Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stopper

Man City banned from Europe !

On the one hand, it's fvcking great. On the other, this means the chances of both Spurs and Chelsea qualifying have increased exponentially, which is bad for us as it means they'll both be able to really push us next season. This would be truly fantastic if one of Chelsea or Spurs bottled 5th place to Sheffield Utd. We could be yet again facing a season next year with 3 or more of the "Top 6" in disarray.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

On the one hand, it's fvcking great. On the other, this means the chances of both Spurs and Chelsea qualifying have increased exponentially, which is bad for us as it means they'll both be able to really push us next season. This would be truly fantastic if one of Chelsea or Spurs bottled 5th place to Sheffield Utd. We could be yet again facing a season next year with 3 or more of the "Top 6" in disarray.

Exactly my take on it. As long as we're top four then I want as many big six missing out as possible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This is really not something to get upset about.

If we retain the same amount of CL's spots and placings with our eight point gap down to Chelsea we have an absloutley fantastic opportunity to finish 3rd and go straight into the group stage instead of potentially having to play a dangerous play off round.

... no play off, straight in!! 

Someone at uefa will probably become a multi millionaire overnight a la sepp blatter and we can all agree that qatar hosting a world cup is a fantastic idea, and that ffp was a silly idea anyway.

Chelsea's crime re kids was worse in my opinion, but "it wasn't fair" on the cheaters so was halved.

Meanwhile in rugby, saracens are publicly castigated, rightly pointing to the fact that people have lost their jobs while playing fair.

But then football would cease to exist if it didn't include such powerhouses as chelsea and man city (due to their rich history of being bought by the richest spendthrift oligarchs to ever buy a football club, at a time before it was punished)

Can't argue with that kind of tradition.

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Correct. A "joyous" knee jerk reaction to the news that a rival club is in a bit of trouble. Like we've never been there ourselves. I wonder how those slagging ManC at this would have felt had ManC supporters and others slagged us off when we were in the shit?

Same response. **** 'em.

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Why ?

I assume you know why we went into administration?

FFP and fiddling the books is pretty much the same, in my view.

Without the financial input of our fantastic owners we'd be in the shit for years with a debt that would have brought us down. ManC have been duplicitous and suspect for a few years and deserve a punishment. I don't believe the 2 year ban will happen because they generate so much income for the PL and the CL. However, I'm uncomfortable with the snide shit throwing remarks towards a football club when, if it were us, we'd hate it. It's their problem. Opinions change nothing. I wouldn't want to be in their position so I have no animosity. Maybe they had it coming but I come back to the fact, how would we feel if it was us?

Do you remember any outpouring of sympathy for us? I certainly don't.

How did we feel. Pretty bad.how much did they care. Not a toss.

Why do we have to be the magnanimous ones? **** 'em.

Just astonishing that no one at the club, whilst they've been doing it all of these years, tried to reduce/limit their financial management risks properly (if at all).

This decision just shows that the 'Fit and Proper Persons' law surrounding foreign ownership has been poorly implemented and that football has suffered as a rwesukt of it.

Am glad this has happened, as hope now the EPL can revise it's own financial/club ownership rules to be of a more significantly stringent and relevant one to learn from today's news of this.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-banned-champions-league-premier-points-uefa-fair-play-a9336946.html

A points deduction would not affect any title race or see them relegated, while the Champions League race has been temporarily rendered moot.

While no one sees an expulsion from the Premier League as likely, the Football League have recently changed their rules so that any club in that situation must start again in League Two.

I would ****ing piss myself if this actually happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

just speculating/ commenting of course...

i seem to remember that when the Dennis Wise fiasco happened, we tried to sack him and we were not allowed to because we had already fined him two weeks wages - we were not allowed  to punish him twice for the same offense. What has any of this got to do with Man City?

Well i’d be surprised if the Court of arbitration allows a large points deduction AND for them to be banned from the champions league when essentially both punishments would do the same thing anyway (at least for the first season)

So i’m going to guess they’ll allow the large points deduction that will take them out of the champions league for next season and have the champs league ban suspended for two years and have that hanging over them of it happens again.

I'm not getting excited at all by this just yet. Let's wait and see how it all plays out with their appeal.

UEFA like FIFA are a face of an organization to be quite frank. Their incompetence in handling the racism

issue is a case in point. My question is why haven't other repeat offenders like PSG, Real Madrid etc not

been punished this severely? Or is it a case making an example out of an English easier for UEFA.

Right now I just want some payback at home when City visit so come on Foxes get ya sh## together!

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

just speculating/ commenting of course...

i seem to remember that when the Dennis Wise fiasco happened, we tried to sack him and we were not allowed to because we had already fined him two weeks wages - we were not allowed  to punish him twice for the same offense. What has any of this got to do with Man City?

Well i’d be surprised if the Court of arbitration allows a large points deduction AND for them to be banned from the champions league when essentially both punishments would do the same thing anyway (at least for the first season)

So i’m going to guess they’ll allow the large points deduction that will take them out of the champions league for next season and have the champs league ban suspended for two years and have that hanging over them of it happens again.

Interesting theory. 

Chelsea’s case with FIFA was for entirely different transgressions and with an entirely different punishment, but the CAS case took until December 2019 to be resolved after FIFA’s ban was put in place last February. 

This case is much more serious and has taken UEFA a full year to investigate. Even if the CAS were to overturn it, I doubt their process would be quick enough for Man City to be reinstated by the time the Champions League starts again in June. 

And the Premier League’s argument would probably be along the lines of that, if the PL were to dock Man City say, 30 points; without the added strain of Champions League football and their already €1bn squad, they could feasibly win every single game next season and still end up with 84pts, which has been enough to win the league on multiple occasions (including us), but also more than enough points to secure CL qualification let alone EL.

I don’t know what the PL’s rules are for serious breaches like this. But UEFA are making an example of them because they’ve so flagrantly flouted the rules and repeatedly lied about it. 

Even Man City’s response is basically saying “we broke the rules that UEFA set and we agreed to, and now UEFA are punishing us for breaking those rules and we just didn’t see this coming’.

UEFA’s ban must be upheld, and I hope the PL kick them out too IMO.

• Like 2

I think we will see Man city's form nose dive over the rest of the season. They are now literally playing for nothing. As much as I have sympathy for them, they grew very fast and inorganically and this sadly is the consequence, in times of FFP.

If this isn't overturned I don't actually know where it would leave them - would Pep, their star players and even their owners stay? I assume they have a lot of debt in the way they have grown, so there could be massive ramifications if the owner does leave. 

If the Premier league were to look at this now like they should, would that mean Man City could also face relegation/point's deduction? 

I'd imagine Man City will lobby even harder for a European Super League now. 

It is interesting the punishment is for the CL and, as yet, not seen any evidence the PL/FA will take up any action for their positions in their respective competitions. 

But didn't we have some bother with FPP? Oh yes, we did. 

Edited by Danny Clender

Guest Markyblue
35 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I'd take him back without hesitation. Mercurial, happy to take on defenders and a competent match winner.

And an ungrateful twat he slagged us off and thought he was better than the club we all support, f..k him.