred Leverkusen. I assume he will be on a free because his career's bombed there - does anyone have any info on how his career has progressed there?

Yes, the actual reason was to do with the steering wheel #crapjoke!

Though as an aside, I’ve wondered how many players that we have been strongly linked with, have then achieved success at the club they signed for instead. 

seems like we have avoided a lot of duds! 

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

Ric, I know you adore Leon Bailey but I have to pipe up with the opposite view.

Yes, his pace is electric, and yes, he’ll dazzle you with the ball on a string at least twice a game.  But he’ll make stupid decisions more often than that, and gives the ball away much more often than that.

My view is jaundiced by the fact that I’ve seen him play a few times for Jamaica.  And I’m sure Jamaica is a shitshow at every level of management compared to Leverkusen.  But ...

Leon Bailey is a rich man’s Demarai Gray.  This club already has one Demarai Gray.  The topic of discussion is, is one the right number or too many?  Not do we need another and at an eye-watering price.

He's certainly tough around the edges and still has a lot of improving to do but his end product is way higher than Gray's. 

Bailey averages a goal or assist about every other game in his professional career, Gray is more like every 5 games. 

Would love a Bailey type player (Left footed playing in a forward right position) and I’ll admit I’ve hardly watched full games of the player. KingsX has just put a right downer on it tho 😩😩 but sounds like he’s watched him a hell of a lot more than I have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Would love a Bailey type player (Left footed playing in a forward right position) and I’ll admit I’ve hardly watched full games of the player. KingsX has just put a right downer on it tho 😩😩 but sounds like he’s watched him a hell of a lot more than I have.

He'd be class here, shits all over Zaha and would cost about half or even less and about 6 years younger too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's certainly tough around the edges and still has a lot of improving to do but his end product is way higher than Gray's. 

Bailey averages a goal or assist about every other game in his professional career, Gray is more like every 5 games. 

I took a dive into the numbers.  Bailey’s career goals + assists per 90’ (.459) isn’t much better than Gray’s this season (.437).  That said, Bailey has improved to .823 this year, so maybe he is taking the next step?   But he hasn’t played much, due to repeated hamstring tears.  And I can so easily see him becoming another whipping boy for our fans.  He'd be our record signing; seems too risky to me.

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

I've probably watched him play 3 matches for Jamaica and half a dozen from Germany.  So I can't have the last word.

It's just that I've seen the same thing each time -- a player of talent and skill who is guaranteed to drive you up the wall several times a game by making the wrong decision or pissing a good opportunity away ... like Gray.  In either case it comes down to, how much better do you think this guy will get, and can he gain consistency? 

Opinions.

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

I took a dive into the numbers.  Bailey’s career goals + assists per 90’ (.459) isn’t much better than Gray’s this season (.437).  That said, Bailey has improved to .823 this year, so maybe he is taking the next step?   But he hasn’t played much, due to repeated hamstring tears.  And I can so easily see him becoming another whipping boy for our fans.  He'd be our record signing; seems too risky to me.

I've probably watched him play 3 matches for Jamaica and half a dozen from Germany.  So I can't have the last word.

It's just that I've seen the same thing each time -- a player of talent and skill who is guaranteed to drive you up the wall several times a game by making the wrong decision or pissing a good opportunity away ... like Gray.  In either case it comes down to, how much better do you think this guy will get, and can he gain consistency? 

Opinions.

Hang on, you've taken Bailey's career stats per 90 and compared them to Gray's for this season only? Hasn't Gray only started a couple of league games this season? 

Bailey is a 7-8 goal a season and 7-8 assists a season if he played 30-35 games. Not astonishing stats but he has vast potential. Gray's output so far has been so poor for so long and even if he ever improves it's probably still way below the numbers Barnes or Bailey will hit.

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Definitely an upgrade on Gray. £20m + Gray, for a combined £15m lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Benrahma at Brentford is a guy I’d really like to see here. Seems the sort of signing we would go for. Doing really well at Brentford and suggests he is ready for the step up. 

Which he can have with a promoted Brentford. We better hope that they don't get promoted.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Benrahma at Brentford is a guy I’d really like to see here. Seems the sort of signing we would go for. Doing really well at Brentford and suggests he is ready for the step up. 

I haven't seen much of him but I have noticed he scores/assists on a much less regular basis than Watkins and Mbeumo.

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can't get that YT out of my head. Benrahma and Bailey. Can't we have both. Those are the chances we should take as a club  Players who are one step shy of stardom. It's either now or never for us or their gone to bigger clubs who can pay more money. At least until we get in the Champions League. That Benrahma guy reminds me so much of Phillippe Coutinho. Love watching attackers who can run at defenders.

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I haven't seen much of him but I have noticed he scores/assists on a much less regular basis than Watkins and Mbeumo.

Mate, I'd take all three. Why I went for Benrahma is from the highlights I have seen him in (not loads, I'll admit), he seems to be that player with the end product flick or trick which creates space for his team mates. I think we could really benefit from that when playing against a brick wall of 11 men behind the ball. 

32 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Good old Sean from Enderby

Screenshot_20200210-133303_Twitter.jpg

God I love Sean whose never wrong. My favorite itk. Going back to watching his YT now  Please make it happen Sean.🦊    The picture next to Sean on Twitter😀😀😀😀

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

I can't get that YT out of my head. Benrahma and Bailey. Can't we have both. Those are the chances we should take as a club  Players who are one step shy of stardom. It's either now or never for us or their gone to bigger clubs who can pay more money. At least until we get in the Champions League. That Benrahma guy reminds me so much of Phillippe Coutinho. Love watching attackers who can run at defenders.

I've been trying to work out what Youri Tielemans has to do with Benrahma but at last I've worked out that YT is you tube and not the aforementioned City star.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

I've been trying to work out what Youri Tielemans has to do with Benrahma but at last I've worked out that YT is you tube and not the aforementioned City star.

That's what happens when you put a Luddite and a mobile together. Looking for shortcits on something I can barely ser.

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Just watched the first half of Brentford and Leeds. I’d pass on Benrahma, he seems very lightweight and wasteful in possession.

Just over 45 minutes and that's enough for you? Seriously? 

19 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Not sure how you can judge a player over 45 minutes

18 minutes ago, Adster said:

Just over 45 minutes and that's enough for you? Seriously? 

Yes

Also he plays on the left I’d say right is more important 

• Like 1