Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But age and fitness would be taken into account with his wages. 

It's like buying a house - because the average price is say £250k - you don't pay that price for a house which is older and a bit broken do you? 

If he maintains he wants those wages you tell him no thanks 

Did you even bother to read my post?

And who’s to say that we would definitely not pay silly wages if we get into Europe. I’m sure at some point the structure we have in place will be amended or broken. 

Edited by TJB-fox

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Pereira is going to be the hardest one to keep and the one we can least afford to lose.

Absolutely. He's only on 70k with 3 years left. Should definitely be offering him an upgrade very soon. Same with everyone else really, if we're going to keep them.

42 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Did you even bother to read my post?

And who’s to say that we would definitely not pay silly wages if we get into Europe. I’m sure at some point the structure we have in place will be amended or broken. 

Yeah you randomly quoted 90k per week for wages - when it’s highly doubtful a 31 year old with an injury record would be paid that. 

12 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

English = no language problems (not been up there long enough to develop them), used to the prem style, no family abroad, used to sh*t weather, got friends here.. Etc... Etc... Its a bonus that is widely recognised by scouts just as its a bonus to be an Italian player in Italy or a Spanish player in Spain.

BTW if your gonna quote me somebum, quote what I wrote and how I wrote it please without highlighting words of your choice to try to make some point.

That's called editing.

Thicko

Edited by somebum

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah you randomly quoted 90k per week for wages - when it’s highly doubtful a 31 year old with an injury record would be paid that. 

Well he ain’t coming on a free for less than that is he .....even with a chunky s/o fee, 

he is worth a fee of 20m, even at his age so he will want at least 65% of that in his pocket - we wouldn’t pay a s/o fee that high so he can expect to be v well paid on a weekly basis in addition to his normal salary  to compensate 

45 minutes ago, somebum said:

Thicko

Yeah, you got me there.... You're clearly on a different level to me with such erudite use of the English language as "Thicko"... Such a constructive well thought out point.. 😂😂

Edited by Realjimbo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I don't watch Leicester every week but try to watch them whenever they are on TV this season and based on what I see he'd be the last one I'd be wanting to lose (bar Vardy of course).  He plays at a level of one of the best right back's in the world and no offence but if you lose him your not going to be able to attract that level of player no matter how much you spend whereas guys like Maddison, Chilwell, etc I think you could replace far easier.

Bar Vardy?  Not for me, and it's not even close.  Ricardo is the one whose shoes would be hardest to fill.

51 minutes ago, brucey said:

Ndidi > Ricardo > Vardy for me

Shocking. I know what you are implying, that youth is crucial, but Vardy is (or at least was, until he had another baby) a world class striker and the embodiment of the club and the title win. I want him here until his legs fall off. 

9 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Shocking. I know what you are implying, that youth is crucial, but Vardy is (or at least was, until he had another baby) a world class striker and the embodiment of the club and the title win. I want him here until his legs fall off. 

I wasn’t actually taking age into account. We were discussing the relative impact of missing players, and based on the past few months, we have played okay without Vardy but completely fall to pieces without Wilf. Thankfully Ricky has been fit throughout, but I’d guess that if he was missing it would have an impact somewhere in between the other two.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Absolutely. He's only on 70k with 3 years left. Should definitely be offering him an upgrade very soon. Same with everyone else really, if we're going to keep them.

He needs to have parity with Madders' new deal at least really. He's worth every penny and should hopefully get us an enormous fee if and when he does go.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Well he ain’t coming on a free for less than that is he .....even with a chunky s/o fee, 

he is worth a fee of 20m, even at his age so he will want at least 65% of that in his pocket - we wouldn’t pay a s/o fee that high so he can expect to be v well paid on a weekly basis in addition to his normal salary  to compensate 

He can want what he wants, what he will get is what a club is willing to offer him.

If nobody else makes a decent offer and we are willing to pay 50k a week do you think he would just retire?

• Like 1