Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

Depend on wages, and whether he can stay fit.

No one can argue that we are short on experience in the midfield area.

Anyone who think we are going to be splashing the cash on players for 50m is mistaken. 

Edited by coolhandfox

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd like to see Albrighton out and Fraser in and then Gray out and a left footed right winger like David Neres.

I reckon we'll keep Albrighton around purely for the experience and maturity that he offers, even if he only starts a couple of cup games next season. Gray can go though, 100%. Then we need to sign 2 new wingers.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

54 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Doesn’t mean we should go and start paying him 90k a week or whatever he said on. You haven’t taken age, wages, fitness into account. 

On the contraryTJB, point by point his age for me is exactly right - 31 gives him experience and maturity, just what we were short of in the recent disappointing defeats and something I've been calling for a lot recently on this forum and the other one (the Kings head).

Wages: Do you not go to the cinema cos one of the actors is paid too much? Of course that would be crazy.

Wages are utterly irrelevant to us spectators we pay to watch and trust the owners to deal with the money question fairly- if he demands silly money he won't be here, end of.

Fitness: if he's not fit, then again he won't be here, but if he's got on a free it's back to wages again only, he's still younger than many of our key players such as Vards and Johnny who seem to do ok!

I mentioned Lallana in the summer before we got Dennis Praet.

A player well known to Rodgers, offers a more attacking threat off the bench than Praet if we wanted to replace Tielemans/Maddison, offers experience that nobody else has in the midfield (Praet our oldest midfielder assuming Mendy and James go, at 25 years old).

To get him on a free would free up cash to be spent elsewhere. If we lose one of (or both) Morgan and Fuchs in the summer, we will have a gap in the leadership, particularly on the field given neither of those play that much, nor does Albrighton (will be 4th choice winger).

I would 100% take him. Before his injuries, people were talking about him being one of England's most important players.

34 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

On the contraryTJB, point by point his age for me is exactly right - 31 gives him experience and maturity, just what we were short of in the recent disappointing defeats and something I've been calling for a lot recently on this forum and the other one (the Kings head).

Wages: Do you not go to the cinema cos one of the actors is paid too much? Of course that would be crazy.

Wages are utterly irrelevant to us spectators we pay to watch and trust the owners to deal with the money question fairly- if he demands silly money he won't be here, end of.

Fitness: if he's not fit, then again he won't be here, but if he's got on a free it's back to wages again only, he's still younger than many of our key players such as Vards and Johnny who seem to do ok!

I have strong belief in the hierarchy at our club but this doesn’t mean that mistakes don’t happen. Just because the money doesn’t come out of the supporters pocket doesn’t mean we can’t question or criticise decisions made by the club.

Couple of bizarre points if I’m honest. 

• Like 1

I never thought Lallana was good enough to be at a top 4 club but make no mistake if we could keep him fit he'd be excellent for us under Rodgers. Both feet, scores goals, plays across midfield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Doesn’t mean we should go and start paying him 90k a week or whatever he said on. You haven’t taken age, wages, fitness into account. 

But age and fitness would be taken into account with his wages. 

It's like buying a house - because the average price is say £250k - you don't pay that price for a house which is older and a bit broken do you? 

If he maintains he wants those wages you tell him no thanks 

I see Aranguiz is on the free list.  If I remember rightly, this is the guy we were chasing in summer 2016 (?) but he preferred Leverkusen. I assume he will be on a free because his career's bombed there - does anyone have any info on how his career has progressed there?

19 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I see Aranguiz is on the free list.  If I remember rightly, this is the guy we were chasing in summer 2016 (?) but he preferred Leverkusen. I assume he will be on a free because his career's bombed there - does anyone have any info on how his career has progressed there?

He fooked us off, got a bad injury and the wheel has long since been scrapped .....

no thanks 

Going to be quite a difficult window I imagine. We will finish 2nd-4th (hopefully).

We've got to strengthen and deepen the squad, adding players good enough for the first team. Need more cover up front. Desperately need wingers. Could do with a Cambiasso/experienced midfielder type. 

All while fending off intense interest in Pereira, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi... 

Lallana is done imo, don't see how he'd enhance your squad much and would want a lot in wages for a player who would likely sit on the bench.

What Leicester have been really good at in recent years is succession planning, bringing in younger replacements for players in before those they are replacing actually leave.  

I get this can't always be the case but Soyuncu is the classic example of this approach working well.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

You don’t have the luxury of limiting your improvements to succession planning when your trying to gear up to make a run in the CL.

I get that, that's why I said "can't always be the case" but I don't see how signing someone like Lallana, someone who is ageing, has injury problems and hasn't played regular football in years is going to better equip you for the champions league.  Younger, hungrier players with something to prove has to be the way forward.  I'd be very surprised if Rodgers went for Lallana in any case.

• Like 1

Lallana is the usual media 1 (he played for the manager) + 1 (his contracts up soon) = 2 (utter bollocks)

Too many question marks

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1