Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

Just watched the first half of Brentford and Leeds. I’d pass on Benrahma, he seems very lightweight and wasteful in possession.

It's been a poor game in general, don't think the weather is helping especially with the open ground. 

Edited by wardyfox86

Interested in what people thought of Benrahma tonight.

Got to see about two minutes of the match thanks to my crap stream. But in those two minutes was his ability to beat two defenders and break free down the left side.

Saw his goal on replay which was a tap in due to the goalkeeper screwing up.

On 08/02/2020 at 21:20, Ric Flair said:

Leon Bailey will want to leave Leverkusen in the summer, his career has stalled there slightly after a stunning start. Not a guaranteed starter and you could question whether he's then good enough for us but I'm convinced he is a genius and him falling out of favour there would give us the only chance of getting him. 

He scored in the 4-3 win vs Dortmund today after coming off the bench.

Could see this. Could help keep Ndidi around too.

• Like 1

I think we really should be looking at Grealish for the left hand side. I hate the bloke lol but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like the likes of Vardy/Maddison if they didn't play for us.

He has appetite and swagger. His ability to carry a team and be the focal point at his age shouldn't be underestimated.

Chilly and Madders could have a quiet word during their play dates. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Kristof Terreur on twitter sharing reports from Holland saying ziyech is off chelsea. Be a right coup for them.

Hope we are looking at similar type of styled player on that side as someone cutting in and Riccy on the outside would make us very dangerous 

not too bothered by that as ziyech is the type of player who will either smash it or be a big disappointment at a 'big club' with a huge wage …..  Chelsea are going to buy players like this and some will be more than likely be successes …. like i said, not convinced HZ will in the PL …….

• Like 3

3 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Kristof Terreur on twitter sharing reports from Holland saying ziyech is off chelsea. Be a right coup for them.

Hope we are looking at similar type of styled player on that side as someone cutting in and Riccy on the outside would make us very dangerous 

Seems weird Chelsea choose the one area of the pitch they are stocked with decent options. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Seems weird Chelsea choose the one area of the pitch they are stocked with decent options. 

I disagree, they've lost Hazard and Pedro and Willian are both on the decline/leaving. They have brought in Pulisic who started fairly well but it's yet to be seen if he will be a long term success. They need some extra quality in the final third, Ziyech if he steps up to PL level will give them that. He has been exceptional in Europe for Ajax and their domestic league is dressing gown and slippers stuff for him.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Hwang and Grealish please. Wouldn't be a bad £65m to spend that.

I'm not so sure this article is completely true. Hwang's director said last month they'd refuse any bids for him that month even as much as £34m so if he had a release clause for £20m they'd have been powerless. 

On 07/02/2020 at 23:21, brucey said:

Ndidi > Ricardo > Vardy for me

Agree with this, but next year at the very least we will have to sort a replacement for Vardy, he's turning 34 next season and it will probably be the last season he can contribute at a high level.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure this article is completely true. Hwang's director said last month they'd refuse any bids for him that month even as much as £34m so if he had a release clause for £20m they'd have been powerless. 

The bluff worked then

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would anyone have Mitrovic? 
Watching a bit of Millwall v Fulham and he is fairly good, scored and also Millwall’s goal was well offside (Need VAR...)

Weren't Spuds after him? I rate him as a player and still only 25, don't know about temperament mind and I have a feeling Fulham would be asking big bucks too- Villa were put off by a 40m asking price.

Edited by Realjimbo

8 minutes ago, Tanya said:

It's annoying that Chelsea is going to sign Zayech, especially since we are crying out for a right  winger.

I hope the club has its own options that we are going pursue in the summer.

It's a hugely important window for us in the summer if we do secure top 4. It's going to be Congerton and Rodgers first summer window where they'll likely have full control over transfer targets and the spotlight is massively on them. The sorts of players we have been linked with in recent months doesn't bode particularly well but hopefully that's lazy and speculative journalism as we tend to be a closed shop on transfer targets. 

I hope we continue our philosophy of signing young progressive players from the Championship or fruitful European leagues where the money from the Prem attracts some serious talent. I've little interest in us paying way over the odds for supposed PL proven quality, the value for money is poor and I'd argue they are no more likely to succeed. The likes of Lallana can fcuk off too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

ah yes. the murky world of  release clauses.

Some people have a release clause that reduces their buy out price the longer their contract goes on.

Not saying that’s the case in this instance- i have no way of knowing.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a hugely important window for us in the summer if we do secure top 4. It's going to be Congerton and Rodgers first summer window where they'll likely have full control over transfer targets and the spotlight is massively on them. The sorts of players we have been linked with in recent months doesn't bode particularly well but hopefully that's lazy and speculative journalism as we tend to be a closed shop on transfer targets. 

I hope we continue our philosophy of signing young progressive players from the Championship or fruitful European leagues where the money from the Prem attracts some serious talent. I've little interest in us paying way over the odds for supposed PL proven quality, the value for money is poor and I'd argue they are no more likely to succeed. The likes of Lallana can fcuk off too.

"Congerton and Rodgers"........."first summer window"........."(likely)Full Control"........."spotlight massively on them." I feel it coming..... and you know what I'm talking about.

After watching you guys with Perez I can hear the knife sharpening now.

And indeed the likes of Lallana can fvck off.