Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarshallForEngland

Ritchie de Laet Interview (The Athletic)

Big Nige  is a good judge of character and he hated him - that is nothing to be proud of. 

Also, sorry for being a bit negative but is it actually a "nice read"? 

I've learned nothing from it that I knew before. Marcian was tough, Kante and Mahrez were good and Vardy was crap then good. 

I love what he says about Vardy, the more i hear about him the more i love him, we need to start planning his statue as soon as possible.

He also says what I had always thought about Claudio and why we were always better in the second half.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think it's easy for RDL to say that to be honest as he wasn't getting game time under Claudio. 

He was a mediocre RB tbh as soon as Fuchs and Simpson came in we were rock solid

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He was a mediocre RB tbh as soon as Fuchs and Simpson came in we were rock solid

Lightning quick though, but as you say not the greatest defender ever for sure.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think it's easy for RDL to say that to be honest as he wasn't getting game time under Claudio. 

Exactly. I think when most players in the squad would deem that Claudio allowed them to express themselves, or share ideas. When you’re not playing it’s easy to say the manager wasn’t in control. 

Thats exactly what Claudio did well, he let the players play to their strengths. We all know that as far as tactics go he was rather limited but I see this as being bitter rather than insightful from RD

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Sorry for being a bit negative but is it actually a "nice read"? 

I've learned nothing from it that I knew before. Marcian was tough, Kante and Mahrez were good and Vardy was crap then good. 

So it was you who bumped Ritchie's wife in the bar?

You swine. 

• Haha 4

Was looking forward to reading this but to be honest he comes across as partially bitter. Can’t knock his honesty and it’s a fairly interesting read but going to take it with a pinch of salt. Out of all the players involved in our championship title win he’s the one I feel less attached to. 

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Was looking forward to reading this but to be honest he comes across as partially bitter. Can’t knock his honesty and it’s a fairly interesting read but going to take it with a pinch of salt. Out of all the players involved in our championship title win he’s the one I feel less attached to. 

Great goal against Derby though!

RDL was a gentleman when my son and I bumped into him in Leicester one day.

If nothing else he should be remembered for "that" defence splitting ball to Vardy to make it 4-3 against United

Wonderful stuff!

EDIT:

And wait! RDL scorer of an absolutely pivotal goal  in the title winning season - his Goal Line Technology assisted goal to pull the first goal back when 0-2 to Villa at home

Edited by stripeyfox
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Can only speak as I find ... top bloke.

Invited me around to his house for an interview for talkSPORT a few days after he did the Boro / Leicester double medal thing.

Knew I was a Leicester fan so offered me one of his shirts from the PL title winning season (the away game at Everton) and signed it too.

A few months later bumped into him at the gym, he was waiting for his daughter to finish playing tennis so he invited me to join him and he got me a pint.

As down to earth as they come.

Talking of being down to earth I saw a top sports journalist superstar shopping in Aldi earlier lol

• Haha 1